Mining and Hardened Elementium Bar

Hey there!

So i just had a funny thought concerning the cataclysm Smelting skill that you get around 525ish . It is to make this item http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/53039/#...ll_createditem
    and there is an item in the game already with the exact same name that can be already done.. http://www.wowhead.com/item=17771/ha...elementium-bar
    is this a bug or perhaps something that might change; ie if i make the effort and stack the old ones, will they change in to the new ones? Also does this mean that making thunderfury becomes a lot easier if you happen to be able to grab both the bindings?

Just throwing this thought out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they'll just have two items with the same name, they woudn't covert the old one into the new one.

Smelt Elementium is the cataclysm one.
    Smelt Hardened Elementium is the one from Blackwing Lair. It used to be smelt Elementium, but they changed it to free up the name for cata.

It's only bugged on wowhead.

A miner who had the old recipe from BWL now smelts hardened elementium bars.

All previous quests/items that required Elementium ore/bars now require Elementium Ingots (formerly ore) or Hardened Elementium bars (formerly Elementium bars)

This includes thunderfury. You still need to farm all the same made you used to farm, the name of the bars has just changed.
    Likewise the for 10 Elementium ore you used to need for the AQ chain, you now need 10 Elementium Ingots.
    Last edited by Cernunnos; 2010-11-09 at 08:59 AM.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Ah, figures. Way to go with using old names over and over blizz. Anyway, good to know its a wowhead bug.

still stoopid imo.

/thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelol View Post
    Ah, figures. Way to go with using old names over and over blizz. Anyway, good to know its a wowhead bug.

still stoopid imo.

/thread.
    They reused Obsidian shards too. We farmed that in AQ 40. Now we are farming it again. Essentially the two top end mats of Vanilla have returned in cata. Since cata takes place in the same contient as vanilla (EK and Kalimdor) guess it makes sense. In a way.
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Deleted
    The old things are now named Elementium Ingot(the ore) and Hardened Elementium Bar
    The new ones are named Elementium Ore and Elementium Bar,and they are both of Uncommon Quality

I think it's a cool name. Glad they are using it again.

Though it does sound a lot like "Eternium" which was a BC ore (and totally useless now unlike many older mats).

According to cata.wowhead.com Smelt Elementium and Smelt Hardened Elementium is the new Cataclysm materials.

Thats also fits with what i have seen in the beta atm.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.