Shadowpriests and Cata

So for the past few years I've always spent my time with my paladin as whatever spec I found most enjoyable. With Cata coming I feel like I want a fresh start, and Shadowpriests sound like a new little class to get into. Anyone enrolled in the beta want to tell me how they are doing and mebbe post a vid of 85 spriests in a raid environment. Oh, and also warlocks. That would be great!!!
    One last thing, for all you people who have changed their mains before, how the hell do you get the "Courage" to leave all those achievments and stuff that you have earned and start fresh, I'm not completely grasping that feeling yet.

Deleted
    Hey.

I've been playing Shadow since TBC, resto druid back in Vanilla.

If you want my personal opinion about Shadow Priests in Cataclysm, their gameplay (if we skip the possibility of speccing holy) is very similar to Destruction Warlocks, but a lot less dynamic and with fewer cool abilities. Simple as that. No whining, it's just a fact. I enjoyed Cataclysm leveling with Warlock a lot more than with Shadow Priest.
    Unless you are for some reason attracted to a Shadow Priest (or want to heal sometimes), go for a Warlock. As mentioned before, Destruction is very close to SP, but you have wider range of situational (and cooler) abilities, your own pet and Blizzard will always make sure at least one of specs (Affli, Demo, Destro) is competitive.

And about achievements - It's simple: I don't care about them at all .

Yeah, Spriest is a lot like a Warlock, except you're OP and you can heal yourself. The rotation is pretty simple, easy to learn, but hard to master, seeing as Blizz decided to make our main nuke a channeled spell. /facepalm. Though apparently they're fixing that in Cata.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

I've raided both a warlock (in classic as a main, since as an alt) and a shadowpriest (alt until wotlk, then main). If you plan to mostly PVE and don't want to heal at all, there is very little reason to pick a priest over a warlock. Spriest is a ton of fun, BUT, it is a priest. A large part of the class is healing, and if you aren't going to take advantage of that at all, you can get the same flavor from a warlock.

That's not to say Spriest PVE dps isn't fun. It is. I like it alot. But, the primary reason I rolled priest is to have versatility in case I get bored, and because I love having a more diverse toolbag for PVP (IE serious healing potential).

DPS is much more linear in PVE, though. If you want to PVE, and DPS, go with a lock. Afflic and Destro both have flavors similar to the Spriest style, but you get 3 whole variations on lock dps with their own niches and interesting tricks and treats.

Opinion=/=Fact

Play what you want to play, bring the player not the class.
    Spriest will be competative damage.
    If you want to PvP go Lock If you want to heal go priest.

If you want an incredibly easy time finding a raid spot, holy paladin is the way to go.
    Last edited by Scrubble; 2010-11-08 at 04:01 AM.

Concerning letting go of achievements, just know, that at some point, you will no longer play this game, and will it matter how many achievements you had playing classes that you mildly enjoyed, or switching to new things with less achievements, but discovering there was a class you enjoyed far more. I was a slave to achievements on my shaman (6000+), but I finally realized, that if I was focused on those, I could never be happy playing another class. I leveled a warrior to 80, and currently leveling a priest, and it feels so nice to have options, rather than be bound to one character.

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubble View Post
    Opinion=/=Fact

Play what you want to play, bring the player not the class.
    Spriest will be competative damage.
    If you want to PvP go Lock If you want to heal go priest.

If you want an incredibly easy time finding a raid spot, holy paladin is the way to go.
    Way to read the thread. Nobody is saying their opinion is a fact. Where did you read that? And it's kinda hard to reroll paladin when he's already playing one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

Deleted
    Shadow priest is quite fun, competitive in PVP and PVE, and you can also decide to heal if you ever get bored of being a shadow.

Warlock has a wide arrange of cool abilities and is quite competitive in PVP and PVE once again, but if you get bored of being DPS, you're pretty screwed as that's all you can do.

Up to you.

Thanks all for the input, much appreciated.