Starting rested @ cataclysm release?

so i heard lots of rumors if/how its possible to be rested when cata hits, some say dont log in on your char the days before the release, some say its not possible or completely rng.
    Did anyone try some of the things for the wotlk release and post some valuable feedback?

Deleted
    you should not have rested. If you do its a bug.

As far as I know, you need an active exp bar, to earn rested exp. Right now at max level, we no longer have an exp bar to start turning blue. Rested exp should not be possible.

If you upgrade your account, log out in an inn, and wait 2 weeks after December 7th...

Why would you want to rush through new content anyways? I mean, damn, we've been playing the same stuff for two years now. I am going to enjoy the leveling experience the first time through. It is the 4th, 5th, 6th times through where I will want to rush, but not the first time.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maeleena View Post
    Why would you want to rush through new content anyways? I mean, damn, we've been playing the same stuff for two years now. I am going to enjoy the leveling experience the first time through. It is the 4th, 5th, 6th times through where I will want to rush, but not the first time.
    Why don't do it the other way around? Gonna rush first, so I'm ready when my guild needs me in the new content.
    After that I'm gonna check out the lore and quests with my 9 alts

Any leftover rested XP you may have had when you hit level 80 should still be there when Cata releases, no new rested would have accumulated since though. This has at lest been true for past expansions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthmael View Post
    you should not have rested. If you do its a bug.
    Lol ? random comment is random ? You are rested from 80 to 82 1/4

10+ Year Old Account
    For a while on he beta(when I last leveled on it) everyone had 1 1/2 levels of rested so that they could get more ppl testing uldum and TH quicker. I don't expect that to go live, it was for testing purposes only.

Starting rested @ cataclysm release?

No. Its not gonna happen
    "Blizzard is not incompetent or stupid and they are not intentionally screwing you over"

Get a character to 79 and wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    Would rested work with levels that arn't technically in game yet?
    Where I come from, fag means cigarette.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    This is something that might be posseble but not sure. For maximum usage you should be as close to 80 as you can though.

But im not sure if it will also count the next levels.

79,9 for even greater results

I've been playing since early vanilla and I didn't have any char rested at the release of any expansion (even though many of them still had rested experience left when they hit max lvl pre-release).

So no, I don't expect any rested experience at Cataclysm release.

And I just don't understand all the people that say otherwise here