Page 1 of 3
LastLast

CD on Heart of the Phoenix

A little curious why demo locks can rez their pet every 2 minutes with demonic rebirth but hunters can only insta rez their pet every 8 minutes and that only applies to ferocity pets. Also that Blizz removed improved revive pet which helped a lot with the lesser cast time, kinda wondering why we got the shaft on this one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do you want a bunch of bullshit or an honest answer?

Bullshit: Because your classes are different and blizzard is against homogenization and decided warlocks needed it more than hunters.

Honest: No clue, I'm wondering why warlocks are so OP in the pet rezzing department while DKs and hunters are still the same or a little worse than before.

why is your pet dying in the first place?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by todzilla85 View Post
    passive aoe that's hitting the pet for the full amount due to it not being considered an aoe and the pet isnt "smart enough" to move even though you instructed the pet to "stand here".

i point to the lava pool in stonecore on the 2nd boss...

ugh tail swipes better not hit pets...
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

Quote Originally Posted by todzilla85 View Post
    Hunter pets, actually pets in general die very fast in pvp with the removal of resilience for pets so pets are getting 2 to 4 shotted depending on the class, thats why my pet is dying.

Deleted
    Pets die. Demons are just sent back into the void. There's quite a difference there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vjj Salad View Post
    Hunter pets, actually pets in general die very fast in pvp with the removal of resilience for pets so pets are getting 2 to 4 shotted depending on the class, thats why my pet is dying.
    resil was removed from pets?
    Sig: Left-aligned forms are the slowest of the three to complete because of the number of eye fixations they require to parse.

because warlocks don't rez their pet. they summon demons. summoning is a much simpler process than bringing a dead animal back to life

I didn't think resilience was removed from pets. I just thought they removed the crit chance reduction, and the fact that it doesn't work on NPCs.

You are right resilience was not removed from pets, that was my bad. Anyway back to my original post that the Cool Down on Heart of the Phoenix is just way too long compared to Demonic Rebirth, I am pretty sure most of the hunter community would agree with me on this, if this isn't changed at least lower the cast time on revive pet to make up for it.

You also want to note that warlocks can summon their demon instantly with soulburn.

Pets die. Demons are just sent back into the void. There's quite a difference there.
    Can't have all the other peoples goodies now can we...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Max Del View Post
    resil was removed from pets?

I didn't think they ever got around to giving it to pets.

Also I think this is more of a lore question: demons are enslaved minions forced to do the bidding of the warlock and thus when they "die" (banished back from whence they came, this is actually mentioned as what happens when you "kill" a demon normally in a few quests) they can be pulled back into this reality by their master. At the same time, hunter pets are real animals that are just our loyal pals.
    "WoW is a game about upgrading your stuff." - Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Cilraaz
    anachronistic hypocrites
    Oh noes! We're time traveling hypocrites!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BMBLB View Post
    because warlocks don't rez their pet. they summon demons. summoning is a much simpler process than bringing a dead animal back to life
    But what if the demon died from another warlock's Drain Soul?

Pets don't inherit resilience since the patch. They can easily be killed in a couple globals by most classes, so that whole "your pet shouldn't be dying in the first place" crap is really completely invalid, especially considering how easy locks get it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chelate View Post
    I didn't think they ever got around to giving it to pets.

Also I think this is more of a lore question: demons are enslaved minions forced to do the bidding of the warlock and thus when they "die" (banished back from whence they came, this is actually mentioned as what happens when you "kill" a demon normally in a few quests) they can be pulled back into this reality by their master. At the same time, hunter pets are real animals that are just our loyal pals.
    so my pet should get insta-gibbed by players and have a 10second rez and a 8min rez CD (ferocity only) while warlocks get instant cast/rez and a 2min insta rez CD because of stupid lore? Some people dont care about lore >.<

Great! Lore 1
    Gameplay 0

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 04:26 AM ----------

HotP should be available to ALL pets trees (C,F,T) on a 2-3min CD but i doubt blizzard will do it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Shadows gather when the raven swallows the day. Burning sky is extinguished as black wings fold gently about the heavens. Rest, my children, rest. For even the sun must sleep. (Source)

I think it's mainly because of the damage reduction warlocks get from their pets. Hunters have abilities that can keep themselves alive like deterrence FD and disengage, warlocks rely on that damage reduction from their pet, they do however have abilities like summoning portal and drain life but the pets damage reduction is the biggest thing. This is why in almost every 3v3 arena I see when they go for the warlock they always kill the pet first, when people try to kill me in pvp, they really only try to kill my pet if they catch it out of los of my healer and me AND they cant attack anything else but my pet atm because they are pulling back or something. Simply put in pvp, it's worth it to kill the warlocks pet no matter what the situation if you're trying to kill the warlock while it isn't always worth it to kill the hunters pet.

What they should have done is add a -4/6 sec rez component in mend pet. No need for talent redesign/add another talent etc. It would be accessible for all specs at level 82. Why they aren't gonna do it: they have a metric shit ton of stuff to fix first, then start to consider such "minor" things.

Quote Originally Posted by Rumbie View Post
    I think it's mainly because of the damage reduction warlocks get from their pets. Hunters have abilities that can keep themselves alive like deterrence FD and disengage, warlocks rely on that damage reduction from their pet, they do however have abilities like summoning portal and drain life but the pets damage reduction is the biggest thing. This is why in almost every 3v3 arena I see when they go for the warlock they always kill the pet first, when people try to kill me in pvp, they really only try to kill my pet if they catch it out of los of my healer and me AND they cant attack anything else but my pet atm because they are pulling back or something. Simply put in pvp, it's worth it to kill the warlocks pet no matter what the situation if you're trying to kill the warlock while it isn't always worth it to kill the hunters pet.
    The reason people kill Warlock pets in PvP has very little to do with the extra survivability it gives the Warlock and very much to do with the utility they provide, particularly a buff-eating, cast-interrupting felhound. At least, that's how it was pre-4.0.1. Not sure if their pet functionality has changed significantly since then. In BGs, I ignore all pets unless I want to annoy a Hunter.

I was very sad to see Imp Revive Pet gone from BM, as I found it an essential talent for BM PvP specs. If BM is ever going to be a serious arena spec, Hunters need a better way to get their pets back from the dead other than an 8-minute cooldown (which not all pets can even get). Though, with how terrible Hunters currently are in PvP, perhaps this is a bit low down on the list of things they need to fix for this class.

havent tried HOP

Alright well In my opinion either add imp revive pet to the BM tree maybe 2Nd tier so all hunters can benefit from this if they choose to, or make Heart of the Phoenix available to all pets when speccing them and make it a 2-3 minute cd, this would allow it to not be used a couple times in arena if the battle is long or they burn your pet pet etc etc And if you pet dies from a boss you have this option a couple times as well which is very nice.