Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    I like having enchanting because I save bag space by being able to disenchant crap I pick up. It's also nice to never have to actually pay for my enchants. The ring enchants are also a nice perk. Made some good gold selling vellums. I generally only do in person enchants for people in raids or when I'm sitting in a city doing nothing. It's a great profession because it rewards you for being pretty lazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Meh, I'm a JC, and I don't actually give a shit about spamming trade with my skills, and taking rediculous amounts of money for a few seconds cast time... If I'm going to earn money, I go to do daily quests, and pick up ores while doing it, and then I usually sell them on AH for about 80% of the lowest price. Yeah, call me a noob undercuter, but I don't care. I just want people to have an easy way to get what they want, therefore I never charge people with "tip" when I make them products. In what means can you call it a "tip" when you actually demand the money? It's a fee to be honest, a ridiculous high fee... I have profs for my own good, and others may take advantage of it without having to waste more cash than they need to get mats.

Thanks for reading <3
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Dear Bahumut5 and other moderators trying to make users think I'm a girl, please have a giant cup of go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstance View Post
    It's like those greedy douches in instances where they Need on gems and then proceed to say "I m a JC...", erm... so am I?...

As a JC i get 10g tips per cut. I dont ask for it (unless i need gold cause i m broke at that moment) I just trade and wait what they ll give me. If it's 1g i ll take it, if it s 5g i ll take it.

Conclusion!: I leveled my professions because they are beneficial for me. The fact that i can make some gold while waiting around in Dalaran for something to happen is just an added convenience. Dont be greedy f*&ks ffs. So serious about a damn profession
    No one is being greedy but look at it like this.

You are a JC'er right? You can get new recipes through doing JC only daily for tokens, you can also Prospect ore for dust to turn into tokens right? Now you as a JC are the only one that can access those mats. I as an Enchanter cannot access your tokens that you use to buy JC recipes.

However the stuff I need to buy my Enchant recipes that I need for my Profession is Shards/Crystals. Now I can get these through my Profession just like you can through Prospecting. However I need to be lucky enough to win that greed roll on that Epic so I can DE it to buy my proffs new pattern from the Vendor.

But low and Behold I lost but it gets auto DE'd and goes to an non enchanter that then chucks it on the AH for a ridiculous price.

Everyone in game regardless of which profession they have has access to obtaining one professions (materials) without needing the actual profession or having to use the AH, Or having to ask an Enchanter to DE for them.

I really don't care about people rolling and winning against me on mats. What annoys me is that we need those mats to buy enchant recipes when its already hard enough at the start of an expansion when it comes to shards/crystals.

Deleted
    I dont do enchanting to make a profit, I have had it since the start of WoW, enchanting for me is so I and my alts can have free enchants, my alts have money earning professions, enchanting is great to have especialy now with velums.

The whole "autodisenchant" argument is a grey area, because the discussion about whether it's fair or not is decided by what would've happened to the gear piece if it wasn't disenchanted. It could have been sold to a vendor, it could have been DE'd by an outside source enchanter and put on the AH, and just as like been put in a stockpile bank for that character.

As for BoP items, which are the items giving shards, I'll agree that on average the enchanter is slightly put in disadvantage by the disenchant roll. While it's true that a BoP won on a greed roll by a non-enchanter wouldn't be able to be disenchanted, I know a lot of people who would let the enchanter pick up all the boP's and distribute the shards at the end of the run.

And lastly, assuming that every disenchant roll ends up on the auction house is just as stupid as assuming none of the enchant rolls do. I think (and all you can do is speculate really) that especially in the start of an expansion, a lot of people will be stocking up their enchanting reserves rather than trying to make money on selling the materials, mostly because they know they will need the materials to enchant their own gear sooner or later. Sure, there will be some money-grubbers who will sell the enchanting mats straight away to make a profit, but I think most money-grubbers will go with a pure gathering profession to do that for the simple reason that a lot of plauers run with two crafting professions that NEED materials from a gathering profession to level up.

Overall, blue shards and epic crystals will be scarce in the start because people will want to equip the gear and not disenchant it, and by a small stretch enchanters will have an easier time getting blue shards as they can disenchant the gear that they replace. But as I said before, it's a grey area because any assumtion or speculation relies on what players decide to do. Player decisions are set by trends and personal values which differ greatly between servers and players in general.

However, as I mentioned before I think it would be appropriate for enchanters to get bonus materials when they win a disenchant roll, just like a small thank-you-for-disenchanting gesture.

Will be much better if something like extra cloth in wrath for tailors. Something like when something it's sharded it gives 2 of the type of mat will give and on a disechant roll from dungeons enchaters get half.

I seriously have to wonder: is it simply due to the Vial of the Sands that people would be dropping a Prof for Alch? I find it hard to believe that people would do so for the other Alch-only stuff (Alch Stone, Flask). Everything else can simply be made if you have an Alchemist alt. Have a Flask master? Congrats, you have plenty of flasks/cauldrons/whatever. Trans master? Enjoy being a the best friend to the same profs were using your services pre-Cata.

I'm sticking to my Eng/Ench guns, because they've served me well and are enjoyable.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    I seriously have to wonder: is it simply due to the Vial of the Sands that people would be dropping a Prof for Alch? I find it hard to believe that people would do so for the other Alch-only stuff (Alch Stone, Flask). Everything else can simply be made if you have an Alchemist alt. Have a Flask master? Congrats, you have plenty of flasks/cauldrons/whatever. Trans master? Enjoy being a the best friend to the same profs were using your services pre-Cata.

I'm sticking to my Eng/Ench guns, because they've served me well and are enjoyable.

You do know about the mixology buff right? Lol Way to be cocky yet ignorant to the details.
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysal View Post
    You do know about the mixology buff right? Lol Way to be cocky yet ignorant to the details.
    Yes, I do know of Mixology. However, if you're simply using Mixology to justify that, it's not a very solid argument either. Currently (pre-Cata) it's in line with other Profs pretty closely with the other professions as far as similar buffs go, aside from the more specified ones (Tailor seems to work best with Casters, Mining for Stamina, Herbalism for the heal & Skinning for the Crit).

If an Alch Stone boosted the buffs on Potions, then yes, that would make Alchemy a clear winner. But given that Mixology just works on Flasks/Elixirs (to increase duration and/or effect), and the other profs bonuses are simply ingrained (aside from Engineering's activated ones, and Tailoring's triggered ones) it just doesn't make sense to me to switch from one painful to level profession to alchemy, simply for a mount. Hence my initial point.

Enchanting vellum saves time for the buyer and seller.

And time is money.

The other way to make money with enchanting is Disenchanting, selling the mats whenerver or when prices soar.

Don't keep a butt load of mats on you and don't stand around on top of org bank spammign trade unless you are leveling ench.

Time is money.

If you aren't making money from your profession then it's because you aren't using time wisely.

Don't put up a vellum of say, Icewalker whent here's 50 of them up, unless you plan on undercutting. While it saves you time it won't always work when there just isn't a huge demand.

Keep everything moving. The two ways to sell on the Ah is to drop stuff off every chance you get back into town, or if it is an alt then just sell everything at once every two days.

I only do direct enchants for guildies and friends, otherwise I'm questing waiting for a que or switching to an alt to do something else.

Every day I'm hustling.

Quote Originally Posted by Xombo View Post
    I guarantee some other old-school enchanters (like from BC or earlier) know that enchanting in WotLK was nowhere near as profitable as Vanilla/BC when not enchanting onto vellum. Why? Because the market is basically controlled by the kindness of the players (tips) rather than competitin on the auction house. For example, the average tip that I was used to getting for my usual enchants back in BC was about 8-15g and 20-40g for harder to obtain ones like Boar's Swiftness, Major Spellpower to bracers or Mongoose. Anyone who did enchanting in WotLK will know that even though the market of *everything* went up, our tips reminaed the same. Su,re it's still making money, but undercutting can only help you so much, so when cata launches, if you're the type f enchanter that's used to just "getting whatever/tip what you want" (this is how I've always been)...you may have to begin charging for the good of your profession.

Let it be known that I know how profitable selling enchanted vellums can be, but not just one aspect of the profession should be going up in price (due to new materials), I believe all aspects of all professions should be affected by new expansion inflation.

I would include jewelcrafters in this too, but from what I remember the normalized tip for epic cuts went from ~8-12g in BC to ~10-20g in WotLK which is 25-50% inflation which is acceptable. Also, considering hw many JC's there were in WotLK, it kinda made it a null issue anyways.
    Last time i checked what your talking about is a cartel, and if i dont remember correctly that is illegal in most countries, for the fact that competition between Sellers makes for the best enviroment for the buyer aka buyers market, so yes in the long run you might make more money if all the servers enchanters work together.

do'h with enchanting not being req to get enchanting mats from say instance the fact of the mather is that we will have to get the mats for stuff like everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by mstieler View Post
    Yes, I do know of Mixology. However, if you're simply using Mixology to justify that, it's not a very solid argument either. Currently (pre-Cata) it's in line with other Profs pretty closely with the other professions as far as similar buffs go, aside from the more specified ones (Tailor seems to work best with Casters, Mining for Stamina, Herbalism for the heal & Skinning for the Crit).

If an Alch Stone boosted the buffs on Potions, then yes, that would make Alchemy a clear winner. But given that Mixology just works on Flasks/Elixirs (to increase duration and/or effect), and the other profs bonuses are simply ingrained (aside from Engineering's activated ones, and Tailoring's triggered ones) it just doesn't make sense to me to switch from one painful to level profession to alchemy, simply for a mount. Hence my initial point.
    Yah except.. It's not just for a mount.. At least not for me.. It's about convenience, and the fact that I have an alt who herbs and this combo will make me more gold. It's about convenience..

need an enchanter once per item or a alchemist once per week or so.

Endless mana pots, health pots will be great for lvling.

The flask of the north will be great until alchemists get their new buff.. It's also nice refreshing your buff never requires more gold like JC / chanting etc its a one time investment. http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/80724/f...f-enhancement/

trinket will be a great starter for the first raid and yes the new alchemist stone does buff potions.

http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/80508/l...chemist-stone/

Transmutes are nice

Teleport to deepholm is nice http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/80725/potion-of-deepholm/

Fun flavor items (at least ench is finally getting a flavor item the pet) http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/80269/potion-of-illusion/ http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/80486/deepstone-oil/ http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/62408/ethereal-oil/

Another nice item to maybe earn extra gold while questing... http://db.mmo-champion.com/s/80726/p...asure-finding/
    * The Potion of Treasure Finding will sometimes reward you with an extra Tiny Treasure Chest when you loot a monster, the chest contains 3-5 Gold, has a 75% chance to contain 8-15 Embersilk Cloth, and a 15% chance to contain a Volatile element.

I'm not saying chanting is bad... Just no longer for me, because outside of profitability and handiness I'm not seeing a huge benefit outside of ring enchants . and I definitely feel like alchemy will give me more than chanting and only 10% because of the mount.
    Last edited by ploinks; 2010-11-11 at 04:16 PM.
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaysal View Post
    This. They need to remove the ability to enchant directly and just have enchanters be scrollmakers.. Then Ench would be a lot more profitable.
    Or enchanters need to stop putting scrolls up at unreasonable prices. I have 3 enchanters, 2 different servers. I have no trouble making profit on any of them. The best part is that it's made so easy to make consistent fast profit, because people constantly try to overcharge. I can toss my scrolls on the AH for reasonable prices and they sell quickly and I'm ready to toss up more. If so many enchanters (and JCs) weren't so greedy, they wouldn't have such a problem with tips.

I've got the same advice I always give for people so intent on making a profit. Stop charging such ridiculous prices. Lower the price, get more buyers, make more profit AND make more people happy. That's not a tough decision. That or make threads on forums and complain while people like me steal your customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cactrot View Post
    Or enchanters need to stop putting scrolls up at unreasonable prices. I have 3 enchanters, 2 different servers. I have no trouble making profit on any of them. The best part is that it's made so easy to make consistent fast profit, because people constantly try to overcharge. I can toss my scrolls on the AH for reasonable prices and they sell quickly and I'm ready to toss up more. If so many enchanters (and JCs) weren't so greedy, they wouldn't have such a problem with tips.

I've got the same advice I always give for people so intent on making a profit. Stop charging such ridiculous prices. Lower the price, get more buyers, make more profit AND make more people happy. That's not a tough decision. That or make threads on forums and complain while people like me steal your customers.
    Despite the fact that you misleadingly said "OR" those aren't opposing points..

AND stop charging so much.. -_-