Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Will flying cause more low level ganking?

It is obvious that most people will be flying from location to location in the new expansion. It is much cheaper and faster than the flight paths. While in flight low level people will obviously be questing/leveling below them. This will obviously lead to a huge increase in ganking (especially if you're on an unbalanced ratio server).

Did I miss something about Blizzard doing something about this?

Deleted
    The low levels will allways be ganked, get used to it. Otherwise, role a rpg server...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
    It is obvious that most people will be flying from location to location in the new expansion. It is much cheaper and faster than the flight paths. While in flight low level people will obviously be questing/leveling below them. This will obviously lead to a huge increase in ganking (especially if you're on an unbalanced ratio server).

if someone wants to gank, they'll walk, worrying if flying mounts will make it easier for gankers will just result in unnessecary restrictions on the rest of us

basically "This is why we can't have nice things"

they putted guards lvl 90 in starting zones,doubt that a lot 80+ ppl will spent time in 1-60,they have no reason to do that,unless some wants to gank low lvl ,well that is just being a jerk,you can't do nothing about that,best thing is to logoff with that char and go play/do something else or other char and come back later
    Last edited by Iamawesome; 2010-11-08 at 04:36 PM.

It will happen and there's not a whole lot you can do about it.
    Sadly, there will be more people who are bored and just fly around low level areas like STV just to gank people than there is now because of the convenience.

If you're on a PVP server, you will just have to deal with it.
    Blizz won't protect the lowbies or it takes away the PVP element of the server.

If you get ganked, get you your main and go gank them. If ganking is making your game play that unpleasant, transfer to a carebear server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dalaran, hiding whoopie cushions under Rhonin's chair.
    I'm sure if I need to fly to Stormwind from Menethil Harbor, I won't be too worried about the low levels on the ground; but more like my destination, anything in guild chat, and if Deathwing is flying around purging the world!
    Ask of me, and I shall give thee the heathen for thine inheritance, and for thy possession, the ends of the earth. Thou shalt break them with a rod of iron. Thou shalt dash them in pieces, like a potter's vessel. Be wise now therefore ye kings. Be admonished ye judges of the earth. Serve the lord with fear, and rejoice with trembling. Kiss the son lest he be angry, and ye perish in the way, though his wrath be kindled but a little.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dredlork View Post
    The low levels will allways be ganked, get used to it. Otherwise, role a rpg server...
    you mean PvE server. RPG servers gank just as much

No this will not lead to more ganking as the higher levels will still be mostly in their own regons or do you see a lot of outland ganking atm? no

Deleted
    "much cheaper" yah..1g cheaper...
    Besides, I cba flying with mount most of the time, i just pay the 1g, wait the extra 1½ minutes to arrive, and meanwhile do something else. Like right now, im flying all over Northrend (from ally place in Dragonblight to ToC).
    Besides, HOW exactly would they gank? Most of the times you level in your factions area, which means you dont have pvp activated, its only when you enter another factions area or a neutral area.
    I think we will see a VERY small increase of ganking, nothing anybody will notice however.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubb View Post
    If you get ganked, get you your main and go gank them. If ganking is making your game play that unpleasant, transfer to a carebear server.
    thats the spirit !!

Quote Originally Posted by Dumbnut View Post
    "much cheaper" yah..1g cheaper...
    Besides, I cba flying with mount most of the time, i just pay the 1g, wait the extra 1½ minutes to arrive, and meanwhile do something else. Like right now, im flying all over Northrend (from ally place in Dragonblight to ToC).
    Besides, HOW exactly would they gank? Most of the times you level in your factions area, which means you dont have pvp activated, its only when you enter another factions area or a neutral area.
    I think we will see a VERY small increase of ganking, nothing anybody will notice however.
    Ummm...what? Your faction area only goes up to level 20.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dunzie View Post
    They already did. It's called they made PVE servers.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Quote Originally Posted by akuaku View Post
    you mean PvE server. RPG servers gank just as much

No this will not lead to more ganking as the higher levels will still be mostly in their own regons or do you see a lot of outland ganking atm? no
    Come to Laughing Skull, Thrallmar is more often than not camped and destroyed and you have to hide and try to run to a quest giver and hand in before you and the npc are brutally slaughtered.

why blizzard hasnt made it so if ur 10levels above another player you cant attack him/her unless he/she attacks you first is one of the reasons im thinking of transferring to a lowpopulated rp realm while im leveling to 85, mainly because my realm is massivly overpopulated with horde which ALLWAYS gank. just the other day on my lvl 40 druid alt a RESTO shaman was camping STV hunters camp and ally flight post and only attacking lowbies running by, if a high level came around he would run away.. i mean, get balls ur not getting HK's for it, not getting Honor, and if u need to get ur selfesteem up go onshot critters cuz it's basicly the same thing.

PvP happening on a PvP server? Blasphemous!

The first thing you chose in this game is ganking or no ganking. No sympathy here for people on a PvP server getting killed. It's the name of the game.

Lowbie ganking allows for lowbie defense, a nice aspect of the world PvP experience.

If you want to choose how and when you PvP, come join us on the PvE servers. It's why we have them in the first place.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Mwhahah yes because until cata u can only go on ground mounts. Flying u can cover so much space faster. I love me my blackened worg steaks so I can track lowbie ally scum mwhahahaha let the genocide begin!

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Come to Laughing Skull, Thrallmar is more often than not camped and destroyed and you have to hide and try to run to a quest giver and hand in before you and the npc are brutally slaughtered.
    As a fellow LS player, I will concur that Thrallmar is hit often enough to take notice. I will also point out that most of the allies who do try to take over are pretty terrible. I've run countless turds back into cities only for them to counter me the only way they can: logging off in shame. If I happen to be on a lowbie in OL (and it's been a while), I've never had it so bad that I needed to get my main. I chose to deal with the 80s or I just went on questing. It's not nearly as dramatic as you're making it sound.

Alright honestly, people are always gonna gank. I gank on the reg, i force lowbies to get their mains and their friends and push world pvp. So if your on a pvp, or rp-pvp server and crying about getting ganked go level your toons on a pve server.... seriously quit crying

Aren't some of the lowbee zones heavily phased? As in the 85s who haven't gone back to do all the new Loremaster stuff will just be flying over nothing since all the leveling players are in different phases? I'm sure there will be plenty of non-phased areas for ganking but also a few safe places pending phasing.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamawesome View Post
    they putted guards lvl 90 in starting zones,doubt that a lot 80+ ppl will spent time in 1-60,they have no reason to do that,unless some wants to gank low lvl ,well that is just being a jerk,you can't do nothing about that,best this is to logoff with that char and go play/do something else or other char and come back later
    That may just be for the Beta, and that seems redundent, you dont flag in your own factions starting zones.
    Last edited by pickley; 2010-11-08 at 04:34 PM.