10+ Year Old Account

Higher DPS Destro or a Spriest

I'm torn by what to play for cata. Either my Destro Warlock or my Shadow Priest. I am going to be playing 3s with my Mage and Shaman friend.

They are both similiar because they have their dots and also do major burst. So what it pretty much comes down to for me is which one does more damage. If someone could post which one does more dps that would be awesome.

They should be equal in PvE if Blizz does a good job. That's the intention though so they will strive towards that.

Remember though part of locks overall dps comes from the pet. So the lock himself is doing less dps than the spriest but the combined pet and lock dps should be same as spriest. That won't effect PvE much as pet is always attacking. It's just PvP where that could be an issue as a nibbling pet will probably get annoying and then globaled.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    Destro.
    ^ this

don't think shadow priest and destro lock are in the same league when it come to 'major burst'
    Last edited by mmocf31b57ee4e; 2010-11-08 at 12:25 AM. Reason: bad engrish

Destro's def higher dps. Shadow is a hybrid class, we can heal, and are way more versitle than a lock, they can have their extra damage.

Any minor advantages any class can have are subject to change at a drop of a hat. There will never be a perfect balance, but who will come on top is unpredictable.
    Which one did you like to play more now, in wrath?

I don't see the point comparing two different classes.

"Gearscore is like a bikini, what it shows is suggestive, what it hides is far more important!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cruxxy View Post
    Destro.
    Thank you. I posted this on the warlock forum and someone was trying to tell me how it just matters on how well the classes are played. Nothing to do with mechanics...

Quote Originally Posted by lawlpoo View Post
    Thank you. I posted this on the warlock forum and someone was trying to tell me how it just matters on how well the classes are played.
    Whoever told you that was mostly right. An ability to play the class will trump all. Beyond that, DPS is largely a PvE metric.

With the comp you are suggesting destro might be stronger, but I personally find spriest much scarier than destro locks since 4.01.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    They should be equal in PvE if Blizz does a good job. That's the intention though so they will strive towards that.

Remember though part of locks overall dps comes from the pet. So the lock himself is doing less dps than the spriest but the combined pet and lock dps should be same as spriest. That won't effect PvE much as pet is always attacking. It's just PvP where that could be an issue as a nibbling pet will probably get annoying and then globaled.
    If Blizzard does a good job the Destro Lock will always be better. Hybrid Tax is in the game for a reason.
    Warlocks are what FDR was talking about
    Quote Originally Posted by OldHordeGlory View Post
    RAGNAROS: WOULD YOU LIKE THAT TOASTED?!
    Customer: Um, no thanks.
    RAGNAROS: TOO BAD! TASTE THE FLAMES OF SULFURON!

15+ Year Old Account
    Please don't post "what class should I roll?" type threads; they're against forum guidelines (see the FAQ). Also, please don't cross-post the same post across multiple forums.