Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    You can't blame Blizzard for this. I think Blizzard is to busy with Starcraft + Wow and that Activision keeps doing COD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by quiz View Post
    You can't blame Blizzard for this. I think Blizzard is to busy with Starcraft + Wow and that Activision keeps doing COD.
    They make 5 million + a day from mere subscriptions from wow... and they're busy from making patch with actual content every 4 months?

10+ Year Old Account
    If you wana blame anyone blame Treyarch for their poor performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Thallidomaniac View Post
    Could you define which FPSes aren't "generic"?

Bioshock / System Shock / Fallout

---------- Post added 2010-11-15 at 01:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by quiz View Post
    Sorry, doesn't work that way. It's the same reason why you can't blame Activision for shitting all over WoW in recent years. You blame the company, Activision Blizzard, as a whole, or you don't blame anyone.

Though Bobby IS a dick.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

Quote Originally Posted by Elementium View Post
    Timesplitters. R.I.P.

I'd say that when the Covenant guns are being used Halo is slightly less generic. Also Living Dead is an amazing game. The only issue with Halo"Reach is the levels made by Bungie are just parts of campaign levels.. and the rest are Forge made levels in which most have some pretty crappy camping spots.. and Big Team Battle isn't as fun as it used too be.. once again they need to make levels out of forge for multiplayer.
    Truly R.I.P.
    I LOVED those games, super fun multiplayer
    CPU: I7 920 Ram: 6 GB Corsair Dominator GT
    GFX: GTX 295 MB: Gigabyte X58A-UD3R
    HD: 40 GB Intel SSD & 1 TB Caviar Black
    Others: Chip PS2 - PS3 Slim - Xbox 360 Slim - Wii - PSP 2000

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    I recall huge downtimes and I logged in a few days ago and achievements were disabled and you couldn't gain achievements. And they fixed the downtime issues at strt (they lasted for weeks) so that anyone could play as trial for eternity. And I remember that I couldn't even play online during that time.
    I played the first week almost non-stop with no issues? Played campaign(Getting most achs) and lots of Multiplayer.

Achievements being disabled means you got Disconnected. Maybe it was your internet and not their issue?

They make 5 million + a day from mere subscriptions from wow... and they're busy from making patch with actual content every 4 months?
    Hey look! Someone doesn't know what net gain and profit is!

Also, we get content patches for free.

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I played the first week almost non-stop with no issues? Played campaign(Getting most achs) and lots of Multiplayer.

Achievements being disabled means you got Disconnected. Maybe it was your internet and not their issue?

Nothing is free. $14.99 a month is for maintenance and new content not just to play the game.

Deleted

well from what I know they use 100 000 in server maintenance a day where as they make 5 million + a day. I doubt designing a new raid every 3-5 months drains much of that and well.. the rest is probably done by a medicore programmer changing class balance to make people more interested by simply making them think something's happening. Like you.

And content patches for free? You're seriously worse than average valve brainwashed steam community member.

I have had CoD since day 1 and had issues the first few hours, but haven't had any since. If you game is laggy get a new computer imo

Activision was the Publisher. Treyarch was the game's Developer.

Yell at them.
    The past is gone, now is all there is.

Enjoy reading reviews on video games and other fun stuff? Check out my site Updated when I have time!
    http://snipersedge.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by Specops View Post
    A FPS that isnt generic is any FPS that is not generic. Joking aside, a non-generic FPS is one that isn't a "space marine or realistic war shooter made after 2006", as my friend puts it (e.g. TF2, CSS, HL (any), L4D 1 & 2 and DoDS). Battlefield, MoH, CoD, Halo, GoW, etc. may be fun, but do nothing new.
    GoW isnt a fps :P.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle View Post
    Frost has been the leveling spec of choice since....forever. The people laughing at you are wrath babies and should be treated the same way David Hasslehoff treats his body: with no respect.

Quote Originally Posted by KidCracken View Post
    Vivendi owned Blizzard.. Vivendi merged with Activision and called the company Activision Blizzard.. Blizzard is still Blizzard..
    Some people say that Blizzard is still Blizzard. But could you say that a game developed by Treyarch, was suffering from lag and bugs as a direct result of a company that hasn't had anything to do with even developing said game? Namely Blizzard?

Look at the post again, It was me thinking like him, and trying to reveal the secret to all of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Respen
    I was very disappointed in the screenshots. I usually base my entire gaming experience around ground textures and so far it seems like Cata will be totally unplayable.

15+ Year Old Account
    well from what I know they use 100 000 in server maintenance a day where as they make 5 million + a day. I doubt designing a new raid every 3-5 months drains much of that and well.. the rest is probably done by a medicore programmer changing class balance to make people more interested by simply making them think something's happening. Like you.

And content patches for free? You're seriously worse than average valve brainwashed steam community member.
    1) You're right, employee's don't need to be paid! And those servers that are bigger than the US health care's servers only cost 100k$!

2) You know what 15$ a month gives you? Rights to playing the game. No, really, that's it.

You don't pay for maintenance, you don't pay for Content, you don't pay for Patches.
    They could stop any of those at any time legally. You didn't pay for it. As long as you can be on the servers, you got what you paid for.

1) You're right, employee's don't need to be paid! And those servers that are bigger than the US health care's servers only cost 100k$!

2) You know what 15$ a month gives you? Rights to playing the game. No, really, that's it.

You don't pay for maintenance, you don't pay for Content, you don't pay for Patches.
    They could stop any of those at any time legally. You didn't pay for it. As long as you can be on the servers, you got what you paid for.
    My 15$ a month as well as everyone else's 15$ a month pays for point #1

As for point #2, who would pay 15$ a month to not have stable servers, or new content? Do the "Rights to play the game" not include playing the new content? Would you pay 15 bucks a month to play the same thing over and over and over again?

We do pay for the content, as a WHOLE, all 12 mil+ subscribers pay the people who create the content, as well as maintain the servers. If we were not paying a sub, I highly doubt we'd see any new content as often as we do.

Deleted

It would seem that your stupidity knows no bounds.

Seam, please... just stop posting.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've had server problems with every game I've played that's online. Your point? Yea, Black Ops is pretty bad, but the entire CoD series has been plagued with shitty servers (dedicated servers would fix this easily, sigh). I fail to see why so many people are complaining about Black Ops having crappy servers...what did you expect? Treyarch (who isn't that good) to all of a sudden make the game perfect?
    Last edited by Shamslam; 2010-11-18 at 10:13 AM.
    I once had a character named "Clamslam" but Blizzard deemed it inappropriate.
    Retired from WoW: February 19, 2011. It was fun Blizz.