So, will Realm First Primary Professions require level 84?

I read somewhere, that in order to get the past-510 recipes, you have to complete a quest to see a vendor which is phased in Twilight Highlands. Is that true, or did they change it so all trainers can teach you those recipes?

Nope, not changed. Gotta quest until you're at least 84 and can open up the appropriate area in Twilight Highlands.

Can you link to a proof? I believe you, it's just a guy I know from my previous raid group who doesn't believe unless there's some source.. :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't look like this affects Inscription or Alchemy (maybe some xmutes), and if it affects JC, its just the lvl 85 rings/necklaces.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BuNNyRespawned View Post
    Can you link to a proof? I believe you, it's just a guy I know from my previous raid group who doesn't believe unless there's some source.. :/
    This quest starts the quest chain and as you can see it requires level 84.

that quest from the look of it has nothing to do with professions so can we please get a conformation on if this is true or not? and if true for what professions it will work? as its been suggested that inscription alchemy and JC might not need to worry about it.
    i'd hate to hit 510 and then be stuck because i need to lvl my toon up

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamtail View Post
    that quest from the look of it has nothing to do with professions so can we please get a conformation on if this is true or not? and if true for what professions it will work? as its been suggested that inscription alchemy and JC might not need to worry about it.
    i'd hate to hit 510 and then be stuck because i need to lvl my toon up
    You need to complete that quest chain, because ALL OF THE NPCs are phased in that city. The whole City will be taken over by the horde once you complete the quest chain, until then you can't speak to any NPCs and the NPCs sell the recipes. It's that simple, what other confirmation do you need?

Engineering, Inscription, JC, Alchemy are not affected by this atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    <3 you Pete.
    100 Rogue | 100 Priest | 93 Monk | 91 Druid | 91 Shaman | 90 Warrior | 90 Mage | 90 Hunter | 90 DK | 87 Warlock | 86 Pally

This post from Wow Insider seems to indicate that JC is, in fact, affected by this change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hahni View Post
    This post from Wow Insider seems to indicate that JC is, in fact, affected by this change.
    Yeah, but the JC vendor is in Orgrimmar. You need to do the JC daily quests to get new recipes, I don't know the level requirement for that, because my JC character is level 85.

edit:

Just did a test, I leveled JC to 475 with a level 82 character and I was able to pick up the daily quest, still this might change.
    Last edited by mmoc3a88d6d3b0; 2010-11-10 at 02:13 PM.

If true this is horrible. I have an alt that is my BS. My main, a tank, is the miner and I planned on sending all the mats to my alt to level up and make the BoP epics for when I hit 85.

So if I am reading this right we have to be 84 to make top end patterns? this is a huge departure. A lvl 55 and make level 70 gear, and a 65 can make level 80 gear. I got my scribe to 75 assuming they would follow the same pattern

Well im a scribe so hopefully inscription stays not affected by it

Would like to see a bluepost on that too, havent seen anything like that and I do think I keep my self updated on most professions.