Deleted

Cool Is there a new Meta? (4.0.1-4.0.X)

Arcane Mage only

Hi everyone am new to these forums so I'll try and keep this short I have done some number crunching and I am still at a loss so would like to see what the mage comunity here think of this.

As am sure you are all familar with this first one Chaotic Skyflare Diamond now this as most of you know has been the meta of choice for most casters and in my time using it, it has always been kind to me but now that the way a mage now works with mastery and such is Ember Skyflare Diamond better?

Now i will explain my reasoning now ^^

Ok first off now am not sure if anyone else here has tried but Interlect to Spell Power dose not seem to be 1:1 as quoted in most places I have read but it is more like 1:1.15.

Now with that in mind that means you get 24.15sp from 21 Interlect so if you calculate that into dps the extra spell power just from the Interlect will give you a 120dps (approximately) increase now I know that dose not sound like a lot but compared to the 3% crit damage which will not be up 100% say you crit for 50k you will only get 1.5k extra from this gem and this is only when you crit so say that crit was arcane blast as don't think now in live any others can crit that high at the moment and unless you have 1k+ haste am estimating your cast time for it is 1.5sec+ so that is 1k extra damage when you crit per second and only when you crit not a constant 120dps.

Now for the ember you see now as a arcane mage with the help of mastery the more mana you have in % the more damage you do so the 21 extra int you are getting from the gem means you can cast more arcane blasts at higher % of mana and the 2% extra mana from the gem too depending on your mana pool can be between 500-1000 more mana now with all that in mind you will be spending more time at max or a high % of mana meaning from mastery you will be doing more damage now from what I can work out this now far out weighs the 3% extra crit damage but I am still at loss for a actual yes it is or no its not so here it is guys what do you think.

Now you may be reading that thinking I still think the other one is better and you may be right this is why am putting this post on just to get an idea of what the comunity thinks dont flame be kind.

Peace out

Althire

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. good points. Esp for Arc.

Swizzle math?

This was covered on EJ's forums. The outcome was that CSD is still better.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t106141-...ted_4_01_a/p4/

Deleted
    Thank you for your replies i had looked on EJ before posting here but never found that bit must of missed it lol well at least i found what i was looking for and guess i been running wrong meta for a raid or two oops lol well HC icc tonight so should be fun will be going back to CSD now for meta i think

Thanks again for the link

Althire