Overpopulation vs Overconfidence

Hi!

I play alliance on a horde-dominated server. Last night around 5 pm Ironforge was raided by 6 horde players, who successfully killed king Magni. There were two other alliance in Ironforge. We attempted to help the king but were promptly killed and corpse camped afterwards, in our own city!

(After camping us for a few minutes the warlock in their party summoned in some level 40s to help them teabag us...)

At first I was thinking "wow, these guys are way too overconfident to think they can run into a major alliance city with 6 players and kill king magi" but they did. Being massacred in Wintergrasp battle after battle, barely having enough people on the sever to do 25 ICC, let alone get past the first 5 bosses.

I see Horde flying around in Dalaran with their Blood-bathed Frostbrood Vanquishers, and then I think about how there are 3 alliance on my server who have killed the Lich King, and they're all server transfers.

I guess I have to face the facts that I'll never get the Kingslayer title, or kill the frost dude in VoA, don't even mention Ruby Sanctum, no one alliance side has killed Halyon yet.

Seems to be a very shit server.

Just mentioning this server because it's one I have experience with. But look up Elune alliance, it's the dominant faction on that server. Please spend less than 2 months subscription cost to go to a server that you can enjoy and get your money's worth out of.

Deleted
    Surely a server transfer or a reroll is in order.

It's US Blood Furnace

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 10:42 AM ----------

the thing is, I have over a dozen RL friends that play on Blood Furnace, and if I left they'd all be mad at me because they don't have the money.

Reroll somewhere else. Keep your current toon on Blood Furnace to play with your friends. Have your new main somewhere where you can actually do something, since by the sound of things your current one isn't going to rise above "shitty alt level" anyway.

I've only ever played on underdog factions/servers (blackrock alliance atm) and

1) I can't condone leaving for that reason because then the problem only gets worse for everyone else, and
    2) why would you want to???

Run a few bgs, get your full wrathful set, and then just hit up Hodir dailies, WG in session and out, Rivers Heart, Amphitheater of Anguish (that arena in Zul'Drak) Make your name a legend whispered only in the darkest taverns of Ogrimmar. By my experience the overpopulated faction gets overconfident, sloppy and lazy, only rarely seeing a few ambitions alliance still bearing the standard. PvP's never more exhilarating than when it's you against the world. Get creative, find your niche. If you're a caster/ranged, the wall above the WG quartermaster is your best friend. If you're melee, get to know the Hibernal Cavern west of Dun Niffelem. Get in the minds of your enemy. After a few kills they'll group up and come for you. But move on to the next spot. 3 horde flare spamming tunnels when you're already away stunlocking the healer of an arena of anguish group is a victory for you.

As for pve: the complaint I'm hearing the most these days is the content's too easy, overdone, obsolete. You sound privileged by circumstance in the sense that completing content's still a worthy accomplishment for you.

Stick it out, aggressively recruit to your guilds, try to generate some faction pride next time the horde come knocking.

Also, I'm not the only thrill-seeker more interested in a challenge than a victory. The official wow realm and pvp forums are your best friend for resurrecting a dead server.

Advertise!

TLDR: real men transfer ally.

Quote Originally Posted by zelamonster View Post
    Reroll somewhere else. Keep your current toon on Blood Furnace to play with your friends. Have your new main somewhere where you can actually do something, since by the sound of things your current one isn't going to rise above "shitty alt level" anyway.
    Do this or re-roll horde so you can share account bound items. Enjoy the spoils of the horde and still play with friends.
    - Nom Nom

You really really need to change servers. I know that your irl friends will be mad but... you can still see them irl! Don't make yourself suffer, it's your sub, don't cheat yourself out of the game. If they are REALLY your friends, they will still be your friends and they will transfer when they get the money.
    Personal site: http://fuh-q.com
    My Kitteh's personal site: http://kitteh.in

15+ Year Old Account
    this is just a whine thread in disguise. yes, imbalance sucks but if you're not happy, just find another server or hell, have you and your friends reroll together to a better server in cata and level as a group in dungeon finder.

10+ Year Old Account
    This sounds even worse than Silvermoon-EU Horde. O_o

Here’s the thing about not having the $$ to transfer or race change.

If you don’t have $25 in disposable discretionary income. Then you are playing this game too much anyway. You need to make some changes to your life outside the game.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by etsumii View Post
    This sounds even worse than Silvermoon-EU Horde. O_o
    That travesty of a server is a taboo topic :/

playing on a out numbered server feels good man =D

us-chogall