Cataclysm Beta - Build 13277
A new beta build will be deployed on beta realms tonight!
Lil'Ragnaros and Moonkin Hatchling
The models of the upcoming companion pets are finally available.
Spell ChangesOriginally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Feats of Strength
- Insane in the Membrane no longer requires the Shen'dralar reputation.
Player - General
- Helping Scribes Pay the Bills has been removed.
Guild - Quests
- A Daily Routine now requires you to complete 15 000 quests, down from 25 000.
- Daily Driver now requires you to complete 30 000 quests, down from 50 000.
- The Daily Grind now requires you to complete 75 000 quests, down from 100 000.
Guild - Player vs. Player
- Kill Squad now requires you to get 100 000 honorable kills, down from 500 000.
- Guild Gankers now requires you to get 250 000 honorable kills, down from 1 000 000.
- Creepjackers now requires you to get 1 000 000 honorable kills, down from 2 500 000.
Player - Quests
- Thousand Needles Quests now requires 60 quests, down from 64.
- Unearthing Uldum now requires 108 quests, down from 120.
- My Very Own Broodmother now requires you to complete the quest within 90 seconds of striking the crystal. (Old - Killing Aesora within 50 seconds)
Player - World Event
- Bros. Before Ho Ho Ho's no longer requires Brother Anton in Nijel's Point.
Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
Death Knight (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Virulence now increases your chance to hit with your spells by 3/6/9%, up from 2/4/6%.
Druid (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Thrash now deals [ 3% of Attack Power + 152 * 3 ] additional bleed damage, up from [ 3% of AP + 152 ] damage.
- Efflorescence's healing effectiveness now diminishes for each player behond 6 within the area.
Mage (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Arcane Barrage cooldown has been changed to 4 sec, down from 5 sec.
- Arcane Explosion now costs 15% of base mana, down from 18% of base mana.
Paladin (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Holy Radiance's healing effectiveness now diminishes for each player behond 6 within the area.
- Seal of Truth now scales from 1% of Spell Power and 1.93% of Attack Power, down from 1.33% Spell Power/2.57% Attack Power. Now deals 9% weapon damage when stacked 5 times, down from 15%.
Priest (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Prayer of Healing base healing value has been increased by 20%.
- Holy Word: Sanctuary's healing effectiveness now diminishes for each player behond 6 within the area.
- Power Word: Barrier duration reduced to 10 sec, down from 25 sec. No longer absorbs a given amount of damage, now reduces all damage done to friendly targets by 30%. While within the barrier, spellcasting will not be interrupted by damage.
- Divine Aegis now also procs from all heals from Prayer of Healing.
- Grace now increases all healing received from the Priest by 4/8%, up from 2/4%.
Rogue (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Backstab now deals 200% weapon damage, up from 150% weapon damage.
Shaman (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Healing Rain's healing effectiveness now diminishes for each player behond 6 within the area.
Warlock (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Nether Protection now procs from damage absorption from all wards instead of just Nether Ward. When you absorb damage through Shadow Ward, Nether Ward or other effects, you gain Nether Protection, reducing all damage by that spell school by 15/30% for 12 sec.
- Legion Strike healing reduction changed to 10%, down from 25%.
Warrior (Forums / Cataclysm Talent Calculator / Beta Skills/Talents)
- Heroic Leap now deals [ 50% Attack Power ] damage (up from 100% Weapon damage) within 8 yards (up from 5 yards) but no longer stuns.
- Bloody Healing now increases healing from Bloodthirst by 40%, down from 100%.
Cataclysm Paid Faction and Race Changes
With two new playable races just on the horizon, many players have been asking when they'll be able to convert their existing characters into goblins or worgen. Paid faction and race changes will be available immediately once Cataclysm is released. Realm First achievements for leveling any class to 85 will be available in Cataclysm. However there will be no Realm First achievements associated with leveling characters of a specific race.
There will be a slight change to the way paid services work for goblins and worgen. Goblin and worgen characters wishing to change race or faction cannot be in Lost Isles or Gilneas; they must be elsewhere to initiate the process. There are no restrictions on race/faction change to goblin or worgen.
You can learn more about our promotions and paid services here.
Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator Now Available
The phone authenticator datamined a few weeks ago is going live!
Over the years, Blizzard has provided players with various tools and resources, such as the Battle.net Authenticator and Account Security Awareness pages, to help you keep your account information safe, secure, and in the right hands. As part of our ongoing commitment to account security, we’re happy to announce the release of a new account security feature, the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator.
Similar to the Battle.net Authenticator and Mobile Authenticator application, the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is an optional tool that provides an additional layer of security against unauthorized account access. The Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is not a physical token or application run on a mobile device, however. Instead, it is a free opt-in service that will actively monitor an account and request additional authorization from the user when a potentially unauthorized login attempt occurs. (Pretty cool, huh?)
If you sign up for the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator, you will be asked to make a toll-free phone call from a specific phone of your choosing to authorize unusual login attempts with the associated Battle.net account. Please note that you will only be asked to make this phone call when something about your login attempt appears out of the ordinary. For example, if you were to log in from a location from which you do not typically play, you may be asked to call in and provide your selected PIN and a unique, single-use security code before access to the account will be granted.
Sign-up and use of the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator is completely free and is currently compatible with World of Warcraft and Battle.net Account Management logins. So, what are you waiting for? To learn more about this service and find out how you can take your account’s security to the next level, check out the Battle.net Dial-in Authenticator FAQ today.
Cataclysm Beta: Battlegrounds Developer Focus Test
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/1116853#blog]Attention[/url], Cataclysm beta testers! Want your shot at camping developers at the graveyard? This Thursday, November 11 beginning at 4 p.m. PST, we'll be holding a focus test for Rated Battlegrounds on the World of Warcraft: Cataclysm beta realms. If you want to participate, all you have to do is form a raid group with nine other players and queue for Rated Battlegrounds. We'll be conducting this test in a 10- vs. 10-player setting using Warsong Gulch, Twin Peaks, and Battle for Gilneas as the locations, so be prepared for some sweet, sweet ownage. We're hoping to receive lots of feedback about Rated Battlegrounds, Twin Peaks, and Battle for Gilneas, so be sure to visit our official beta forums. You could be up against a team of developers in any given match, so be sure not to go easy on your opponents, especially if you see names like Mumper and Kalgan!
Lastly, be sure to keep the PvP momentum up by testing the new system. We want to make our new Rated Battlegrounds the best they can be!