Soloing Baron Geddon

Since the patch has a prot/ret pally had any luck soloing him anymore since we can't cleanse magic? I tried as ret and prot and after awhile I would just be out of mana and couldn't do anything. I keep replen up but the mana debuff burns more mana than it gives. I tank him in the hallway to negate as much fall damage as possible. Any tips are welcomed.

Deleted
    Seal of Insight; can solo everything but Golemagg with it. For him I just go holy.

It is still possible to solo MC, just a tad more difficult!

nuke fast and bubble when u get low
    You be trollin', no we be goblin

Deleted
    i allways had trouble with geddon, havent tried since before patch :<

A little fire resist goes a long way when trying to solo Geddon. Sure, it can be done without it, but FR gear makes it so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by Monteverdi View Post
    A little fire resist goes a long way when trying to solo Geddon. Sure, it can be done without it, but FR gear makes it so much easier.
    indeed, on my DK i just used the full fire resist set from TBC dungeon emblems and his damage went WAY down
    "How poor are they that have not patience"

Deleted
    You really don`t any FR gear, your aura should be enough. Just use Seal of Insight and use Word of Glory whenever you get low.

baron is still as easy as ever. just put seal of insight on, and use word of glory to heal your self. i tried using the corner method to negate all the fall damage to find there is/was a bug that would dc me every time. so i just stand in the middle of the hallway and use 3hpWoG and it gets me to full every time. resistance aura of course.

for golemag i do the exact same thing except i put on my 2 tank trinkets, 264 badge and H sindy ones.
    Death Knights are good for one thing. Bank Alts. Nothing more.

Mhm, whole mc is as easy as ever (I use ret for it all), stand in the tunnel, heal with word of glory as needed, use seal of insight and eventually bubble if guano hits the windmill... For Golemagg too, don't use any tanking items, just nuke him and heal/bubble if needed. Resistance aura on ofc.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always went holy for Geddon. Takes a long time to kill him but it's incredibly easy.

I dunno what problem you guys had. I still solo everything as Prot. i go WoG spec with seal of insight and Resist Aura. like some1 said it's good to bubble during the fight (i usually do at a point where i get the bomb so i can negate the fall damage. mainly cus the old area to negate fall damage seemed to bug it out after 4.0 and would reset the boss).

the only boss I have issues with is Shazzrah cus of the curse that reduces healing by 75%. but still in that fight i bubble when I'm in trouble and have 3 HoPo to WoG and heal back up before i get the curse again.
    Last edited by Lumidar; 2010-11-09 at 07:05 PM.

Deleted
    I just tested yesterday, and you can still solo the entire Molten Core as retribution. You just need some fairly decent gear :-)

Soloing Garr, Geddon and Golemagg every week as a retri pal, golemagg is tricky, but doable even without bubble

Deleted
    As prot I'm able to solo all MC bosses but Gehennas. For Geddon I go Insight due to the debuff that can get me oom in a few seconds. I try to burn him to 20% asap, and then I just HoW him down (no mana cost cause I have the glyph). All the rest is cake, but Golemag requires WoG everytime I get 3 holy power.