Spirit for a resto druid

I was asking in my guild and no one really knew then i was reading the resto druid guide here, like is there like any number not to go below?
    Should I reforge out of spirit on all my gear I have 1033 spirit in my pve gear about 1000 mana regen and 600 combat regen
    I have about the same amount of spirit in my pvp gear is reforging the same as pve?

Thx for any info
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't base your mana off PvP. It's going to be a lot different going in and out of combat. Depending on what you're doing, since you can only reforge 40% of a stat, people can get away with reforging every spi piece they can and still not have mana problems, esp with innervate. If you aren't comfortable, only do 1/2 1st.

No one's going to be able to give you a number, it's all based on what you're healing/raid comp, who you're healing with, your gear, and playstyle.

thx well I all my spirit i can then lol did LK and didnt go below 80% until I went tree and wrath spammed second transition phase guess i have to much then.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexiforce View Post
    thx well I all my spirit i can then lol did LK and didnt go below 80% until I went tree and wrath spammed second transition phase guess i have to much then.
    Not much for a Druid to heal on that fight if you have any Disc Priests. Do BQL and you will know if you have regen issues. If you can Rejuv and WG spam that whole fight without innervate, you have too much regen. BQL is fight I use the most mana on, that's the reason I gave it as an example.

I do have to use Innervate sometimes on that fight. Depends on other people not being bad, mostly.

Yeah BQL was the same way, but it was our top group running for an old guildie that hadnt killed LK yet.
    also our priest was bored last time so she was holy so no shields for infest I pretty much kept rejuv on everyone with lifebloom on the MT and regrowths on both tanks and anyone taking major damage we also stacked the effloresce and PWSanctuary and had everyone stack in them, I was also the only one on their alt

Until our well deserved nerfs go through it's not possible to have mana problems as a resto druid. Reforge away.

Well :P treeform using 30 seconds of regrowth instant spam does hurt the mana pull just a little, i drop about 40k mana in those 30 seconds, easy way around it just keep with rej :P unless people are actually low, or just be required to do something else that will cancel treeform because its stupid.

But this is me and my main gear has about 800 spirit now (mostly 277) but ulduar herald of the titans gear has about 1k spirit :P
    As Myrrar said there is no number, but generally if you finish the fight at with loads of mana left its wasted, if you are tight for mana then its worth getting more. Ofc build in a little room for error, like 1 min longer fight because of deaths

Deleted
    I've reforged as much spirit as I can - sitting at roughly 400 combat regen unbuffed, I rarely have mana issues. As mentioned, it can take a dent in fights such as BQL, but otherwise, I'm fine.

Reforge your spirit to maximize your output, or stick to it in preparation for the nerf that's surely coming.

If you are talking about live, use your Boomkin gear to heal. Mana on live is unlimited, so no reason to concern yourself with it.

Just don't get used to it, looks totally different for Cata.

If I were you, I'd reforge all the spirit on my gear to haste to try hitting the 1016 haste cap. I am sitting at just over 800 spirit at the moment, and the only fight where I might be able to run OOM is a fight like BQ. However, if you feel you need the extra regen for just one or two fights, I would recommend just switching out a trinket or 2, since reforging all your spirit into haste (or another stat when haste capped) helps on ALL fights, not just the one or two where you might encounter mana issues.

That being said I think 1000 spirit is overkill, on live anyway. Im at around 800 spirit and I heal ICC25H regularly, and have yet to run completely OOM

i'd actually advise against reforging for haste... i tried doing the insane levels of haste upto 1327 haste... after 25% i found no real useful gains at all. at 1327 haste, i gained 1 tick from lifebloom and 1 tick from wild growth compared to having 25% (about 850-ish). no matter what i did, i could not get rejuv to gain another tick what so ever and i'm 99.99999% positive this extra tick people are claiming to get right now on something that is meant to be 85 balanced at the moment, is actually the instant heal from Gift of the Earthmother.

crit however... personally sitting at just under 40% passive crit with 50% effective on lifebloom self buffed is seriously some brass balls.

i sit with about 70% 277 gear, i have all of my spirit reforged to crit on pieces with haste on them. and pieces with crit i left alone. gem wise, blue = intel / spirit, red = intel, yellow = intel / haste.

regrowth is a 100% chance to crit all the time and when raid buffed ATLEAST 60% of my hots are crits.

i have 48k mana (49 buffed), 624 mana regen in combat unbuffed. i keep lifebloom up at all times for replenishment and i use inervate at roughly 75-80% mana and always finish out every ICC encounter with 60%+ mana pool with innervate still available to use.

the main thing here is... don't base your mana regen capabilities on ICC encounters being they are meaningless now. Cata bosses can and will easily exceed the 5-8minute fight times you see in ICC and will do it VERY demandingly on your mana and your ability to heal properly and efficiently. it's time for a game plan change, look at what you do in ICC now... now double the numbers, the time spent per fight and the need to be efficient all at once... now you have cata expectations.
    Current rig: Custom
    CPU - i7 980x @ 4.34ghz
    MEM - 12gb DDR3 1866 @ 1876mhz / CL7
    VIDEO - HD5970 @ 950core / 1253memory w/ 10.10+10.10a profiles
    MB - ASUS Rampage III Extreme w/ BIOS 0903

Quote Originally Posted by Skuldarin View Post
    i'd actually advise against reforging for haste... i tried doing the insane levels of haste upto 1327 haste... after 25% i found no real useful gains at all. at 1327 haste, i gained 1 tick from lifebloom and 1 tick from wild growth compared to having 25% (about 850-ish). no matter what i did, i could not get rejuv to gain another tick what so ever and i'm 99.99999% positive this extra tick people are claiming to get right now on something that is meant to be 85 balanced at the moment, is actually the instant heal from Gift of the Earthmother.
    1016 haste gets you the extra tick on rejuv assuming you have the normal 5% from shadow priest or boomkin. You are 99.99999% wrong.

then the hours of time i put into testing the haste cap rattings was completely wrong and every time getting 5 ticks +1 instant was wrong every time on 4 different resto druids on 2 different servers... yes, i am 99.99999% wrong... gotchya
    Current rig: Custom
    CPU - i7 980x @ 4.34ghz
    MEM - 12gb DDR3 1866 @ 1876mhz / CL7
    VIDEO - HD5970 @ 950core / 1253memory w/ 10.10+10.10a profiles
    MB - ASUS Rampage III Extreme w/ BIOS 0903

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Skuldarin View Post
    then the hours of time i put into testing the haste cap rattings was completely wrong and every time getting 5 ticks +1 instant was wrong every time on 4 different resto druids on 2 different servers... yes, i am 99.99999% wrong... gotchya
    Elitist Jerks numerous tests from numerous druids who have been solid theorycrafters since the game was released have said and proven with spreadhsheets and numbers 1015 is the haste you need to hit with a haste buff. Doing the test on your resto druid, alone, means you don't have that haste buff. No matter what haste you strive for with the gear we have now, you won't hit cap without it. So yeah sorry, you were wrong. =/

As for basing your mana off ICC fights. This whole topic was about Wrath healing right now. What's going to happen in Cata has nothing to do with it. It's been stated numerous times in other threads you wont be trying for cap in Cata, you also won't be rejuv spamming so it's not even close to important.