Why Iam doing lower dps on beta ??

Hello guys ...

I just hope someone have an answer ...why Iam doing lower dps with my lvl 85 with lvl 333 gear warlock on beta

than my lvl 80 with lvl 277 gear on live ???

I use the same talents, I use the same rotation

and on live Iam doing 11~ 12k dps on boss dummy

and on beta Iam doing max 7k dps on a lvl 80 normal dummy !!!

does any1 knows why ??

also another issue .... my mana runs out fast on beta than it does on live ...

Deleted
    Well, I dont know why your doing low dps, maybe its time to change ur rotation? .. And yes ur running out of mana, that happens every caster at the start of a new expac.

combat rating scaling. spells cost more the higher level you are, you dont have a nice 30% buff, maybe you havnt gotteen the rotation completely down. it could be one of a million things

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

You have very much lower crit, haste and mastery. And probably no nifty setbonuses either (though I don't know how good they are for warlocks anyway).
    -

Quote Originally Posted by Arcangnom View Post
    You have very much lower crit, haste and mastery. And probably no nifty setbonuses either (though I don't know how good they are for warlocks anyway).
    yea I have much lower haste and crit than my T10 ... but I have also much more mastery and intellect

Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47
    yea I have much lower haste and crit than my T10 ... but I have also much more mastery and intellect
    There's your answer (I think). Your spells do more damage, but you cast them less often and they don't crit as much when they hit. If you are hit-capped, work on bringing your Haste up or reforge the Mastery to Haste instead. Went from about 800 Haste to 1413 and my DPS went from about 12k to 18k and I ALWAYS have a spell to cast.

Don't take my word for it, though. There are more informed Warlocks on this forum that may be able to give more insight than I have.

Get used to it....

I have a Epic geared premade on Beta and get a max of 10.5k dps in Destro... Other classes are doing that with 1 button spam lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Deezlar View Post
    Get used to it....

I have a Epic geared premade on Beta and get a max of 10.5k dps in Destro... Other classes are doing that with 1 button spam lol!
    You're saying like that's a bad thing. That's actually make raiding fun, unlike mashing one key until your thumbs sore or fall asleep due to boredom. Arcane is like doing one button lol. Like cynicalbrit said, he's glad he's playing a mage because warlock is complex, which is obviously, true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTmAn47 View Post
    Ive heard mastery isn't scaling as high as haste is. Maybe get less mastery and get more crit/haste.

ehh this is if your affliction. don't know about destro or demo lol

Affliction Hero.

Sounds as if you're all doing something wrong. I've seen locks do 18k dps in beta raids, just check the raid videos posten here some time ago. You can't do less than on level 80, it wouldn't make any sense.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Clearly you're not doing something right. Locks in icc in 4.01 are pulling 13-16k dps obviously they're geared to the tits, but at 85 you should have greatly improved gear which means improved DPS - IMO - take the spells off your action bars and replace them one by one after going over each of them to establish a proper cast sequence.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 02:55 AM ----------

I realized after I wrote that, 30% dmg buff from ICC -

Doesnt everything get nerfed when cata comes out? like when you look at most of the patch notes for the beta posted up on here, most of the values for almost everything gets chopped. None of those values are affecting us in live cus we dont have Cata unlocked yet. Thats my guess as to why ur doing less damage in Beta then on Live. That and the crit and haste values are most likely alot smaller even with full 333ilvl. u prob wont see the same numbers you have now ever again from how blizzard explains they want it.
    Last edited by Fpsmike1; 2010-11-11 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsibubblez View Post
    Clearly you're not doing something right. Locks in icc in 4.01 are pulling 13-16k dps obviously they're geared to the tits, but at 85 you should have greatly improved gear which means improved DPS - IMO - take the spells off your action bars and replace them one by one after going over each of them to establish a proper cast sequence.

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 02:55 AM ----------

I realized after I wrote that, 30% dmg buff from ICC -
    I'm doing 22-25k single target dps in icc myself, but that's WITH the 30% buff so you can't use ICC as an example. Bosses also die much faster therefore it's easier to sustain high dps. On beta you have ISF 100% of the fight duration (or close to it). Like I said, dps shouldn't be too far of.
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    combat rating scaling. spells cost more the higher level you are, you dont have a nice 30% buff, maybe you havnt gotteen the rotation completely down. it could be one of a million things
    people got 30% buff on target dummys ;o ?

Try again by keeping to the current rotation:

elements - don't let the imp attack yet
    - start imp attack
    - cast soulfire
    - corr
    - doom
    - immo
    - conflag
    - cb
    - incin
    -- refresh soulfire at the 2 second mark (yes, hardcast it, or soulburn it, don't wait for a proc)

Keep everything running without clipping anyhing. Don't life tap, just do this until you run oom.