Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vudu View Post
    That said, it seems like the OP is just particularly attached to dual wielding. I always thought polearms/staves fit the hunter class better, but maybe that's just me. But he has a point about removing it if they're going to force you away.
    That's just it: I'm not attached (outside of crossed axes looking bada$$, and of course the PVP effect). I'm perfectly happy with my Shaft of Glacial Ice, and Quel'Delar 2H when I finally get the damn battered hilt. I just want Blizzard to make everyone's life easier: if you want Hunters to go 2H, just get rid of Dual Wield for them. Don't do these little coercive half-measures, because then when Fang of Twilight drops there are going to be arguments over whether or not the Hunter should roll on it.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bether View Post
    So hunters are using 2h now.

FINALLY! I don't have to put up with all the hunters whining when I, a tank, roll on a threat weapon.
    lolnicesigbro
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Every weapon is a hunter weapon

i have personally always been a fan of Duel Wielding as a hunter, and i think 95% of the ppl who are posting to remove it are other duel wielding classes that want there pixels really bad and assume that if they pretend to be a hunter when they post it will seem more legit and less of a QQ. i can't imagine why anyone would want to have less options than they currently have, most ppl wish to have more options then they do in case for some reason things end up with that set up being better then whatever else you might have access to at the time. I understand that some ppl get very hurt when they don't get an item they want and try not to judge ppl for taking things to seriously, but im sure ppl will always want less competition over gear when they can get it with out sacrificing anything themselves.

Personally i would prefer if every single item had a class restriction on it so we could cut out the debate all together but that seems to be the opposite of the direction they are heading. From what i can tell they want (in the future) every piece of gear to usable by everyone. This may be an exaggeration but they have stated in blue posts that they want all gear to be be usable by more classes to avoid the feeling of having to DE everything from current content just because the 2 ppl in raid who the item is best designed for have it. I guess the best question to ask would be should hunters be allowed to roll on a 1h if they already have a 2h that is better than the stats they could get from duel wielding. its important to remember that if you like your pixels a lot you must also assume that there are others out there who like theres just as much.

All in all i don't imagine that i will ever be complaining that i have too many options. when they give hunters a healing or tanking spec then other classes can start complaining that they have to many option but until then its really a mute point. rogues might be the only class with a legitimate argument here as they have no options either.

2H is always the choice for stats. However if you want to have a weapon chain in that 2H, the overall stats is actually inferior most times to DW with a weapon chain and a agi enchant on the OH, assuming the 2H and the 1Hs are of the same iLvL. I dont DW because of the "look". I do it because of the weapon chain in PvP.
    With no weapon chain, every time you get disarmed= death. Unless they change detterence and Disengage to not require weapons, which is not likely to happen.

not that i care cause i quite my hunter due to blizzard's destruction of the class ... i digress. if i cared i would be more worried about pvp. with no disarm reduction talents anymore and no 1h agility enchant hunters in pvp are forced to either take a 2h stat stick with no dps enchant or go dual wield with a wrath agi enchant and the new weapon chain.

just another nail in the hunter pvp coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    not that i care cause i quite my hunter due to blizzard's destruction of the class ... i digress. if i cared i would be more worried about pvp. with no disarm reduction talents anymore and no 1h agility enchant hunters in pvp are forced to either take a 2h stat stick with no dps enchant or go dual wield with a wrath agi enchant and the new weapon chain.

just another nail in the hunter pvp coffin.
    Or maybe you could get two 2handers and get an agility enchant on one, and a weapon chain on the other and then switch for what the fight needs. GASP THIS MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!

If you think this is another nail in the hunter pvp coffin I would hate to see you try to play a warrior, they actually have to change their weapons during the fight!

Quote Originally Posted by MortalWombat View Post
    Or maybe you could get two 2handers and get an agility enchant on one, and a weapon chain on the other and then switch for what the fight needs. GASP THIS MAKES TOO MUCH SENSE!
    Since you've obviously never played a Hunter, why are you posting in the Hunter forum? The purpose of the 2 1H in PVP is Deterrence requires a melee weapon. The Chain just diminishes the disarm time, but unless it's the full sweep of disarm (I think it's a rogue ability that causes you to lose all melee and ranged weapons), you can still cast Deterrence when disarmed if you're dual-wielding. Switching between 2H does not help with this.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

If you think this is another nail in the hunter pvp coffin I would hate to see you try to play a warrior, they actually have to change their weapons during the fight!
    ok, so, when you see a spriest youre always going to swap weapon in time? have fun being 'silenced' for 10s. youre also suggesting getting conquest points for a full price ranged weapon, and two full priced 2H stat sticks (there are no more 'hunter' melee pvp weapons). have fun with that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Since you've obviously never played a Hunter, why are you posting in the Hunter forum? The purpose of the 2 1H in PVP is Deterrence requires a melee weapon. The Chain just diminishes the disarm time, but unless it's the full sweep of disarm (I think it's a rogue ability that causes you to lose all melee and ranged weapons), you can still cast Deterrence when disarmed if you're dual-wielding. Switching between 2H does not help with this.
    Did I say anywhere that I was talking about dualwielding? No I was talking about 2handers. Feel free to use two 1handers for that situation, I was just giving an example.

Now then lets see here, you seem to be all about "But if we can DW it will cause some mix up over PvE weapons!" Warriors can wield staffs, do you see them taking those staffs? No because it isn't best for them, so unless you're pugging with hunters who don't know that 2handers will be better for them why care about it? And why would a hunter be trying to take PvE weapons for PvP when rogues still need it?

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 02:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vladdraculea View Post
    ok, so, when you see a spriest youre always going to swap weapon in time? have fun being 'silenced' for 10s. youre also suggesting getting conquest points for a full price ranged weapon, and two full priced 2H stat sticks (there are no more 'hunter' melee pvp weapons). have fun with that.
    Oh yes buying weapons sides the ones you use for killing people fast should only be something a warrior has to do right?

the funny thing here is all disarms are full disarms now. the only main hand disarm that was left in game was ... wait for it ... the scorpid sting/chimera disarm. yes, thats right, hutners again had the worst ability.

there is a reason i'm done with this class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember that 1H weapons are getting more put into their "damage per second" component, and less in the stats.

Another way Blizz is making 2H weapons shinier for Hunters.
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

Oh yes buying weapons sides the ones you use for killing people fast should only be something a warrior has to do right?
    i didnt say anything about right/wrong with the pricing only pointing out clearly that there are no 'hunter stat sticks' that are priced like wands/held in off hands. that is how it is.

still have fun buying 2 of the most expensive weapons.

I want bows over you when they drop but I don't get any priority on that.

your only thinking end game that it wont be viable for a hunter it'll still be good as you lvl also the enchants posted are just a few weapon chants how do u know there wont be a passive 1h chant

Quote Originally Posted by Costigan View Post
    your only thinking end game that it wont be viable for a hunter it'll still be good as you lvl also the enchants posted are just a few weapon chants how do u know there wont be a passive 1h chant
    can there still be one? sure. Is there one now? No.

And of course I'm only thinking endgame because endgame is all that matters to the raiders/min-maxers. Most people don't even bother enchanting while levelling because they'll be trading up the weapon soon anyhow. But if the motivation underlying this "coaxing" is for "fairer" (for lack of a better word) weapon distribution at endgame, why not just make it so for the entire game? Why should rogues, etc., have to suffer competition from Hunters while levelling?

Maybe there will be some passive enchants coming. Maybe Blizzard will chime in and say, yeah, this 1H is designed for Hunters -- go get two!

But right now it appears that Blizzard wants to push Hunters to 2H. So push them.

1 handed weapons are better for lore

Hunters are an agility based class. From a lore perspective that means they value speed and dexterity over brute strength. Given that, wouldn't they be carry small fast weapons (daggers, short swords, hatchets) over slow bulky strength requiring great strength (polearms, two-handed weapons). Quite frankly from a lore perspective this makes no sense.

From a gameplay perspective, however, I understand. Feral druids need some competition for gear while enhancement shaman, rogues all ready had enough.

I think, however, there might be a cool solution. Instead of treating the hunter weapon slot like a weapon slot (which means they have to get 2x as many weapons as most people), treat it more like the current relic slot. Allow hunters to buy one handed weapons from the badge vendors. Make these weapons have high stats and low dps (so no one else wants them). What about feral druids? Well it always seemed a little strange that some druids (magic users!!) didn't care about intellect, spell power, etc. Remove agility weapons all together and allow druids to use spellcaster weapons. More intellect/spellpower means the druid can transform into a stronger cat.

If, in fact, you are looking at this topic at a realism perspective, Hunters would only actually use 1 weap. IMO the only reason Blizz gave Hunters dual wield, was because finding an agil stam staff/polearm that has the equip: stats a Hunter needs, its actually far less of a chance than just farming for the countless melee weapons you find all over ICC whereas there are only 3 or 4 Hunter oriented staffs/polearms.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilarity View Post
    Well, obviously they want hunters veering toward the less-popular agility polearms and feral druid staves. They make much more reliable and sensible stat-sticks when compared to the 2.6 Axe that rogues want for MH, Shamans want for OH, Frost DK's want for whatever Frost does, and SMF warriors will likely still go for in their MH.
    well actually, dks will now be able to use 1h weapons with str instead of agi!! cuz agi is useless for dks now.
    ggg

can there still be one? sure. Is there one now? No.

And of course I'm only thinking endgame because endgame is all that matters to the raiders/min-maxers. Most people don't even bother enchanting while levelling because they'll be trading up the weapon soon anyhow. But if the motivation underlying this "coaxing" is for "fairer" (for lack of a better word) weapon distribution at endgame, why not just make it so for the entire game? Why should rogues, etc., have to suffer competition from Hunters while levelling?

Maybe there will be some passive enchants coming. Maybe Blizzard will chime in and say, yeah, this 1H is designed for Hunters -- go get two!

But right now it appears that Blizzard wants to push Hunters to 2H. So push them.
    but ur basically saying scrap dw for hunters coz u cant use 1h in endgame (maybe) other classes have weapons that they can use but arent ideal for them yet they can STILL use them why scrap something just coz when cata is released u cant enchant it lol