level up dungeons - difficulty selection.

hey everyone, i've recently been leveling up a disc priest and have all the heirlooms i need for her with enchants, I also have mostly blues again with some enchants. Now with intellect providing SP and mana I find level up instances way to easy and was thinking wouldn't it be great if we could select a difficulty from our "portrait menu"?

you could reward people for going through level up dungeons on harder difficulties with:

- slightly better loot, either from bags that you receive from random dungeon finder or from boss drops.
    - slighty more exp, so people who choose harder difficulties have another reason to go through on hard.

you could be grouped with others who chose the difficulty you selected through the dungeon finder.

difficulties could work like this:

easy - current stats on mobs/bosses.
    medium - mobs get a 25% hp and damage buff, bosses get a 50% hp and damage buff.
    hard - mobs get a 50% hp and damage buff, bosses get a 100% hp and damage buff.

Hard bosses could also have adds adding in. these are rough percentages obviously, this wouldn't take to much work to implement as far as i can see. thoughts?

there are games out there with difficulty sliders for level up dungeons so I don't see why blizzard couldn't implement something like this.

"If it's not broken, fix it untill it is."

Actually there's an easy fix for this, in the random dungeon finder they could just let you choose random green dungeon, random yellow dungeon or random orange dungeon., the finder tends to pick from yellow ones for the most part, so if you neede more challenge just take orange.

Deleted
    They overhauled most of azeroth including the leveling instances, this sounds like it'd be a huge workload for them and tbh, i'd much prefer updated character models than this.

Deleted
    one of the main reasons for having it be random is that the harder dungeons become more populated rather than every1 spamming out the easy ones

Quote Originally Posted by Kilarah View Post
    They overhauled most of azeroth including the leveling instances, this sounds like it'd be a huge workload for them and tbh, i'd much prefer updated character models than this.
    just upping the mobs and bosses HP and Damage then rewarding players with a little bit more exp and better stats on loot doesn't seem like that big of workload. players on normal could receive an extra 5% exp? and on hard players could receive an extra 10%? the stats on loot could go up by 1 for normal and 2 for hard.

I'd love more of a challenge when leveling up my new characters as I have most heirlooms and they are all enchanted. More of a challenge, more exp and better loot