Thread: Prot Paladin

Deleted

Prot Paladin

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...lvanas&cn=Ayio

That is my current gear/specc for my prot paladin.

I have some questions regarding it.

1. Which glyphs should i go and buy?
    2. Which rotation do i use when i tank single targets and aoe packs? I am going to try out tanking in heroics first. Since i have never tanked before.

So i would appreachiate if someone could help me as a little noob i am in prot things.
    I have asked some people to help me of my friends but they all say diffrents and i wanna know the proper one before i step my fot inside to tank the first time.
    I want to tank so badly since i am tired of healing and dpsing so i want to see this game from a diffrent point of view.
    And since all of my friends says diffrent rotation it is giving me a headache :/

Thanks in advance and sorry if this questions has been answerd before in some threads but i want all things to be in the same thread and i cant find them all in one thread.
    I learn the best that way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Currently reside in Japan, lived most of my life in Georgia, USA
    Prime glyphs should be Shield of the Righteous(SoR), Hammer of the Righteous(HotR), and Seal of Truth. For Major glyphs i use Divine Plea, Holy Wrath, and turn Focused shield on and off, depending on the fight upcoming.

Your rotation should look like: Pull w/ AS or Exorcism ( i prefer exorcism because i like to save AS for the actual rotation) then hit HotR, Judgement, HotR, AS/Holy Wrath (whichever is on CD you use the other), HotR, then SoR. only use SoR when you have 3 holy power.

*Note, with your gear (read, lack of T10 2piece bonus) and depending on your AP it may be better to use Crusader Strike(CS) in place of HotR. For aoe fights clearly use HotR instead of CS, but with the T10 bonus and the glyph, unless you have a high Vengeance stack HotR will hit harder even for single target stuff. I'd go to a target dummy and see which is hitting harder on it. if your CS is hitting harder, then use that for your Single target. If HotR is hitting harder, then use it for all situations (unless, as i said, Vengeance is stacked very high, in which case you will switch to CS for single target).

For AoE packs you will typically stick to the same rotation, but occasionally throw down Consecration if you are finding the normal rotation lacking in sufficient threat.

i use crusader, judge, crusader, judge, Sor, rinse and repeat if im solo target tanking.

if im multi target tanking i use...

i use conc, Hor, judge, HoR, Judge, Sor, rinse and repeat.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

10+ Year Old Account
    you should also get the pvp shield, even thou it appears that you cant buy it because you dont have the pvp rating, you can still buy it anyways. It has loads of stamina and armor, although it lacks strength its still a very good shield. and its only 70 honor! so very cheap

you can buy it from the pvp gear goblins in the sewers under dalaran.

and as far as rotation, i see avenging shield hitting real hard, so i use it for single target too. otherwise just use either hammer of the righteous or crusader strike, then another abiltiy and back to HotR/CS. its on a 3 second cooldown, so use it on every other button press.

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 04:34 AM ----------

oh and dont forget to practice on cooldown rotations. that will make your healers very happy

The prot paladin rotation is very simple, and switching between single-target and aoe packs is easy.

The top priority is always holy power generation, leading into a 3-point finisher. Single target goes CS --> CS --> CS --> Finisher. Replace CS with the AoE holy power generator for packs. This is the only real difference between AoE and single-target tanking.

In-between consecutive Crusader Strikes you have enough time to use one additional ability. Use Avenger's Shield if it is available, use whatever you want if it is not. I typically use Judgment in that situation for mana, and rarely bother with holy wrath, even in aoe packs. It seems to hit like a pile of feathers.

You can throw down a consecrate if you're worried about streaming adds making a beeline for a healer, but I find the AoE holy power generator works fine for most purposes. Also (and it took a while before I realized this), don't be afraid to use your defensive abilities whenever they appear- they're both on a short cooldown (2 minutes) and don't trigger forbearance or anything like that. You don't get your shield wall equivalent until level 85.

And that's it! That's paladin tanking. It's super easy. Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    i use crusader, judge, crusader, judge, Sor, rinse and repeat if im solo target tanking.

if im multi target tanking i use...

i use conc, Hor, judge, HoR, Judge, Sor, rinse and repeat.
    You can Judge twice? you're OP.