Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I have two druids right now - so, would I level a third?

Yeah, absolutely, druids rock.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm currently leveling a druid for an alt for the exact reason that you are. Not to mention it used to be my main class before I discovered the wonder of mages. I'd definitely stick with a mage as your main however if your looking to roll an alt druid are one of the best classes imo and thats why thats the first alt that I've started leveling. As you said lots of variety which is always good also I've found leveling one pretty fun, I'd definitely go feral for leveling unless your solely going through dungeon finder in which case resto also wouldn't be bad but I think it would be intolerably boring, especially at low levels. As feral I'd probably lean towards a bear spec as you can tank some dungeons and AoE pulling whilst leveling works well with bears and is a good way to level in my opinion as it makes it much more exiting having a fair bit of people attacking you at once. For profs i'd go herb/alch or herb/inscript especially if your a tauren due to +15 herb bonus however as druids herb is very easy to level as you can gather in all forms, even flight form which can be VERY handy later when gathering.

I'm thinking of making a Worgen Druid... maybe. And I'll have him with Leatherworking/Skinning since I have almost all othe profs.

Absolutely level a druid. The flexibility at max level is awesome, you get tons of tricks while leveling (stealth, instant flight). Never get bored because you can always switch to doing something else. Not being able to see your armor most of the time kinda bites, but you have to make some sacrifices. Just be glad you don't have to wait until level 20 to get cat form like I did back in the day.

I'm tempted to stop the NE druid alt I started now (already have an 80 tauren that i've been raiding with in bear/resto).
    I"ll be leveling a Worgen and Troll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainell View Post
    Which is exactly why Tree of Life is now a cooldown rather than permanent - at least you'll get to see your Resto gear...
    Thanks, I must have missed that.

0_o /eyeroll.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzkrieg Says View Post
    A spec for every role in game? Check.
    Unfortionatly it doesn't help just having the specc. You also need gear, and this is where the pain starts.
    You'll need cat, bear, chicken and tree gear. Double that if you want pve and pvp.

But I would totally level another druid. Think I'd level as a bear with Herbalism and Mining..
    Instant cast flight form + multi-tracking = win ;-)

i dont lvl the same class twice. I cant do it

Derailed the Cereal Thread

10+ Year Old Account
    Funny, I've levelled every class over level 70, except for paladins and druids, never thought of them as viable alt material for myself. I guess different people = different tastes.
    "The truth, my goal."

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on it, I didn't want to spend money on a race change or realm transfer of my druid so I deleted it (had a full set of gear from the naxx t7-7.5 time). I'm definitely going to make a troll druid. Boomkin was fun in wrath, bu this time I think I'm making it feral.
    "Believing something is not an accomplishment. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because “strength of belief” is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. Listen to any “die-hard” conservative or liberal talk about their deepest beliefs and you are listening to somebody who will never hear what you say on any matter that matters to them — unless you believe the same. Wherever there is a belief, there is a closed door."

somewhat yes, but i'm currently annoyed with the state of low level druid tanking... actually druid tanking in general is now my least favorite tanking after the 4.01 changes.

at this point in the game, with the LFG tool, i really enjoy leveling alts as either tanks or healers, cuz it's fun to get the instant groups.

not have a single aoe threat ability until 36 would suck for tanking instances.... and even at 36, only one, on a cooldown(6 seconds is forever if your swipe missed 3 or 4 adds that are now beating on your healer). blizz can say all they want about how the game is too AoE right now and they intended to nerf it, but druids were the only tank really noticeably hurt by the AoE tank nerfs(warriors actually came out ahead! blood and thunder!).

and if you think that your wailing caverns runs at level 20 are gonna wanna single target DPS at this stage in the games maturity(with everyone having full BoA) you're sadly mistaken.

warrior tanking is REALLY fun at low levels right now. getting blood and thunder right away at level 10-11 makes you a crazy good aoe tank, before you're even at a level where you can tank your first instance.

i might end up not hating druid tanking if blizz really sticks to their guns and every 5man starting at level 81 is tuned to where you must CC and single target, but i won't believe it until i see it.

in all other aspects though, i love druids... probably my favorite style of healing currently in the game.

I've leveled two Druids. I'll probably level another in Cata. It's a very fun class to level, because no matter what the situation calls for, Druids have an answer.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had so much fun leveling my druid as 4th toon (after priest, rogue and warrior). This is no doubt most enjoyable class to level. From first level I knew I will play as a cat (picked nickname Zomgdpscat), so now i'm feral/restoration. Looking forward to level druid second to 85 (after my main shadowpriest).
    Also, my professions are alchemy/herbalism which is not very bad dps-wise (picked these just to make flasks/pots for main through)

Same as the rest, in heartbeat.
    Failing druid I'd level a shaman. I'd never level a pure dps class again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mihir View Post
    Would level a 4th druid in a heartbeat
    AMEN!!! I am in the same boat as Mihir here, 4th druid in a freaking heart beat, if I'm lvling it for making gold then prob skinning and herbalism

Deleted
    Would I level another druid? Most certainly!

It's been my plan ever since I heard Worgen turned Alliance and could be druids, to level another. Both to get the Worgen starting zone experience in a non-bugged version (thanks a lot for that, Beta, only took me a few weeks to complete), but also to experience the shattered Azeroth the real way (meaning NOT sitting on my bird looking down on the destruction). I've been getting one of each class to 80, so most of them have skipped all the zones I knew I hated like the plague, and just went straight for Outlands. Now there's a reason to stay and enjoy the zones again. So I will. My dungeon running will be limited to a minimum, so I can get the most out of the new places and quests. I don't want to level too fast, so I won't be using XP heirlooms (trinkets and weapon is okay). This is not an alt I need to max level ASAP, it's one to actually ENJOY the content that will be mostly brand new, even to an experienced player like me...

I would never level another druid because i already have one... However, if i had to go back and change things then i would have definitely picked up Mining and Jewelcrafting from the beginning (Main spec is Tank MT) for the stat bonuses. Plus mining is very profitable for the amount of time you need to put in.

But i would definitely recommend a Druid, they cover all aspects of the game (with the exception of Range - Physical)

10+ Year Old Account
    On my second Druid atm
    >>> ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!! <<<

15+ Year Old Account
    I already have a level 67 druid, but I'm going to roll a new druid (troll) on release. Resto for dungeons and feral for soloing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've levelled Three

I leveled FERAL and raided RESTO on an Alliance Druid in Vanilla (back when Innetvate was out 31 point talent) Hard days, but I liked my Druid then. went from Molten Core to late AQ40. Anything I would say about this experience would be obsolete, so I wont.

In BC I switched to Horde, I levelled FERAL with a rogue friend and absolutely carved it up (talent changes make feral much smoother the second time). In BC I raided RESTO from Mag (skipped Gruul) to Sunwell. I switched back to FERAL and tanked heroics and raids to KT/Vashj in late BC for a change.

In Wrath, I levelled my Horde druid 70-80 as BALANCE with my brutal arena gear. Failkin levelling was quite fun then. Though less fun than with the new 4.0.1 talents. In early Wrath (Naxx>>ToC) I raided RESTO, cleared naxx, Uldar to Yogg, Toc full clear. I switched to FERAL for ICC and tanked every boss in the instance. I have also ran every boss in the instance as RESTO. FERAL tanking was amusing with Swipe off cooldown and Maul hitting 2 targets for full damage. FERAL tanking is still fun ffor single tanking, though currently, multi-mob tanking is a bit of a chore. At 81 we get thrash, a second AOE that will solve much of the current AoE issue. RESTO healing presently is a bit boring. The talents and intellect changes gave me 15k more mana, but my spell costs hardly changed. Right now, healing is a joke, come Cata, it will be balanced properly, and I look forward to this.

Currently I am levelling my 3rd druid (lvl70 now) with BoA cloth, weapon, trinketsx2. I am levelling it BALANCE outside of instances and RESTO in instances. Outside instances, I demolish anything, balance changes + eclipse mechanic + powerful dots + an understanding of Eclipse whoring mean I can keep myself in a Nature state for almost 100% of my BALANCE levelling (which means buffed moonfire (with talents that make it nature), buffed insect swarm). Inside instances, I BALANCE healed with 0 issues/zero wipes until I could buy dual spec, then specced RESTO. Swiftmend is your core talent and it is utterly OP from the get go. Rejuv ticks with the new talents are doing 20-30% of a tanks health per tick too. Efflorescence sould be eared around the time you do Mara and it makes instances very smooth (especially when you get to BC content and you start getting 2-4 DKs in each group). Mana is stupid right now too, With the BoAs, single pack pulling will never drop me below 95% mana. Double pack pulls are easy and triple pack pulls mean you might need to innervate or drink once or twice per instance.

If I had to pick a spec I liked the least, it would be BALANCE. I cant bring myself to respect it as a DoT caster or a DD caster. The mechanics are fun, but I will always feel this spec to be inferior, and the least useful of our specs. In this however I am biased by having a warlock, who, In my experience was top caster dps in Vanilla (There was only one Mage in my AQ40 progression guild who could *sometimes* surpass me). Top DPS in BC (I was top guild dps from Mag to Sunwell, the only other contestant was another warlock who was able to beat me after I started raiding as a druid). In Wrath, I was never serious as a warlock, but I was usually top dps through ToC and ICC (skipped Naxx and Uld due to late levelling)

The one spec I have never played is FERALCAT. While post 4.0.1 I have played around with glyph changes while CATing in BEARgear, I honestly cant comment on this spec.

TL : DR = You want a class that is varied, can level whatever, can change however they want, can fill whatever role is needed. Be a druid. We are delicious.
    Last edited by Cyphran; 2010-11-11 at 04:35 PM. Reason: + Bold!