How will they explain Cairne's death?

Will it be part of the pre cata events? if it will how do they plan on releasing it, I personally believe they should have some kind of Battle for Thunder bluff-like thing in which you fight the grim totems and it shows the meeting with Jaina and Anduin or even at the very least show Garrosh and Cairne fighting in the arena that has been of no use since vanilla.

/discuss

I meant in-game, sorry I didn't clarify that well. I mean Cairne is still sitting in TB =P

It won't be explained in-game at all.

If we're lucky, there will be some random text somewhere that an NPC says or a book.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post
    Meh, servers go down, and yes there.
    But im having high hopes for last phase of pre-cata events with civilian war in both IF and TB
    This is what I'm hoping for as well instead of just plopping the new leaders of IF & TB into the game. =X
    I am a filthy casual!

Deleted
    Varian got hungry and wanted some BBQ steaks... True story

Well, they're leading up to Magni's petrification fairly well, we can only wait and see if we get to witness these events or if they'll just be ignored like Ysera and Malfurion getting out of the Emerald Dream...

a recapture of thunderbluff would be awsome but as it always goes in world of warcraft if it isn't even then i means blizz favors the side that is better off so unless they put in say a retaking of ironforge or something then well we will never see it..... but no the servers will go down then when they come back up a lot o crazy shits gonna have gone down :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Varian got hungry and wanted some BBQ steaks... True story
    LOLOMGWTGDAIRYQUEENLOLOMGBBTHEQ
    Last edited by sepry; 2010-11-09 at 08:54 PM.

Many things get explained in the comics or novels that are barely touched upon in the game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jealouspirate View Post
    It won't be explained in-game at all.

If we're lucky, there will be some random text somewhere that an NPC says or a book.
    This is most likely.

15+ Year Old Account
    You see Cairne's dead body, a black screen, a ticking clock and a voice over telling you to stay tuned for a peak at next week's all new "24."
    Response printed on recycled electrons.

He dies in the Shattering. Read that if you want the story.
    Congratulations, your mind has been expanded.

Probably when you talk to Baine he says something along the lines of "blah blah I trained for years to be chieftan blah blah but I didn't think it'd come this quick blah blah all is the fault of the evil grimtotem for poisoning my father blah blah revenge, steak, I'm a cow"
    He's climbin' in your Deepholme
    Burnin' yo people up
    Tryin to kill em' so you need to hide yo kids hide yo wife
    Cause he burnin' erbody out there

event raid - "RAGE OF CAIRNE"

you heard it here first
    [Kannu]: they run like they have human minds
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxEGsWlKqs4

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cenarius View Post
    Probably when you talk to Baine he says something along the lines of "blah blah I trained for years to be chieftan blah blah but I didn't think it'd come this quick blah blah all is the fault of the evil grimtotem for poisoning my father blah blah revenge, steak, I'm a cow"
    Some of the new tauren newbie quests involve fighting Grimtotems with Baine's help.

He gets a pretty epic line.

"It took a coward's poison and the fury of Hellscream to bring my father down. WHAT CHANCE HAVE YOU?"

4th phase of pre-Cata event was not yet published and only Blizzard knows how is it going to look like, but seeing as already known events couldn't be less interesting, I really hope they are going to show us ingame what happens to Cairne and Magni. Just like above posters said. If they don't do that or give us something equally interesting, this whole event will be just waste of time and resources for Blizzard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.