Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nest View Post
    Except that Feral isn't a "dot spec".
    Nuh-uh hasn't been a valid answer since 1st grade.Do you have any backing for your claim or not?

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    how is feral not a dot spec when the majority of there dmg comes from dots?
    I'm 90% sure blizz doesn't want the majorety of feral's dmg to come from dots.

Dot spec= you have different dots that you cast on enemies. The only specs that fits into that category is affli and shadow. Seriously, just use common sense. Ask anyone. Is feral a DOT spec? No, it isn't.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post

Dot spec= you have different dots that you cast on enemies. The only specs that fits into that category is affli and shadow. Seriously, just use common sense. Ask anyone. Is feral a DOT spec? No, it isn't.
    and why is feral mastery an increase in dot damage if blizz doesn't want ferals to be a dot class? ferals do have 3 dots (okay one only from stealth). which are not automaticly refreshed (rip is but only below 25%). from my point of view this makes feral more of a dot spec then affliction...
    Last edited by Mela; 2010-11-09 at 02:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chad warden View Post

look at the mastery of the afflic warlock
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77215

and now the mastery of feral druids
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77493

it has been said that mastery is the stat to make you better at what you do. for warlocks potent affliction makes your dots stronger and for feral druids razor claws makes there dots stronger. so all in all both are dot specs
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I hear people say bring War back to World of Warcraft, well how about bringing World back to World of Warcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Mela View Post
    would you please define dot spec for me then. because i always thought dot spec means the greatest part of your damage comes from dots...
    and btw i bet you cast more SB then dots in a pve environment.
    I'm not sure if you read the thread properly but that was exactly the guy's point. Warlocks have always been a debuffing class, with dot spells. Affliction is the warlock talent tree that focuses on that part of the warlock's spell book. But STILL, our dots are pretty weak. This is the complaint that he is making.

Cat dps has always been similar to a rogues, but focusing more on big yellows and high crit chance than on buffing passives (white attacks/poisons). Nobody is arguing that ferals don't do a lot of damage over time, but its not the specific theme of the talent tree, which is the case for affliction warlocks. If most of your damage was redirected away from your dots and into shred and fb, I don't think there would be many complaints about low rip damage.

Quote Originally Posted by PlatedPriest View Post
    look at the mastery of the afflic warlock
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77215

and now the mastery of feral druids
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=77493

it has been said that mastery is the stat to make you better at what you do. for warlocks potent affliction makes your dots stronger and for feral druids razor claws makes there dots stronger. so all in all both are dot specs
    Bleeds are a large part of feral, bigger then it is for arms warriors for example, thats why. But whatever you can call feral a dot spec, im sure many people would call you stupid then. But if feral is a Dot spec or not isn't really the point here.

Feral uses a combination of dots and other melee attacks to do damage.. We're not purely a dot spec, because you *can* do damage without dots, though it would be pitiful. We also can't purely use dots, as our other attacks do more damage with the dots, or make our dots do more damage.

We're a bit like affliction locks.. Heavy use of dots (bleeds), coupled with some 'filler spam' (shred) while dots tick down and then need to be re-applied. When you think of a feral cat, you think of their bleed damage, and mangle. Does that make us a dot class? Probably.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    i just wanted to disprove the OPs statement that ferals are no dot class and thus are not entiteled to have high ticking dots.

patch 4.0.1 changed many things for feral cats. the direct damage abilitys where nerfed by at least 50% (shred from over 20K to slightly over 10k and ferocious bite from 40k to roughly 16K in ICC) while dots got quite a buff.

so feral has 2 dots that hit harder while locks have 3 dots that hit a bit weaker. But in the end every well played affliction warlock should beat a feral in dps questions right now.

I do play a warlock, too. an i can remember the times where we drain-tanked through 2 melee dps hacking away on you. yes it was fun. but being honest, it was just rediculously OP.

Blizz changed the game with 4.0. you will have to adapt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BuNNyRespawned View Post
    I love Affliction, and will never go Destruction.

Mainly because I don't like Mages.
    While both classes use fire, I think the Warlock attitude is better. The other day I also tried to explain the current destro rotation to a long time mage that just got their first warlock to 80. They basically went "holy hell, **** that" and went back to their Mage.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

You can't deny the fact that affli locks are ridiculously bad atm, at least in PvP. We was pretty balanced before the patch. But anyway it dont care how good we are. I just think that affli lock gameplay was A LOT more fun in TBC. Maybe doting up endless mobs and always staying at full hp and mana was OP, Maybe SL/SL was op (not affliction), but seriously the whole spec was just a lot more fun back then. In TBC, thats how we should be. People who think its more fun now shouldn't be playing affli. you should be playing SP. Because thats what we have become. A weak SP.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoBytom View Post
    Corruption, Agony, Haunt, Unstable Affliction dealing dmg. (that is only 1 less than you sad you miss). Add Elements to it and you have 5 dots on target. Plus there are a bonuses from Haunt and SB you should keep a track too.
    First of all, only one curse per warlock is allowed. For affliction, the curse of choice is Agony, as more DoT's = each DoT doing more damage.

Second, Haunt is not a DoT. It is a direct damage/delayed heal spell that enhances other DoT's.

Third, Siphon Life was a DoT separate from Corruption. UA and Immolate were not mutually exclusive pre 3.1.

Total DoTs pre 3.1 = Corruption, UA, CoA, Immolate, Siphon Life = 5
    Total DoTs post 3.1 = Corruption, UA, CoA = 3

OP was talking about how ridiculously awesome it was to juggle 5 DoT's, Haunt, Shadow's Embrace and do awesome damage because we totally deserved it.
    Last edited by Stannislaus; 2010-11-09 at 03:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

1 more thing: Atm rogues and warriors are doing more healing then affli locks, even if you don't count victory rush healing. With glyph and field dressing you can heal 34% of your hp each time you use victory rush. Even now that is completely ridiculous. Imagine this with the huge cata health pools.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoots View Post
    While both classes use fire, I think the Warlock attitude is better. The other day I also tried to explain the current destro rotation to a long time mage that just got their first warlock to 80. They basically went "holy hell, **** that" and went back to their Mage.
    I haven't played since May, but if the current destro rotation is anything like it was back then, all I have to say is LOL. Destro is stupidly easy compared to aff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk_Fogg
    But don't worry guys... you're not going to Space Camp but at least you've got those remote control trucks and your confidence.
    Quote Originally Posted by Olmec
    The player that conquers the most countries in sixty seconds, wins!

not gonna lie i was crying in my bed at 4.0 for my lock. i rolled a lock like a month before 4.0 got it to 71 the whole way thru as affliction and loved every minute due to the self healing it was great. come 4.0 i tried pulling a shit ton of mobs with siphon life and i got butt fucked. i asked around and people were lke ya its dead for leveling ur mana is a problem too (also what i noticed) they all told me to go demo and kill things in 2 hits, and sadly they were right demo is fun as shit to level up but i miss my affliction days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stannislaus View Post
    I haven't played since May, but if the current destro rotation is anything like it was back then, all I have to say is LOL. Destro is stupidly easy compared to aff.
    I quite enjoy affliction myself, but the complexity has flipped with the addition of Soulburn and the soulshard mechanic change in 4.0.1 (which destro uses at 80, whereas affliction doesn't). I'm not saying Destro is difficult by any stretch, but Affliction feels simpler now than Destro these days either way. As I'm not in the Beta, I can't really comment on the rotations at 85.

The stars sweep chill currents that make men shiver in the dark...

Deleted
    I levelled in affliction, drain tanking my way to 80 and I've never had so much fun levelling any other class. Was looking forward to levelling in Cataclysm until Affliction got hit with the nerf bat. It's a real shame what they did in 4.0

15+ Year Old Account
    Everything is fine, just not so OP as it was before. You can still tab-dot at 85 in epics, you can still tab dot while leveling. The nerf just means that if you don't like tab-dot, you don't have to go that way to feel like you're leveling "Correctly"

And affliction will do superior damage in most raid fights at 85

R.I.P. YARG

Affli locks wasn't OP pre 4.0.(maybe in TBC, but that was just SL/SL) We're super nerfed in PvP now. And since SL can't outheal dmg from mobs anymore, i seriously doubt you can DOTDOTDOT all mobs in sight and survive.

But the point here is that i really miss the gameplay of affli locks in TBC. So much fun with all the dots, Siphon life, good healing etc.. now it's all gone

Makes me wonder why they nerfed affli healing so hard and still warriors can heal 34% hp with victory rush. The class that wasn't even supposed to have healing.
    Last edited by Chad warden; 2010-11-09 at 05:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Curious about 2 things

1.) I have seen a Affliction locks using there "Hookers" instead of Fel-Hunter, I thought the doggy was better then the hooker for raids? and the hooker is Best for PVP

2.)I thought "Curse of Exhaustion" was only reliable for soloing, not in a raid

15+ Year Old Account
    Succubus does more dps if you can't afford Dark Arts (currently)
    Curse of Exhaustion is useful everywhere - I used to use it to kite zombies on Gluth. You just couldn't afford to take it until now.

R.I.P. YARG