Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yup affliction been dumbed down, I want Siphon and Imo back into it. Guess it would bring lots of rebalance of PvP so it wont happen sadly.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by loki504 View Post
    its for 80% hp or above. its used as a opener either the soulburn way or just casting.

don't worry abbout it 2 much
    Not any more, and its not that difficult see my post =D

Affliction is actually way easier than Destruction atm and as Jessika says it does need something to add to it, but not this. Soul Fire-ing as Aff would just feel wrong. However at level 85 15% Haste on all DOTs and spells will be gold dust, so it probably would be added to the rotation. A new Felhunter DOT that hits moderately hard would be cool, its something that wouldn't break PvP in any way (if anything it will slightly increase skill cap of a locks play) and would get Aff to use the iconic pet again.

Also if any proof is needed that Destruction is pretty tough to play perfectly right now, go have a look at the top DPS logs of Rotface. According to the perfect rotation they should have:

- uptime of Imp. Soul Fire as 'Total Duration of Fight' - 'Bloodlust/Heroism Duration' i.e. around 60%, because there are so many adds that don't die
    - 95+% uptime of both Immolate and Corruption
    - Bane of Doom up for at least 2 ticks per cast, otherwise not cast
    - Imp only attacking the boss and not on defensive attacking the adds occasionally
    - Conflagrate cast on cooldown
    - Shadowflame cast almost on cooldown (if in melee)
    - Infernal cast with as many buffs up as possible - looking at both trinkets (taking into account DFO stacks), T10 4-set, Bloodlust/Heroism/ISF and a Potion

I don't think there are any locks in these logs are doing this, so even the best locks in the world aren't doing the rotation perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    Not any more, and its not that difficult see my post =D
    As of this afternoon with 4.0.3 live, the 80% restriction is still active. So for the moment we're still only going to be using Soul Fire for the haste buff for 1/5 of a fight.

The argument of which is harder to play is nebulous. Both specs have just as many spells and abilities to track. Affliction is tracking three to four dots, two debuffs and ensuring that channeled spells go a maximum number of ticks before being dropped to refresh haunt of shadow bolt. Destruction your tracking three dots, two cooldowns and one personal buff. That's 7 possible timers for affliction and 6 for destruction. I fail to see how it's any harder to track Soul Fire than UA, Agony, Shadow Embrace or imp. shadow bolt.
    Last edited by Gnometoss; 2010-11-16 at 11:13 PM. Reason: For glaring grammar mistake.