Discrepancies that I'd like to get cleared up

First let me post stating that the character in question is Squishyboots on Trollbane, please take a look if you have a moment.

1. Consider's EJ Post states:

• Dual Wield
    • Hit to cap >= Expertise to cap > Strength > Mastery > Haste > Crit > Agility > Hit to spell cap
    • I have noticed that a lot of players are only going to the 8% hit soft cap and not really worrying too much about expertise... my question is should I really be putting so much effort into 27% hit cap and 26% expertise cap? Or should I be focusing those gems on 20str?

2. Dual wield frost:

• I have been using a gutbuster and bone warden's splitter... a 2.6/1.5 setup. Should I be using 2.6/2.6?
    • EJ's post doesn't not specify the need for a slow offhand but I feel like obliterate would be doing a lot more damage and that's one of our primary dps abilities.

I apologize in advance for any ignorance made on my part, I've been trying to get all my ducks in a row since I primarily tank.

Thanks for any and all help!

No, you should not be putting effort into hitting the 27% hit cap. Also, the Dodge cap for expertise is 26 expertise skill (currently a Cata adjustment has it at 23, but it will be 26 again at 85), not rating or percent. And yes, a higher damage, slower offhand would be ideal.
    Beta Club Brosquad

so focusing on 8% hit cap and 26 expertise will suffice?

thank you for the response.

From what I remember, EJ means hit the soft cap of 8% for special attacks. And currently at lvl 80, only 23 expertise is needed.

Also, I believe 2 slow 1hers are better seeing as that gives you bigger numbers from ToT and you're consistently using either Oblit or FS

that's the best news I've heard all day, i think my guy's hit is currently at 27% and expertise is at 26% lol, i can refocus all of that hit to str and mastery

---------- Post added 2010-11-09 at 11:07 AM ----------

thanks again everyone for clearing this up for me, I'll try to grind out some honor and pick up a pvp weapon.

Hey, I just took a look at your character.
    Your ratings are fine (you can even try to lower your expertise a bit) but i suggest that you change all your 10str/10crit orange gems into 10str/10haste which is way better since DW frost does not need additional crit.

As you said, you can reforge your entire gear into mastery : try to reforge the stat which has the biggest value (crit most of the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Recom View Post
    Hey, I just took a look at your character.
    Your ratings are fine (you can even try to lower your expertise a bit) but i suggest that you change all your 10str/10crit orange gems into 10str/10haste which is way better since DW frost does not need additional crit.

As you said, you can reforge your entire gear into mastery : try to reforge the stat which has the biggest value (crit most of the time).
    I did and picked up a pvp offhand today, my dps on a hero dummy is now 7500!

What does that equate to in terms of raid dps? Will I see numbers in excess over 10k?