Death Knights, Runes, and the Cataclysm.

So with the cataclysm every class gains all new special abilities, armor, updated professions, etc. But what about Death Knight runeforging? Does Blizzard have any plan to update this? I haven't seen anything so far so I figured that I would make a post about it. I think it would be cool to at least update the visual effects of some of the runes that we have now to get them up to the visual level of the new enchants in Cataclysm, if not add a completely new tier of runes altogether.

They have mentioned a couple times in the past that they would like to keep runeforging competetive with regular enchants, but no new info in a while. Fallen crusader scales well thanks to being % based, but I would like to see some new forges if for no other reason than big flashy new particle effects.

yeah would be nice to see some new ones but the basics are already covered, not really sure what else there could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Anoregon View Post
    They have mentioned a couple times in the past that they would like to keep runeforging competetive with regular enchants, but no new info in a while. Fallen crusader scales well thanks to being % based, but I would like to see some new forges if for no other reason than big flashy new particle effects.
    Yeah I would prefer new runes over a visual update as well, but at the least they should give us some better visuals (not necessarily flashy and over the top, just better looking).

15+ Year Old Account
    The only thing i see coming with our runeforging are nerfs.
    No, this is not QQ, but since runeforging scales with your gear and endgame tiers have shitload of stats, they might end up too high or something.

Doubt we get any new ones in Cata, or at least nothing we end up actually using. What could beat a 15% Str proc? Or additional Stamina and Armor?

They can't even be bothered to give us interesting new lvl 85 abilities. They haven't yet listened to the beta feedback that points out that they've managed to turn Frost from an engaging spec into a 3.0 Ret Pally Faceroll spec that is boring beyond belief. No...No I don't think we'll see a runeforge update or anything else for that matter until at least 4.1 if not longer than that (once they see the class practically disappear from all servers). They've already said they haven't had that many testing in the Beta.