CHARACTER BIO: Nox'Dol the nomad.

Hey, i'm relatively new, and i love roleplaying. I hope you find this character up to your standards, as I believe i could play a very eccentric character. Please do not shout OP! OP! at the top of your lungs when you read Shadow Hunter, and please read it through carefully (my writing is very fragmented at times when i'm stressed :P)

Race: Sand Troll

Class: Shadow hunter (A kind of warrior/Voodoo Shadow-Priest. Not OP, but hybridized similar to a Paladin or Death Knight)

Personaility Traits: Eccentric, Questioning, surprisingly thoughtful, Not rude but definitely not very kind when dealing with strangers, Helpful for a greater cause, mistrustful, Once known is quite talkative and inquisitive, Hardly seen to be joyful, Diplomatic.

Favours: The Darkspear tribe of the horde (though not enough to try and join the horde itself ),the Light and Darkness (But not in an evil way: More of a balancing outlook on the world to counterweight the light), the Loa, Makrura Flesh (Cooked, fried, baked, or raw!), Forming allies and friendships with other races (unlike most of his kind),using his twin blades of steel, Learning history about the world and it's races, The steamwheedle cartel, Most ogres and Reptiles (particularly Sunscale raptors and dragons; the latter being revered and awe inspiring).

Dislikes:His own former tribe, the sandfury(explained in BIO) , Silithid, The human's views on the world, Most high elves but not as many blood elves,Murlocs ,Prejudiced racists from the horde or alliance, The Scourge, People touching his tusks, Naga, Night elves, and a pure HATRED of harpies, Birds.

Strengths: His power comes from a combination of physical strength, weapon finesse, silent tracking stalking and hiding, and various arts of voodoo.
    He uses two swords with no hand-guards and a large thin plaque in the centre of each blade and with serated edges nearing the tip intended to cause vicious damage. He also wears a combination of special leather armour combined with plate assortments around the Shoulder,Torso,Legs, Hands and Arms. They are attached tightly so as not to make much sound when approaching a victim. He also can use a variety of voodoo based dark magics, from firing a ball of pure shadow to rendering oneself invisible to throwing skulls into a bag and setting fire to them as a divine sacrifice. He also can use some healing powers to a minor extent, but the act is extremely energy-consuming and requires offerings by blood to a deity with whom is not in his favor.
    He is a well learned talker and can usually influence conversations to an extent. His Tough sandlike hide protects him from harsh weather and some otherwise hurtful occasions.
    He also is known to protect allies or helpless ones in need of urgent assistance and has quite the lack of fear (he would look deathwing right in the eye and not flinch a muscle (unless, of course, he was trying to slice the fiend's head in two). He is an excellent runner and can stay at high speed and travel further distances than others of his kind.

Weaknesses: His profession and his racial background make him quite intimidating or unlikeable, so he finds it hard to fit in with other races if he does not get a chance to speak with them properly. He also has a monstrous hatred for harpies and doesn't like many elves. His Shadow magic can sometimes obscure his judgement of situations and make him act a little crueler than he normally would. He also does not forget high acts of cruelty or power that will damage a race or group that is in his favour, even if it may have done it for the best of intentions. He also coughs at times in wet or plant filled environments: This does NOT weaken him or show that he is sick, simply that he does not like the current climate and prefers desert to live in (Note this does not lower his fighting, magic or stealth abilities at all. It doesn't even make him uncomfortable, he just doesn't like the area like scenery and layout.)

Affliation: Neutral, Semi-Horde, Free spirit.

Appearance: Has crackled yellow orange skin with long grey tusks protruding outwards. Blue eyes that can be registered as either welcoming or menacing stare outwards from the head. Red, stringy hair grows down the back in a mane and over the forehead in a fringe. Has a slender but quite muscular build with noticable scars on the shoulderblades. Has very clean teeth. Also has large pitch black patch of skin shaped crudely like a serrated diamond on back due to using shadow arts frequently as a shadow hunter would.

Class Training: When he was young, he was first exposed to dark rituals and sacrifices to help infuse him with dark power. Though normally one's body would become frail once this technique was used on a sandfury troll, ValGulra (Nox'Dol) was miraculously unaffected and was still shown to retain his vicious strength and power. After doing studies of Dark Loa and practicing animal sacrifices to invoke cursed spirits, he was transferred to the training of a shadow hunter. The first session began with him crushing the bones of a Vulture to dust and adding it to a disgusting paste made from a basilisk's inner fluids. When he poured this paste outside the city walls, the horrid stench attracted a monstrous harpy found in the area. The harpy was known as GeeKhaara and had slain many a grown Sandfury warrior with ease. After being attacked repeatedly and unnable to defend himself, Val'Gulra called upon his hate, and a feeling of pure malicious shaddenfreude fell over him. He unleashed a purple-green wave of emotional hunger, which took the face of a laughing skull. The horrific visage consumed the harpy, tearing her in two and swallowing every single
    piece of her body. Afterwards it began to glow red, and exploded into hot grains of sand. So shocked was Val'Gulra that he had done such a powerful evocation that he feinted then and there.
    During his training he had been given the skulls of the local nomads that had been living near their city and was told to boil them in scorpid blood. After doing so he was told to "punish their spirits".
    Not knowing what this means, he pushed his presence into the mixture, and was surprised to find the wailing souls of the recently deceased nomads.
    "Help us." They called, "Why have you done this to us?".
    Withdrawing with disgust, Val'gulra Shattered the skulls to free the moaning spirits, and lied to the witch doctor outside that he had hurt them into becoming the essence of nothingness, which is essentially void.

Bio:
    Nox'Dol, originally known as Val'Gulra, was born in the isolated city of Zul'farrak. Once he had proven himself in battle, he was shown to have considerable intellect and strength. He was taken from his mother to be taught the secrets of blood and shadow by the Witch Doctors of the Sandscalp tribe. Though showing brilliant magical prowess, he was often found absent from his studies and his tutor's lessons and was usually caught slaying wandering scorpids and silithid with lightning speed, and a cruel, vicious strength. Noticing his newfound possibility, the leader of the Sandscalp brang him into the ranks of the Shadow Hunters: An elite Sect of warriors trained to use their silence and powerful dark arts with their brutal combat abilities. Though his skill in this art was nearly unmatched, certain members of the tribe had pointed out that he was too "nosy"; He had asked repeatedly why the tribe did not embrace the idea of joining forces with another group of trolls or races out there and why they had such a violent hostility towards anything not of their own tribe, and always disagreed with the tribe's policy to "slay before it slays you".

Once he was at the age of 24, he started to question to question his entire upbringing. All his life he had seen his tribe as powerful and stronghearted, but now he was beginning to believe they were not thoughtful at all, but only savage murderers. His thoughts were confirmed when he watched in horror as his tribe killed and cannibalised his own mother (he had strong feelings for her wellbeing; something unheard of in the tribe) for arguing about land rights with other members. When he told the chieftain of what had happened he was refused the right of serving judgement to the killers and tried to lash out with his fist in anger. the bloodscalp leader simply laughed maliciously before pushing him to the floor and ordering his guards to execute him for "Fighting the law".
    Val'gulra then used his voodoo magic to infuse his blade with his memories of his mother and his fury of her demise. Lashing out at the two guards, they collapsed. One had the uppar right half of his torso torn apart, the other's head and legs rolling in the sand. Quickly fleeing the city before the populace caught news of his "betrayal".

After many days in the desert of tanaris, a weakened and sore Val'gulra was secretly taken in by goblin guards at the gates gadgetzan of and helped in recovery. He left the following morning and promised the goblins that he "would never forget their generosity". He then renamed himself Nox'Dol; meaning "Lone Gatherer" for his skill in diplomacy and his kindness to some races.
    After that, he decided to travel and learn about the history of the world and help protect the nation of kalimdor from many dangers. He has had explorations of the barrens, ashenvale, silithus, desolace, the stonetalon mountains and durotar.
    One of these many explorations led him to discover the horde's liberated Darkspear tribe. When he was venturing in desolace he came across a large group of jungle troll warriors from an outpost to the west. Having never seen other trolls besides his own, and knowing he'd be no match for them, he laid down his weapons in submission. Though hostile to him at first, they then were puzzled with why he would stray so far from his old home in the desert. After he explained his plight to them, they were far kinder, and unlike members of his tribe attentive and thoughtful. They explained to him of the Darkspear's first meetings with the horde, and how from then on the races of troll and orc formed a steadfast friendship.
    This tale of honour and change sparked a hope in Nox'dol's mind. He wished that one day he could lead his own people into the horde, keeping them safe and sculpting themselves their guaranteed future.
    Though knowing that the Orcs distrusted all trolls besides the darkspear, he still agreed to accompany them to Orgrimmar, and let him watch the ways of the horde's largest city.
    Though he went in confidence, his hope was slightly damaged from the shouts and roars of outrage from various guards and persons throughout the city. It seemed sand trolls were hated with passion, and it would not be easy. For many days and nights he practiced diplomacy and showing his kindness of spirit. Eventually he was able to befriend many Orcs and trolls alike, and was allowed to keep a permanent residence along the shores of durotar. Though not officially part of the horde, he respect's the troll's confidence in the orcs, the orcs gratitude and help towards the trolls, and the taura-he's guidance of the trolls to loose some of their darker rituals.

Currently living in durotar in secret (he paints his entire body for large public appearances to disguise himself from cruel or offensive racists),
    He is now looking for adventure and wants to see and learn more about the Eastern kingdoms.
    Last edited by doomchem; 2010-11-09 at 08:25 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know if we have had a shadow hunter in the RP forums before, this is pretty interesting. Maybe talk more about his training as a shadow hunter? Also tell us more about why he wants to protect the horde and his first meeting(s) with them.

Ok I've slightly updated the Bio to include his meeting with darkspears and i've also had a separate minisection for aspects of his training. I hope you guys let me play this character

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks pretty good imo, all you have to do now is wait for approval. Just make sure you read up on shadow hunters and what they are capable of.

also edited some of the general armour and co-opted some of his powers to better reflect that of the shadow hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    *pokes doomchem towards the Roleplaying rules and guidelines so he can get his app in!*
    Huh? Did I do something wrong with my BIO? because i can make him much weaker if it's too powerful, and i can add in some more lore to make it extra plausible!
    Or do i have to submit my bio to the RP guidelines?

Or am i just not allowed to create a shadow hunter :/

It provides you details on how to submit your application

Quote Originally Posted by Baron Vetrith View Post
    It provides you details on how to submit your application
    Well, umm, I've looked now and sent in an applicant to join the Roleplayers group, but i don't really see anything wrong with my character :/

So do i just wait for approval or do i have to send it somewhere?

No one said anything was wrong with your character, he just directed you there to submit your application. You send it and wait for approval.

What baron said. I only linked the rules to show you where to apply to the group. If I had a problem with any of your bio, I would have said it directly.

Oh ok, sorry for continuously asking, but it's just I was a little confused on how to submit my applicant and I thought it was to be approved in a thread earlier on (I must've not seen that link, or I must've assumed it led to this Sub-forum). I've submitted my character to join the roleplay group with a link to my bio so now i just have to wait for approval.

Thanks a lot . -doomchem
    Last edited by doomchem; 2010-11-10 at 11:48 PM.

Do you want my advice on this even though you have undoubtedly been accepted?

sure thing, go ahead. I'm quite bad at roleplaying so i was quite surprised my character even became accepted at all!
    ~Nox'Dol~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's funny...most people who utterly detest PvP aren't going to suddenly think it's a grand idea b/c they are forced to do it. That's illogical. Hey guys, the government has decided that the nutritional value of feces is too good to pass up. We're going to make sure your fridge is always filled with it so your instincts to eat real food that tastes good and isn't poop will suddenly shift and you'll see the wonder of poop cola.