19 4.37%
  • Warrior

15 3.45%
  • Death Knight (if she makes it)

3 0.69%
Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

My gf wants to play WoW

Basically my girlfriend wants to play WoW with me which is awesome i must say!

But, I have no idea what class would be best for her, she's not exactly the biggest gamer... Her most played game is the Sims.

Anyway i was thinking Hunter for sure but i also want to have a class with an easy end game rotation and such but is also easy to level.

Please Help

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ickyness View Post

But, I have no idea what class would be best for her, she's not exactly the biggest gamer... Her most played game is the Sims.

Anyway i was thinking Hunter for sure but i also want to have a class with an easy end game rotation and such but is also easy to level.

Please Help
    Retri pala easy lvl + she can try heal role without lvl another char or even tank ^^

The vast majority of skilled female players I know have all been resto druids, with the exception of one feral druid and one disc priest.

My honest advice: Let her pick. If she's into games like The Sims, she'll probably be far more excited by the appearance of her character than anything related to its playstyle. Have her pick race/gender/attributes first, then give her a basic rundown of the options provided by her race selection. Keep it simple (i.e. healing vs. tanking vs. dps), you'll narrow it down and she'll pick something she's happy with.

Sig by Mipeo

90% of girls I have met have been hunters, and most of them have sucked (in game)

Am I the only one to have not met any bad Female Players? I've only met a few (6 or 7.) and none of them have been bad, most of them have been excellent players.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Boyfriend and I leveled with the refer a friend and it helped that he was doing quests and dungeons with me. He still has his main.
    Also some girls have different play styles than the boys like I enjoy farming and completing some of the achievements To All The Squirrels I've Loved Before or collecting Companion pets. Once she gets hooked you may never get her out!!

My girlfriend started playing WoW 6 months ago or something. She hadn't played anything else than guitar hero and the sims.
    Anyways, I told her to level up a few characters, just to get the feel of every class etc. then choose whatever class she enjoyed the most, so she ended up with a elemental shaman.

Must say that it's pretty awesome to have a girlfriend that plays WoW, since she now let's me raid whenever I want to without getting all crazy like "omg u lik wow bettr than me!11!!". Instead she raids with me (: (: (:

fun edit; she just wrote to me on IM "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, NO MORE GAME TIME! FUCK ): ): ): ):"

10+ Year Old Account
    Pally, druid, or any pet class.

Priest or druid, juste like 95~% of women playing wow.

Deleted
    Resto druid is just so female-ish (like to be in touch of nature and healing others).

15+ Year Old Account
    I voted hunter because that's what was recommended to me back in the day and I did fine with it. I have to agree with Ligaments though ... when it comes to versatility and fun it has to be druid. If she roles a hunter she'll be restricted. Better to respec at some point with a druid than have to re-roll to try tanking or healing. Plus, the forms rock.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Amana View Post
    Priest or druid, juste like 95~% of women playing wow.
    Really, of all the women I know who play wow, most of them are Mages...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If she's actually serious about playing, have her try every class out or ask her what role she would like to be. Whether it be melee or ranged dps, a healer, or tank, and explain what each role means, and let her decide from there. It's really all you can do without being biased about your opinion. It would also be good to give a small rundown of every class and what they do mainly.

My gf started with a mage first time she tried it and didnt like it too much, if you are going to be lvling an alt with her then I could suggest a healer for her, you roll some prot something and blast up with her. Keeps the deaths low and as such the fun higher :P (gf reading this post and suggested something that doesnt die too easily)

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ligaments View Post
    The vast majority of skilled female players I know have all been resto druids, with the exception of one feral druid and one disc priest.

My honest advice: Let her pick. If she's into games like The Sims, she'll probably be far more excited by the appearance of her character than anything related to its playstyle. Have her pick race/gender/attributes first, then give her a basic rundown of the options provided by her race selection. Keep it simple (i.e. healing vs. tanking vs. dps), you'll narrow it down and she'll pick something she's happy with.
    This is excellent advice. My boyfriend started narrowing down my selection by starting with race, then role (healing, tanking or DPS) and then a breakdown of what fits those.

Obviously, I wanted a blood elf because they are just so pretty. So then he described what each role does and I was all "I like healing" (or rather the concept of healing), and he was like "you have paladin and priest to choose from" and he went to describe what the style of each one was. Because paladins were sturdier with their awesome epic plate, that's what I decided to do, and I have never once regret it. (Well, except when my fellow paladins do something over-the-top stupid.)

I was thinking boomkin would be good for her but she looked at the tauren and troll females and was like... eh, no.

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest advice to her is what my husband told me when he wanted me to get started in the game. Roll 1 of every class play each of them to get a feel see which one best suites her and then focus on that toon as her main. My husband told me to do this after I rolled a undead warlock as my first toon and I hated it I was so lost. So I rolled a priest, and then a mage and my mage I instantly fell in love with and for the past 3 years she has been my main. She is still my only 80 and was my only 70 I didn't get another level 70 until after WOTLK with in the past 3 months.

My friends GF leveled aa hunter and she said she learned how to play the game well on it and she didn't die as much becuase her pet died a lot lol. make a hunter
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    And when you see them you'll be all like :O and we'll be all like and then people on the forums will still be all like(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

10+ Year Old Account

Please Help
    the best help i can give is this: let her make her own mind up, i would imagine that in the long run she'll get the most enjoyment out of playing the game herself with minimal back seat driving from you so to speak.
    Baa weep grahna weep ninny bong.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking boomkin would be good for her but she looked at the tauren and troll females and was like... eh, no.
    rofl I said the same thing, when I looked at tarrens. I prefer belfs for characters for the most part.