Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    using the original post as reference:

I'm just assuming things, so don't blame me when I got an addon wrong. :>

actually configure your interface. it's nothing more than the default settings for nearly every addon and just moved them into place.

I guess it's pitbull. which reason do you have to have party frames when you have grid? having any information twice is waste of space (only exception may be your very own player frame).
    soooooooo: get rid of the pitbull playerframes. make grid a little bit (!) more wide and more high. add gridmanabars to grid. remove the border of grid. get gridstatusraiddebuff and make it the center icon + prio 99.
    Pitbull player+target frames: get rid of the casting bar, as a rogue you don't need it. get quartz, use it for target frame only, make this really big and move it right in the middle of your screen. make the energy bar way smaller and the health bar way bigger (relative to total height, ofc)

move classtimer over your player frame, make it less high and adjust the width to your player frame's width.

bartender: move the stadard button bar (that thing with talents, game menu etc) somewhere completely different and make it hide and show on mouseover => more space for buttonz.
    get rid of the bag bar completely (hide) and get arkinventory (bag addon).

msbt (the scrolling text). use a normal font. like arial. make the font smaller. dont make crits bigger or static, modify them to have a "*" before and at the end. remove the notifications (on top of your screen) completely. if you need a notification for something special, use power auras. much, much better.

make the chat window less wide. If you like, use prat or chatter (you can modify nearly everything of the chat with that) and/or show timestamps. it really helps.

get a tooltip addon (e.g. tiptac). remove all health/manabars + threat indicator. get Tidyplates + Threatplates instead and get used to use nameplates. move the tooltip somewhere else, modify both recount + omen so they look less "graphical". get them to the same width and remove the place between them (where the tooltip is right now. maybe geht the bossmods to the same width as well.

that's from me - at least it is what I'd do if this would be my interface.
    Last edited by xebtria; 2010-11-12 at 10:01 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    My 2 cents:

1) Drastically reduce the combat text font size. For aesthetics I'd choose a different font also. You can remove a lot of the information that you don't really need to see.

2) Remove all the unnecessary information from your party frames. I'd remove buffs (leave debuffs), level, class, race, mana text, and shrink the mana bar. Since you're not a healer I'd remove the health text too. You can see if someone's going to die from the bar alone. I'd remove the cast bar and combat icon. Maybe the role icon. And give it a texture. I like Water and Perl v2. Having party frames and what looks like Grid is redundant. I'd use Grid personally.

3) Remove the glow from buff icons. Smaller text, smaller spacing, put more in a row.

4) Redo your minimap. Smaller, remove icons you don't need and the time . Place stuff differently (for example I think the difficulty banner looks nicer 'hanging' from the bottom of the map).

5) Make Recount look like Omen (which looks great), make them the same size, and place them side by side. Mirror that set up with your chat box.

6) Get a tooltip mod.

7) Remove your bag bar and the menu bar. Use an all in one bag mod. Everything on the menu bar can be accessed by slash commands. Move your buttons down.

I can think of more, but I'm not trying to turn your UI into mine :P Those are just the biggest things I would do, take whatever ideas you like and apply them. You can check out my UI in my sig to see some of those ideas in practice. My goals in my UI are symmetry and simplicity while cramming all of the information I need into it, and removing what I don't need.
    Last edited by Sycobob; 2010-11-12 at 11:53 PM. Reason: More info

Maybe try some new UI? there is really many of them on wowinterface, im pretty sure you can find one that you like.

and reduce the UI scale!

or try some lightwieght addons, chould also be an option instead of like pitbull to oUF, recount to tinydps, etc. most of these addons are only configurable in notepad ++ etc..