Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #21
    A lot of people (especially raiders) min/max in order to attain the highest possible dps for their class. Many guilds even go so far as to require members to hold two raiding professions that best suit the class. Its just a different level of dedication to being the best you can at what your doing.

  2. #22
    anyone gone and made a suggestion post on the blizz forums or reported in the beta ?
    Its utterly pointless to vent our frustration about this really questionable "ability" here, rather than there where it might get heard/considered, on the official forums.

    Also, Im european, so our forums are way less read than the NA forums, hence i didnt post it there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Kael'thas and Kil'Jaeden are actually quite similar. For one, both names start with the letter K, which is short for...kuhraaaaazy. Second, both had a hard-on for the color red and blood-elf girls. Third, they both were defeated at the Sunwell. Lastly, they both hate people who make threads comparing things that are as different as bananas and grape drink.

  3. #23
    ahh, i suppose these people raid a lot harder than i do. i kind of like being able to gather while i run around the world and stuff, it always feels like a waste when i see minerals but can't mine them. it's been my experience that the most important thing in a raid is not standing in the fire and knowing the fight/paying attention/being able to play, which having a second production professions is unlikely to assist you with, anyway.

    i'm going to go ahead and point out that if you are ever expecting engineering to make you money, ever, you are probably not doing it right. there are likely much better things to spec into if raw dps is your thing, since the dps increase from engineering isn't likely going to be as severe as it was in WotLK. no bombs to throw and all that.

  4. #24
    I dunno, I like it. I'm sure the droprate will get nerfed, but it actually gives your gathering profession a little more use. And I am glad they did away with the clouds. Never really liked that mechanic.

  5. #25
    Its a shame I cant have a gathering profession and 2 actuall professions. (unless something changed that I'm not aware of) I really dont see the point in having to fly around on my paldin for ore for my shamans engineering or on my druid for herbs for my flasks and pots, again for my shaman. Alls I want is to be able to mine on my shaman without having to drop Engineering or Tailoring (loliknowrite) especially if what you say is correct about there not being any more gas clouds.

    [Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

    1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    Its a shame I cant have a gathering profession and 2 actuall professions. (unless something changed that I'm not aware of) I really dont see the point in having to fly around on my paldin for ore for my shamans engineering or on my druid for herbs for my flasks and pots, again for my shaman. Alls I want is to be able to mine on my shaman without having to drop Engineering or Tailoring (loliknowrite) especially if what you say is correct about there not being any more gas clouds.
    i suspect the inconvenience is the only thing that can really attempt to enforce taking a gathering profession on characters to which it would provide applicable materials. for many people, apparently, the inconvenience is outweighed by the benefit. i guess you are stuck logging into different characters to supply your main with goods, sir.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Martana View Post
    i've always been confused with people who don't take a gathering profession on each character. do you enjoy having to play the game on another tune just to farm materials? do you really feel the extra stats on your raiding character make or break your raid performance? honestly curious here.
    Some of us like having every profession amongst our alts, and don't feel the need to have more than one character dedicated to gathering. Nothing to do with raid performance.

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by chuck123 View Post
    anyone gone and made a suggestion post on the blizz forums or reported in the beta ?
    Its utterly pointless to vent our frustration about this really questionable "ability" here, rather than there where it might get heard/considered, on the official forums.

    Also, Im european, so our forums are way less read than the NA forums, hence i didnt post it there.
    Fixt. I made a post under suggestions about it on the official forums, so everyone who agrees go chime in and perhaps the Blizz gods will smile upon us =)

  9. #29
    There's more to this game than End Game stat-crunching.

    I for one am glad I didn't cave into the craze and replace my Mining on my Rogue with Enchanting as I was thinking (hoping) they would beef up the uses Mining will give.

    This, to me, is an absolute blessing!! This lets me snub my nose at all the stat-builders and make a killing in profits. ^_^

  10. #30
    I feel like the whole 'making every bit count' is more of a mindset than a literal, by-the-numbers benefit. Once you decide that you don't really need two raiding professions to do your best, what's to stop you from going down a slipperly slope from there and deciding, you don't really 'need' to flask for a fight, you don't really 'need' to use the epic gem in this slot, you don't really 'need' that one extra enchant that costs a lot more gold... all these little things add up to a really big benefit overall.

    That said, I suppose I'll just have to stick engineering and herbalism on one of the two new Cataclysm alts I'm making, even though my main already has engineering. Need to make sure I have a reliable volatile air source for crafting, even though I really don't like it.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  11. #31
    Remember when Blizz got rid of the whole "best-in-slot" upgradeable profession item because they wanted people to choose professions based on fun, not on optimizing statistics?

    This, I believe, is no different - and is a WELCOME change.

    Those of you who chose to primary professions as opposed to gathering ones? Suck it up! That's the price you will have to pay (quite literally) for your "Extra stat boosts" to benefit your min-maxing style gameplay.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 06:51 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I feel like the whole 'making every bit count' is more of a mindset than a literal, by-the-numbers benefit. Once you decide that you don't really need two raiding professions to do your best, what's to stop you from going down a slipperly slope from there and deciding, you don't really 'need' to flask for a fight, you don't really 'need' to use the epic gem in this slot, you don't really 'need' that one extra enchant that costs a lot more gold... all these little things add up to a really big benefit overall.

    That said, I suppose I'll just have to stick engineering and herbalism on one of the two new Cataclysm alts I'm making, even though my main already has engineering. Need to make sure I have a reliable volatile air source for crafting, even though I really don't like it.
    Then those people simply won't make the big-time raiding guilds who specifically request "min-max" profession choices. That's all...

    People who choose not to flask and that will become part of lower-tier progression guilds, and if they're happy with that - then so be it. It won't effect your guild if you all are into optimizing statistics.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    ^this. Seems odd in world of casual craft to essentially make on profession require another. Thats like making the 2hr duration of flasks for alchamists only work if you have herbing on that toon. Hopefully they put clouds in. Or even make it BoA.
    the volatile elements are BOP?

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironically View Post
    the volatile elements are BOP?
    I think he meant make the Engineering device BoA and remove the Eng. Requirement, so your other Gathering toons can utilize it.

    Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

  14. #34
    Brewmaster Rukah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,293
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    I think he meant make the Engineering device BoA and remove the Eng. Requirement, so your other Gathering toons can utilize it.
    This.

    ---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 06:16 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Remember when Blizz got rid of the whole "best-in-slot" upgradeable profession item because they wanted people to choose professions based on fun, not on optimizing statistics?

    This, I believe, is no different - and is a WELCOME change.

    Those of you who chose to primary professions as opposed to gathering ones? Suck it up! That's the price you will have to pay (quite literally) for your "Extra stat boosts" to benefit your min-maxing style gameplay.
    ROFL, might want to take of those rose tinted glasses sir.

    How can forcing a player to take 2 specific professions, on a single character (in order to gain the intended benifits of a single profession) be "opening up peoples options".

    No edits for spelling.
    Last edited by Rukah; 2010-11-09 at 07:18 AM. Reason: clarity

  15. #35
    Herald of the Titans Seriss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    EU-Garrosh
    Posts
    2,787
    No way in hell am I dropping JC for Mining. I'll rather throw away Engineering if it's just way to expensive and hard to farm for. I've been considering going back to Alchemy.
    metanoia gone horde!

    Main: Seriss - Restoration Shaman ~ Favourite Alt: Syope

  16. #36
    they should at the very least make it also include prospecting milling disenchanting

    what would be best though is to just bring back the old zappthrottle mote extracrtor! and reintroduce gas clouds!

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by XemnasXD View Post
    But i don't want mining and engineering. I want Eng and JC. Maybe they'll put clouds in later =/
    ^this
    Kinda makes me mad because the 2 toons I have engineering on i also have JC aswell. If blizz made this BoA, I think that would make some of us happier considering the devs spent no more than 5 minutes putting together engineering for cata by the looks of our rather bleek portfolio of goods now.

  18. #38
    Brewmaster Cyph3r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,371
    I like how they finally give engineering a few ways to make some solid cash, and people rage about it. Granted, it means sacrificing a second crafting profession for a gathering one, but thems are the breaks. If you've got 2 crafting professions then you have 2 potential sources of income that you can use to buy volatile air from those of us who don't.

    I also notice that they gave us some awesome ranged weapon patters, which require chaos orbs... which are BOP. Meaning people can't just bring us mats and have us craft one for them, WE have to supply the orb at the very least, which means we can actually charge for our goods for once.

    I just wish the stupid condenser would go in my ENGINEERING BAG.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by tilgare View Post
    That's a bummer for anyone with two raiding professions... =(
    Mining is great for tanks, Herbalism is great for anyone who likes haste CDs.

    Although I admit skinning is still pretty crap, the other two are decent raiding professions sometimes.

    Shadow Priest Main
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Your post is so drenched in frustration and sarcasm that it's really ruining my salad.

  20. #40
    this is funny. all I hear in this thread is raiders wanting the game to get easier for them. sounds like casual talk to me.

    sometimes you cant have the best of both worlds. you either get your bonuses from 2 tradeskill prof or you have an easier time with 1 tradeskill and 1 gathering.

    *flamesuit on*

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •