Page 1 of 13
... LastLast

Are You Insane in the Membrane?

Are You Insane in the Membrane?
    Originally Posted by Lylirra (Blue Tracker)
    It's a question you've been asking us for a little while now. And, based on all the posts, emails, petitions, and letters we received following the announcement that the Insane in the Membrane achievement would no longer be in available in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm, we started to wonder if maybe we had gone a bit loco.

So, we went back to the drawing board. After carefully reviewing all the feedback and discussing the matter amongst ourselves, we're now happy to report that we will be making the following changes to the Feat of Strength:

• Exalted reputation with Shen'dralar will no longer be required. As this is the only reputation that will be unobtainable in Cataclysm, we've simply decided to remove it as a requirement.

For those who already earned Exalted reputation with this faction, don't worry -- we haven't forgotten about your accomplishments. In a future patch, we'll be adding in a separate Feat of Strength to recognize your deep love of Dire Maul.

• Bloodsail Buccaneer faction reputation will remain in-game. Also, to ensure that this change does not negatively affect Cataclysm quest progression in Stranglethorn Vale, Booty Bay Bruisers will now provide reputation up through Exalted.

This will ensure that players will still be able to attain Insane in the Membrane and "The Insane" title in World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. Please note, however, that these changes will not take effect until The Shattering in patch 4.0.3a -- excluding the separate "Exalted with Shen'dralar" feat, which will be introduced in a future, but currently-undetermined patch.

And, of course, those who are already Insane in the Membrane will retain their title and current Feat of Strength. Shine on, you crazy diamonds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yay, good news around the board.

good news for those who still want the title, bad news for those who already got shen'dralar reputation

except if said FoS gives another extra title. either way, I don't think just an extra FoS is worth the 50k gold it would take to get to exalted

10+ Year Old Account
    DAMMIT! I just sold all my darkmoon cards because I knew Id never finish it in time. CURSE YOU BLIZZARD!!! *grumbles and goes to the AH*

Yeeeees! No more pickpocketing. YES!

Sounds like a good compromise!

nice! had to laugh at the Shen'dralar rep part.. some friends of mine have gone crazy farming it this past weeks xD

It's a welcome change for me. I never started this because of the announcement that it would be removed so to speak... now I can : )

Quote Originally Posted by slashbase View Post
    Yeeeees! No more pickpocketing. YES!
    How do you figure? Ravenholt rep is STILL required!

YAY! Glad.

And, here's hoping for a title for Shen'dralar rep as a show of goodwill to those who ground it out for this.

Deleted
    I hate you guys. Thanks for fucking up Insane In The Membrane.
    A lot of us have spent A LOT of gold on PBDs and librams the last month, because we thought it wouldn't be obtainable anymore. Getting a new FoS doesn't mean anything. We wanted The Insane. Now it's not The Insane anymore.

Maybe, if I QQ enough, I will get Scarab Lord aswell. Right Blizzard?
    Last edited by mmoc18d252b473; 2010-11-10 at 05:39 PM.

holy shit, i know of people who spent over 50k gold on shendralar rep-stuff :O

So they removed the only one the forced you to do something (farm Blood of heroes etc), all the others can be obtained via trade chat or just make a group of 5 person and have 4 that are afk and got follow.

Thanks Blizzard, really.... After farming diamonds for weeks and paying 30k gold for all mats needed, you remove Shen'dralar rep 12hours after I've completed it...
    That Feat of Strength better give something unique and good...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael View Post
    Thanks Blizzard, really.... After farming diamonds for weeks and paying 30k gold for all mats needed, you remove Shen'dralar rep 12hours after I've completed it...
    it's just a feat of strength - nothing more. Perhaps they'd add a title to it or something later on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzrael View Post
    Damn my heart goes out to you.
    I breathe Shadows, Caress with fingers of razor-sharp steel, Weep tears of poison. Mine is the name of your sudden, messy, Death.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just sold about 30 librams, but oh well. A part of me hopes that you need to get exalted with Bloodsail AND exalted with all of Steemwheedle. That should be a somewhat decent compromise, and make it feel a bit more insane.

Kinda feel bad for those who farmed/bought all the mats for shen'dralar. What is it 20k+ gold/6 months for a FoS?

Jeeze least with Insane u got a awsome title.

Even though I never did it I hope blizz gives u guys who stood out with it a title also, or atleast a FoS that refers to Cypress Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalx View Post
    except if said FoS gives another extra title. either way, I don't think just an extra FoS is worth the 50k gold it would take to get to exalted
    Agreed