Possible 25 to 10 conversion

As the title says, i was wondering about converting a 25man raid to 10man. With this stupid new lockout, and not being and to do both, I was wondering if I would be able to host a 25man raid, and then convert it to 10man after. I know its possible, but what im really wondering is how the whole Heroic/Regular thing is. If we start the instance as regular, but make Marrowgar Heroic, then do maybe 1 or 2 others in Heroic, does it stay? And then when the raid breaks up, or people leave, and its the 10people who are staying, when i convert to 10man raid, is it going to register as 10man heroic or 10man regular? Any advice/info would be great, Thanks

you can convert your 25man raid into a 10man raid regardless if you do hc bosses or not, BUT note that if you do one single boss in hc difficulty in 25man you won't be able to kill any bosses in hc in 10man later on. you'll have to do them normal...

(the same is true when you do a 10man raid, which you want to convert into a 25man raid later... at the point you kill a hc boss in any lockout, you're locked to this particular lockout for heroic difficulty, but you can switch to the other size while only doing normal everytime)

I'm sure about the killing a boss in hc difficulty thing, I'm NOT sure if attempts on hc wing end bosses (such as PP, BQ, Sindra, LK hc) will count towards the heroic restrictions. (they might, so you should maybe be careful about that too)

I am fairly sure they removed the heroic attempt counters for the wing bosses.

well the whole thing behind this is....i want to do like, lower lvl in 25man, at a chance for the healing trinket for my guilds healers, and obv DBW for who ever. We have a 25man KS in guild, so we would do gunship on heroic, but then i would want to continue from Plauge wing in 10man. Given what you said, we wouldnt be able to do anymore of ICC10 in heroic, just normal?

Quote Originally Posted by Khraeme View Post
    We have a 25man KS in guild, so we would do gunship on heroic, but then i would want to continue from Plauge wing in 10man. Given what you said, we wouldnt be able to do anymore of ICC10 in heroic, just normal?
    right, if you'd do gunship 25man heroic you wouldn't be able to do any 10man bosses on heroic within this lockout!

Quote Originally Posted by Carline View Post
    right, if you'd do gunship 25man heroic you wouldn't be able to do any 10man bosses on heroic within this lockout!
    lame. so then if we do first 4, on regular, and continue in 10m, we would be able to then? or that has to be done in normal

Yeah, Heroic Loot ship is the killer. Doing it on heroic locks you from doing all the others as you change to 10 man.

so would the best thing to do is just do first 4 on regular? or stick to 10man heroic (9/12)?