Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If there's an achiement similar to Full House it would be useful for kiting. UE rockbiter+instant Ghostwolf.

pretty sure there was a blue post on this. Its for LOW LEVEL stuff, so you can "tank" mobs while soloing, and in LOW LEVEL instances. It gets replaced with WF and FT as you level up.

10+ Year Old Account
    pretty sure you can get it till LEVEL 75
    "Didn't we have some fun...though? Remember when the platform was sliding into the fire pit and I said 'Goodbye' and you were like 'No way' and then I was all 'We pretended we were going to murder you'......that was great"

would be cool for low level tanking if you didnt need level 75 for rockbitter and level 81 for unleash weapon, other then that only good for kiting stuff or maybe having a shaman tank a caster mob

10+ Year Old Account
    I think this may be used for Cataclysm for CC. Since shamans are very good at fighting casters, imo at least, perhaps there will be situations where this is necessary. Am I for certain? Hell no. Is it possible? Absolutely

The bigger they are, the harder I hit'em

Quote Originally Posted by Brook View Post
    Currently Rockbiter Weapon is an increase of 30% in threat and reduces 5% damage taken.

What is the use of this and why would one use this in the end game?
    Lady Vashj has a mob that must be kited while being killed, has an fear aura. Enhancement might could kite it with some moderate ease using frost shock / UE - RW
    Say what you mean, regret nothing you say.

Yay for more threads concerning Shamans and the new Rockbiter Weapon...

Anyways, it is for situational use, in other words you can try to use it for a variety of things as you please. However, the more common use will end up being when a ranged tank is needed. If you look at other caster/ranged classes, they have various High Threat moves or spells. In fights where a ranged tank is needed, such as Mimiron's head in phases 3 and 4, the ranged tank will use these moves. With other classes having similar moves, I hope we can see some interesting encounters that utilize them.

Now stop making redundant threads.

As said before, it's a kiting tool. I imagine it would work better for Ele since it's a long range taunt and the shaman can stay out of range of the mob they're kiting while an Enh shaman would be up in melee range if they wanted to put more threat on the mob (Besides Frost Shock but Ele can use that and others too).

As it stands now running lvl 80 heroics i have tanked a few as ele with a good healer, but i generally use the fact im pulling 7k dps for threat i dont bother with this weapon enchant. I have been told stories of enh shaman in early BC off tanking stuff with this on????
    But yeh if a shaman could taunt they could do current rolls like kiting the oose on rotface if needed, so there is utility that can be gained. I think the key word is UTILITY. We are meant to be a jack of all trades class.

Everyone knows the new rockbiter weapon is for some guy to go reforge lots of dodge or parry, and then create a video of himself tanking some of the less challenging content, all to call forth the twelve thousanth movement for shaman tanking.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

double rockbite flagcarrier, when melee'd switch to shield
    Quote Originally Posted by SurePlay
    Most Loved : [...] Germans (yea German people are actually awesome, fuck the World War sterotype bullshit)

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar275 View Post
    The hidden footsteps of the legendary tanking shaman?!

P.S. Look at Frost Shock,Toughness,Shamanistic Rage,Unleash Elements - Rockbiter.

We wont be able to tank though, we are critable.
    P.S look at how much threat frost shock actually gives. Its giving out less than earthshock :P even without shield stacks

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar275 View Post
    The hidden footsteps of the legendary tanking shaman?!

P.S. Look at Frost Shock,Toughness,Shamanistic Rage,Unleash Elements - Rockbiter.

We wont be able to tank though, we are critable.
    There is a hunter pet ability to make another person non crittable, but it takes like 20% of the dmg you do. Just to further agitate the wishful tankers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Danund81
    Just SAY IT.* "I'm right you're wrong and I know it because I have the power of a website's link."

For kiting things.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargarii View Post
    There is a hunter pet ability to make another person non crittable, but it takes like 20% of the dmg you do. Just to further agitate the wishful tankers.
    And it doesn't last long enough unless you chain the pet ability with other Hunters

Also I think most of the threat/taunt abilities from none-tank classes are for kiting or for similar things.