OP lock at 29! :)

So my Lock has been stagnant for months now sitting at around 26-27 . I could not get him over that hump into 32/33 were you could start the Drain Life spec. QQ I know right? So here comes a new patch and I am like what the hell I should give him another shot and maybe things have changed. I rock out my Demo spec (That was what i was prior to the patch) and having the awesome Demon from the git-go was pretty neat but horrible in pvp (Mind you I have leveled so many characters up to 80 at this point I am lacking an 80 Lock/Mage/Druid, ie: so pvp is fun instead of questing). So PVP as demo sucked, I had decent health but over all I couldn't kill a whole lot of people and my demon died to fast to be useful.

BOOM I respec and rock out a very early combo build of Affliction!

I get:

3 | 3 | 3
    0 | 2 | 2
    1 | 0 | 0

Grabbing Curse of Exhaustion. Now with Unstable Affliction with Spellpower draining by itself for about 1200-1300 total, Bane of Agony for 600-700, Curse of Exhaustion and the other dot nothing can live. If you get all 3 dot's up the person is guaranteed to die unless they are a healer. Curse of Exhaustion helped me so much just based that the only classes at the level that can do considerable amounts of burst damage are Warriors/Paladins and if anyone tries to Dispell your Unstable Affliction it will 1 shot them.

All I have to say is.. Does it stay this good once you get higher level or does it even out? And I have seen a lot of people dissing on Affliction but is there anything better? Because in PVE right now I can run into groups of mobs and dot everything up and kill it all with little to no downtime.

Just curious for some insight into the lock class, thank you for reading my wall-o-text.

Deleted
    As if it really matters in battlegrounds.

Btw, cool story bro

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nieronoid View Post

Btw, cool story bro
    Why did you decide to post this? Tried to be funny? Wanted up to your post count?

It definitely evens out, but only to the extent of "survivable DoTs" when your opponent is wearing PvP gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Why did you decide to post this? Tried to be funny? Wanted up to your post count?
    Some of the kids have to feel cool somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post

It definitely evens out, but only to the extent of "survivable DoTs" when your opponent is wearing PvP gear.
    Why get so upset over someone saying the obvious? was semi pointless and posted already...

Quote Originally Posted by Nieronoid View Post
    Your a idiot, be gone troll.

Yes, it definately does even out. Rogues and feral druids are going to ruin your day but locks really excell at BG's all the way to 80. Get comfy with a play style and pown with it.

After the patch, all the specs are workable in BGs, but nothing like how you are describing.

Affliction is harder to be good with than it used to be because the dots are fairly weak now, fear takes longer to cast cause the set bonuses are for demonic circle now, and even if you get the fear train rolling, it breaks a lot easier. And then they kinda killed siphon life. But you still have some good control and jinx in BGs is fantastic, and soul swap can be pretty good to apply pressure.

Demo is really fun to play in BGs now. Root with HoG, axe toss stun, aura effect stun, brostorm with nukes. Really good anti-melee spec, especially rogues cause you can hellfire while moving to break them out of stealth. And plus HoG hits like a truck, you get meta form, and if you get counterspelled out of one school you still have the other. Downside is long cast times, comparitively, and getting conterspelled during a HoG will screw you, and being petless will decrease your pressure by a lot. With the broken pet health thing when dismouting, being petless happens far too often also. And be careful if you pop meta around another lock, or a pally who remembers that he has turn evil.

Destro is pretty close to how it used to be, tons of quick burst, and the imp singe thing can be helpful, but I would still primarily run with felpuppy for silences. Control is decent, but not as fluid as the other specs for me. Nether protection can be nice, but against a good mage it will be spellstolen and boom, they are now more resistant to your spells. Downside is that immolate needs to be up to make everything work the best, and if there is a good dispeller around, it will be removed fairly quickly cause dispels are so cheap, and all the primary spells are one school.

Most DKs, warrs and frost mages will own you at 80.
    Last edited by Meejum; 2010-11-09 at 05:21 PM.

Deleted
    Very informative post there Meejum! Glad a looked in this thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Meejum View Post
    Demo is really fun to play in BGs now. Root with HoG, axe toss stun, aura effect stun, brostorm with nukes. Really good anti-melee spec, especially rogues cause you can hellfire while moving to break them out of stealth. And plus HoG hits like a truck, you get meta form, and if you get counterspelled out of one school you still have the other. Downside is long cast times, comparitively, and getting conterspelled during a HoG will screw you, and being petless will decrease your pressure by a lot. With the broken pet health thing when dismouting, being petless happens far too often also. And be careful if you pop meta around another lock, or a pally who remembers that he has turn evil.
    True but remember that hand of guldan getting counterspelled will lock both ur shadow and firespells, and OP is talking bout low lvl, not 80.