Poll: Should Mounts Be BOA (Holiday, Heroic drops, and non raid achivements Mounts ONLY)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay. No way I'm doing that fucking winterspring trainers grind again.... no way.

How about just making duplicate mounts BoA, but consumed on use. i main my dk, but my pali and hunter both got TWO headless horseman mounts. how shitty is that to see those reins just sitting there. this would eliminate the fear or seeing lvl 20-40 toons with awesome mounts like invincible and help the guys out with retarded RNG like myself. srsly.
    85 Retribution Paladin | 85 Fire Mage | 85 Frost Death Knight | 85 Elemental Shaman | 85 Demonology Warlock |85 Arms Warrior | 85 Marksman Hunter

Deleted
    Would be nice at some point. You do work a lot for some mounts, so it would be nice if you had the mounts on your alts too.

10+ Year Old Account
    My vote is nay. I like having all of my special mounts on my main. It reminds me of all the hard work I've invested into the character and why my main is my main. That being said, my alts all have their own special mounts to highlight the work that I've put into them. However, what they have will never be as badass as my main. And that's as it should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    clearly not
    World of Anzu or World of Zulian Tiger :/

Regarding this I would say, make them BoA but still consumable. So you can buy the mount you spend weeks grinding rep for another toon, but only one other toon; you would have to purchase it again for another; like the BoA enchants currently in Live. Or save that Swift Zarrashi Raptor that drops tomorrow for the Worgen you intend to roll.
    Keeper of the Gilinean Lore, Defender of Worgen, and General Nuisance to Blizzard

We will not be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Just checking if we are being serious here.
    You're asking why one doesn't like the idea of farming Winterspring rep twice?

Please go get some help.

No. Please go and get professional help as well.
    So why did you mention cancer? It has totally nothing to with the thread. I see you got banned, that says enough.

The Patient
    15+ Year Old Account
    Black Battle tank on all my character? Yes please.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikaru View Post
    It's still one player with one mount at all times. That mount does not multiple in the game since you can only log on one character at a time. The only thing that changes is the model on top of the mount. There's no difference if they log in on their Warrior or their Druid, they are still just one character per account. Regardless of which toon they are playing at any given time, it's still the player who earned the mount.
    That means the mount is used in game more so it shows up more in the game world. So it diminishes the exclusivity of the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenge View Post
    One of the reasons why I don't care for alts is because the mount/achievement points reset on the new character. If those features were extended account wide somehow Id probably play a lot more alts!
    This is me to an extent as well. the main reason I'm sticking to my main is because I have about an extra 100 mounts, and 6k achievement points over my best alt. Though to be honest I'd probably still keep mains, itd just be nice to have more of an option to switch without losing 2-3years worth of grinding

I argee with mounts being BoA, but disagree with the use on more than one toon per 1 mount obtained thing people have been suggesting, that might be okay for mounts such as achievement rewarded mounts, though I'd still be a bit hesitant, but I think it should just be BoA, but once used it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Groznar View Post
    Black Battle tank on all my character? Yes please.
    No, just no. Doesn't any idea stay dead anymore?

I'm a mount collector, 104 mounts currently, and yeah, it would be a nice feature to have, but it really wouldn't be a good one due to so many things I'm sure have been mentioned before my post. There are many pros, but I think there are more cons, it isn't going to happen, I know I'd not argue against it if it did, but I don't want it to happen, because it just wouldn't work well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aberration View Post
    Super Mario called. He left a message inviting you to his 25th birthday party.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...s&cn=Grimgoren

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, I would like to get an amani war bear from my lock and the black proto from my DK :P

---------- Post added 2010-11-13 at 12:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gilian View Post
    That means the mount is used in game more so it shows up more in the game world. So it diminishes the exclusivity of the mount.
    Who the hell cares? At the end of the day the people who got it still earned it, and there's no more people with it than there was before. Sick of that goddamn attitude that nothing is worth anything unless nobody else has it.
    "The truth, my goal."

Quote Originally Posted by Tuvok View Post
    Who the hell cares? At the end of the day the people who got it still earned it, and there's no more people with it than there was before. Sick of that goddamn attitude that nothing is worth anything unless nobody else has it.
    They earned that one. They didn't earn a second.
    E.g. You get Barons mount by farming 100 runs. You earned that one, not two. You do another hundred runs, you earned that second, not more.
    You buy that Mammoth for 8k? You earned that one, not two. You spend another 8k on an alt? You earned that second, not more.
    If Blizzard intended for mounts to get given to all alts (10 characters per realm) they would have made them 10 times as difficult to get,
    Mounts would be a 0.1% chance to drop, not 1% chance. Hodir mammoth would cost 80k, not 8k, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is an alt with a VPD is something I do not believe in. You earn it on the character you work for it on.
    I'm totally up for cross-character achievements - but in a format whereby the achievement is lit up but it tells you that you earned it on a different character.

What if someone who plays druid amazingly gets BoA Invinicible off LK - now lets assume he SUCKS at his paladin, but all of a sudden his paladin is riding around on it. If he's such a bad Paladin, he simply doesn't deserve the mount on that particular character.

Plus it means those showcase jerks who sit on their mounts most of the day leaving their computer running can resume their pastime on alts as well?

Deleted
    Stop making WoW easier, its getting less and less of a challenge. Earn them, or just have 1 character who is your "God". and this is coming from someone with Blue Proto Drake and Zulian Tiger on his alt. may not be much to you guys but i love them.