Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    im affraid ppl have gotten to damn lazy to get rid of their flying mounts ~~
    Soon they are going to ask for teleports to each zone

And yes i do agree that flying mounts killed part of the game, especially world pvp

You're the reason why guards in starting areas will be lvl 90
    Your lack of logic stuns me...
    What flying mounts ahve to do with guards in starting zones being 90...

He is talking about world pvp not lowbie ganking
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2010-11-09 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Athor View Post
    As we all know, flying mounts have taken alot away from this game, with absolutly no gain apart from lol look im riding a dragon, (this is why 12 years olds arent allowed to vote).

So i know blizzard will prolly never admit that riding mounts have ruined so many aspects of the game that the majoirty of players enjoyed, so they will never fully remove them, but how to get them to reduce there uses?

I mean 90% of the world will only be touched by levels 1-59, after that its fly land, loot, fly land loot, you might as well just have a series of islands suspeneded in midair, there is no immersion in it whatsoever. I never understand what is wrong with lifts, to get to high places, and flightmasters to get you across the world quick, obviously they needed a gimmik for tbc, and they thought flying mounts, but swimming in air is shit, theres no sense of even flying just omg i can move up down left right now.

So either we need, more arial mobs to attack you as you fly around, loads of areas that for once a week or something you can not fly cos deathwing will kill you.

And if you dont believe me that flying mounts ruined it, watch the video below, now imagine everyone there has a flyign mount, would it be epic, woudl the night elf running then jumping down bit by bit, is that more epic then just lol flight form up down left right ok im at bottom of lake, loot mob, up up up top of cliff again. Wheres the sense of being in a world with rivers and mountains when you fly over it? Now imagina the dwarf just flys over the top of the tauren, that the undead warlcok doesnt scale the tower, he just flys up to the top of it and lands, i mean come on.......... Would lord of the rings been a better film if all frodo had to do was sit on a dragon fly straight to the mountain and drop the ring in, obvioulsy not. Would the warcraft movie have everyone on flying mounts, no they wont.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlVSJ...eature=channel
    Everything is easier with a flying mount. Please watch the link below for proof. I don't know why the bird is blind folded though....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU

Enjoy.

Precisely, how stupid is that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think someone is confusing nostalgia and flying mounts here.. Wonders who.. maybe the OP?

Deleted
    Without flying mounts, there would be less options for designing.

Tempest Keep would need a bloody ramp to get to. A lot of areas are only accessible through flying mounts. If you don't like them, don't use them, it's as simple as that.

EDIT: Also, there was nothing worse than those horrible cracks in the ground in Vanilla.

Second edit: Flying mounts are ment as a means of transport, not as a war mount. If you fly into battle on something that's easily hurt, you're much more likely to crash to your death than even getting near your enemy. Which is why they're not that used in lore.
    Last edited by mmocad36d6f61e; 2010-11-09 at 04:48 PM.

Flying mounts are here to stay, dont like them? then dont ride them

/thread

Quote Originally Posted by Morte View Post
    Your base argument seems to be "flying mounts spoil the immersion"...... yeah well two things on this...

1) Don't speak for others. If it spoils the immersion for you, don't use a mount - but don't tell others not to use theirs.

2) Actually I think an opposing argument can be raised that in a supposed "huge" game world having and using flying mounts actually INCREASES the immersion factor. I know I fully enjoy flying around on my epic mounts a great deal, and in Direct X 11 with 60+ FPS (on ultra) zones like Icecrown and Grizzly hills look stunning as you fly high above the snow covered mountains or over the forest of Grizzly Hills...

Totally makes the gameworld somehow seem more "epic" to me than just being on the ground.

FLightmasters achieve that, infact they do it better because you actually move like you are flying,

so for any things like 'lol have fun moving at 100% speed all day' im not saying remove flightmasters, what is wrong with just more flightmasters?

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Wheres the sense of being in a world with rivers and mountains when you fly over it?[/url]
    Pro Tip: Never Fly in an Airplane. The world we live in was blessed with an amazing landscape. Man invented airplanes so he could travel faster. Blizzard invented flying mounts so gamers could travel faster. I'm calling troll on this one...

10+ Year Old Account

And i'm glad some people understood why flying mounts spoil the immersion
    Yeah, what's with that! I mean, we totally should also get rid of ground mounts as well, It totally ruins it for me when people just ride past the scenery on their bears, they should be made to walk, totally better for immersion

/troll
    Quote Originally Posted by eternalwhitemoon View Post
    Why strive to be excellent, when being just mediocre still kills the boss?

Deleted
    quit the game , do us a favor @TE

So i know blizzard will probably* never admit that riding mounts have ruined so many aspects of the game that the majority* of players enjoyed
    Care to provide evidence to support that claim. Personally I hated being dazed by any mob in the zone when on foot, or on a ground mount. Jumping around on the terrain gets old after a while, and with a cartoon world like WoW, the epic exploring only goes so far. I am curious however as to all of these aspects that riding mounts seemed to have ruined, please feel free to name a few.
    Remember, you're unique... just like everyone else.

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ok, one of the best wow movies made is to me "Burning Crusade the movie" And if we didn't have access to flying then they couldn't have made the best part of that movie which starts at 08:00 and lasts till 08:45. Check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-vJdAYO0mw

Quote Originally Posted by Belian View Post
    I am not talking about lowbies, I am talking about level 80's doing daillies and ksing mobs that deserve to die, I don't give a f#ck about lowbies, kinda pathetic when a lvl 80 runs away. Hell, I would even like to gank members of my own faction, but there goes my World PvP, RiP Tarren Mill pvp and Black Rock mountain back in pre BC.
    They're not allowed to avoid time consuming pvp? They're not allowed to want to do their dailies without harassment so they can get to the fun stuff?

Sorry, different people are different. It's their prerogative to play how they want.

Besides, they couldn't run away on a ground mount also?

I think I'm going to spend more time flying than riding my normal mount simply to spite the OP.
    || Yuuzu - 85 Draenei Enh Shaman || Soulu - 85 Worgen Arms Warrior ||
    || Revii - 85 Draenei Blood DK || Convivia of <Bacchanalia> of Durotan US ||

The river flows outside of town/ Away from dirt, away from crowds/
    And if I could follow it to the sea/ I'd wash the sweat right off of me/
    So break my legs and weigh me down/ Throw me in, but I won't drown/
    I'll float away, go down the stream/ The river leads outside this city.

Million Dead - Carthagio Est Delenda

Deleted
    I know I fully enjoy flying around on my epic mounts a great deal, and in Direct X 11 with 60+ FPS (on ultra) zones like Icecrown and Grizzly hills look stunning as you fly high above the snow covered mountains or over the forest of Grizzly Hills...
    WoW has 0 DirectX 11 support - it has no tesselation, it has dismal multi-threading support and before anyone goes "but the water!!11" it has nothing to do with DX11. It looks exactly the same with 11 as it does with 9.

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    don't stop there. For immersion, you should also take 10 minutes to undo all the buttons and straps on your gear take it off, stuff it into a bag, and sometimes cut a hole through tha bag renderring it useless (come on, has to happen stuffing all that gear in a bag) and then redo all the straps and buttons when you put the new gear on.

And then when you fight a big troll, your gnome cannot wear teh gear it drops because it does not magically fit no matter who puts it on.

Mage robes should randomly catch on fire when they cast fireball. Mage should have to go pee in the middle of every thrid fight because of how much water they drink.

Your ground mount should tire and stop carrying you unless you stop regularly and let it rest and eat/drink.

When you die...you die, none if this reseurection... I think everyone would agree that it means nothing to be alive if you never really die...

Once a group kills a mob/boss..it never respawns...I mean how immersive is it to fight the same guy over and over and over...
    No you are right any form of immsersion is stupid and should be removed. You shuold just hit 85 with in 1 minute of creating character, go to mailbox find every item of gear in there, click teleport to dungeon click boss click do you want to kill boss, click yes, click accept new titles, click go pvp, click player, click do you want to kill player click yes. That would be an awesomely fast and effecient game.

Do

Your base argument seems to be "flying mounts spoil the immersion"...... yeah well two things on this...

1) Don't speak for others. If it spoils the immersion for you, don't use a mount - but don't tell others not to use theirs.

2) Actually I think an opposing argument can be raised that in a supposed "huge" game world having and using flying mounts actually INCREASES the immersion factor. I know I fully enjoy flying around on my epic mounts a great deal, and in Direct X 11 with 60+ FPS (on ultra) zones like Icecrown and Grizzly hills look stunning as you fly high above the snow covered mountains or over the forest of Grizzly Hills...
    1) For MMO aspect, immersion doesn't come from solo-play alone. 500+ people hanging at ulduar entrance with ZERO PvP going on was kinda lulz (after some dungeon reset/downtime). Vanilla would have been pretty different with instant dungeon teleports and people flying all around instead of traveling with classic means. WoW has evolved from realm communities to random matchmaking solomode game. Many other MMO's dissapointed me becouse worlds were so instanced, yet wow HAD real open world to travel in. That world is now gone..

2) from singleplayer pov, gotta agree that those views look good. Yet many quests are designed with ground mount in mind (even in northend).

I don't shoot myself to leg everytime I'm going to cosplay pirate. I'm not going to delete my 310's just becouse of immersion. I can still wear my pink eyepatch and mumble about good ol' times, yarrrr!
    "any type of person converting RL money into WoW is retarded by default." - Choppers
    "That makes all of WoW players retards, since we all pay our monthly fee." - Kenjji

Deleted
    No words can describe this fail.

Quote Originally Posted by smashzu View Post
    If you don't like flying mounts, don't use them.
    Wow this guy missed the point...really bad

OP: I agree with you 1000% at 1st the flying mounts were really cool, but....they just take away how big the world "feels" and has DESTROYED world pvp ( World PvP ---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQpu9YxIqc ) Just incase you didnt play in vanilla or TBC
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    how stupid are people these days, i mean really. these people that complain about flying mounts must not know how annoying it was to get around before flying mounts were even invented, and with dalaran/shat portals being taken away gives a very good reason to make flying available everywhere, sure you don't get to walk on all the new terrain, but you get to fly over it and look at it from a different angle. you think "everyone agrees with me, and if there were servers that didn't have flying mounts they would be more popular" well, you are incredibly wrong there, me, and everyone i know, love flying mounts. just for the simple fact, that it makes the most mundane part of the game, fast, and easy...going from one place to another to be exact.