Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ormula View Post
    As a resto druid main spec and feral offspec, the only way I was able to solo skeram was as a resto druid with thorns. And it took forever.

You can solo heroic UP for the blue proto drake, just stealth through to Skadi and make good use of your cooldowns and time bringing him down well.
    Any tips and hints for soloing heroic UP?
    I tried--stealthed through to Skadi. But those mobs that keep coming until you pull him down just eat my HP, especially the casters... and I always end up having some up whenever he is in range of the harpoons, so I get knocked out of bear form while using them, and that rips out chunks of my HP as well.

Gather the adds up and kill the giant pack then go inside the room and kill them as they spawn, just pick up harpoons as you go and don't launch them until you have all 6. then He'll drop down and I'd pop all my cooldowns and zerg him.

soloed Garfrost for the achievement ^^; Could of done Irk, but I screwed up mid way, healing my self to close to him while he was in chase mode :\

I need to try to solo HUP again, tried on beta a while back, before we got skill buffed in bear, but I kept getting owned at around 50% hp left on the boss, always being forced to use my cooldown when he landed because of all the damage the adds were doing.

Otherwise, can easily do all the already mentioned content: All heroics in bc, most of kara, zg in full except Hakkar(because of the MC, but it sounds like it's been changed?), pretty much all wotlk normal instances, although I didn't really try them all from lack of reason to.

Soloed most group quests in beta...

I just tried skadi and it's impossible. With the major nerf to our aoe, self heal and shield bubble, I can't get rid of all those mobs before they eat all my hp, and even if I rush the 3 harpoon and get the boss down asap to stop the add re-spawn, they are still overwhelming. The harpooner hurts quite a bit and the wtich doctor are real painful. (at level 80 on live with half-half 251 and 264 items)
    Last edited by Jawstrock; 2010-11-09 at 05:02 PM.
    CATA BETA CLUB!
    HearthStone BETA CLUB!

Quote Originally Posted by Justbearwithit View Post
    Gather the adds up and kill the giant pack then go inside the room and kill them as they spawn, just pick up harpoons as you go and don't launch them until you have all 6. then He'll drop down and I'd pop all my cooldowns and zerg him.
    I guess I'll try that, though I ended up popping a CD or two just to survive the big pack.
    He owned me during his whirlwind--I couldn't run away fast enough.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been soloing the mount drops instances every reset (zg, kara, strat, hmgt). I want to try heroic up tonight to see if I can do it, I never thought about trying to solo that one before and would love to get a blue proto.

I just noticed you're full out cat, I'm fully gemmed/geared as a tank so maybe that's why it's so much easier. I have almost 70k health in heroics. I wouldn't say that means you can't do it, but it will probably be a lot harder lol...

just pick up harpoons as you go and don't launch them until you have all 6
    Iirc they lowered the harpoons needed to 3.
    "Seeping crest of turbidity, arrogant vessel of lunacy.
    Boil forth and deny, grow numb and flicker, disrupting sleep.
    Crawling queen of iron, eternally self-destructing doll of mud.
    Unite, repulse. Fill with soil and know your own powerlessness."

Primera - Elemental Shaman - <Vedo La Gente Morta> - Pozzo dell'Eternità IT

UP is easy, even in cat gear. Having a real tank spec for the extra avoidance helps though. I stealth up to Skadi, pop Dash for the gauntlet, throw up thorns 2 gcd's before I would get damaged by the trash. Then bear form, swipe and start running towards the harpoon guys in the end. Take the caster down first, then the harpooners. By now you should have more trash spawned, just kill the harpooner/witch doctor first.

The warriors are a joke really <.< You might have to pop cooldowns, but stand where the adds spawn and take down the most annoying one first and you'll heal up slowly. Once you have full health and you don't have SI or FR on cooldown you can start shooting down Skadi. During whirlwinds I never run away at all, I just pop Enrage + Barkskin for the first one and SI+FR for the second. Enrage + Barkskin should be up for the third one and after that he's dead.

It takes me a while, but he's not really hard. I even have it recorded, just need to add music and upload it to youtube.

I haven't really tried to solo MC, but I don't think it would be much of a problem besides Geddon <.< And I know there are good places to tank him, I just haven't gotten around to it. ZG is easy, I can take all of Kara (that includes Netherspite).
    I was almost able to solo the first boss in AQ 40 before 4.0.1 so I think it should be possible now. Taking the whole place is probably out of the question though.

Oh, and here's the link to my armory in case anyone is curious. Oh, and ignore the agi+haste gems, I fixed the gemming when the simulator was broken and haste had a higher stat weight than crit. And with one month left to cata I just cba to change them >.<

Quote Originally Posted by seraph1337 View Post
    How did you manage to solo Skeram? I don't have incredible tanking gear, but 5.7k isn't awful. I've tried a few times with various methods but unless I hold DPS between phases to let SI and FR come back up I die to the clones earth shocking the crap out of me.
    What I did was throw on some NR gear and used a resistance pot, to help with earth shock that actually helped alot. Pop barkskin inbetween splits and heal up if you need to, save berserk for splits. Now I thought that the only reason why they spammed earth shock was when the tanks weren't in melee range of the mobs. I have tried lots of different things to see if I was doing it wrong and it didn't matter what I did, they just kept shocking me. So I just kept working around it and eventually did it.

Also from my understanding Terestian doesn't chain you if you are the only one. I solo'd kara for months for gold, rep, etc and never once got chained.

For those who havn't tried it, Sulfuras actually isn't a bad weapon now.. all melee attacks on you reflect back (puny) 5 points of damage, which is still better than 0 damage if you don't have thorns on, and since they changed how we gain AP, you actually lose little amount of dps using it instead of current weapons. Plus it's a level 60 weapon so you can easily slap any weapon enchant you want on it
    I crafted one recently and was surprised by how good it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    A guildy of mine just solo'd Heroic HoL. He tried H VH but died to the water boss. I can barely do Outland heroics as bear. /shrug

Do you have to be bear to do these? I am mostly cat DPS spec so guess most of these are not an option with the low HP.

everything except northrend HC dungeons and some 80 normal dungeons almost all vanilla raids except parts of AQ

Quote Originally Posted by Sabtheshaman View Post
    I'd like the know how you farm Skadi. Or at least give us a link to your druids Armory so we can compare our stats with yours to see if we ( I ) can do it also.
    Gear is nothing special, mostly 264s. Spec is bear/cat hybrid. I just wear cat gear, stealth all the way to him, stealth past the first big pack of adds in his hallway entirely. Make sure to kill the witch doctors, since they nuke for 3k and your armor doesn't mitigate it. Make sure you have 3 harpoons at once, since he regens really fast now. Use them asap, since the adds are a pain and just keep coming. Once they're dead he's not too bad, you can usually eat his WWs with a cooldown.

Deleted
    dunno bout you, but you only need 3 harpoons, which are gathered trough the initial pull and the next 2 mobs that spawn.

I've solo'd all of Kz (except netherspite - 3 beams) all outland heroics and northrend heroics, (except for: occulus because 1 person vs Eregos = , and I haven't tried to solo the icc heroics, pit of saron may be possible and forge of souls but Halls of Reckoning... :/ ) and that was before the patch.

I haven't really tried anything else since i can't be arsed.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|

Im doing aq20, zg, full kara clear, sometimes 4 bosses from za, and mc on every reset.. And netherspite is soloable if u kill the boss in the back of the room.. Youll get all of the beams simultaneously if u put him in the right spot

Quote Originally Posted by Sura View Post
    ... I can't kill Netherspite (no way to handle the 3 beams) ... (but will do!).
    Yes you can, go youtube DK solo KZ and see how he positioned Netherspite.

My gear isnt special (251-272) and I have done most of everything prior to Woltk. Usually I just do the BC heroics / Kara so i can farm matts for Mongoose in addition to the normal ZG/MC runs. I can't speak for other ferals but i have found a lot of bosses, including Hakkar easy enough kill in kitty form with DPS spec. His health regen can't compete with Rake and Rip ticking even when you are MCd.

I just noticed you're full out cat, I'm fully gemmed/geared as a tank so maybe that's why it's so much easier. I have almost 70k health in heroics. I wouldn't say that means you can't do it, but it will probably be a lot harder lol...
    I have a tank spec and gear, though the gear isn't fully completed and no where near the level of my kitty gear (around 63k health self buffed). I did try solo'ing it in bear spec and gear, though I'm tempted to try again in kitty gear and bear spec for some better output.