Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

minor feral nerfs 4.2

•Druids now gain 1 attack power per point of Strength, down from 2. They continue to gain 2 attack power per point of Agility while in Cat Form or Bear Form.
    •Entangling Roots and the equivalent spell triggered by Nature's Grasp no longer deal damage.

so no more +35 or +50 str on gloves enchant i gues +22 agility or +50 mastery not sure witch one is better then.
    no more doubel benefitting from +15 of +20 stats on chest.
    NO MORE DOUBLE BENEFIT FROM STRENGTH OF EARTH TOTEM!!! (this is like a 1700 850 AP loss)

so in total i gues we loose like 1800 900 AP? :/

and we wont be able to use natures grasp to boost our aoe damage (after we pulled argo whit swipe ofc)
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2011-05-03 at 08:22 AM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

I really hope they will compensate for this somewhere else, otherwise it's pretty retarded since feral PvE DPS is already low.

10+ Year Old Account
    Swipe? Lol. JK. Good luck with getting compensation. :/
    I used to like WoW. I still do, but I used to, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by urban dictionary
    Terms such as "baddie" do nothing to help remove the socially-inept, tone-deaf loser stigma stuck on gamers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Playintrafic View Post
    Does it matter? PvP matters as much as pet battles.

15+ Year Old Account
    oke i just realsied this calculation is a bit off since we still get 1 AP per str, so instead of loosing like 1800AP we loose like 900AP
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Way to go fixing our scaling issue :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm so glad I don't play any more. I feel sorry for you guys
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

I can't imagine why they would change this. The only strength item even close to worth picking up is the Sinestra ring which like 0.01% of all ferals will have a shot at, and then it's not even BiS. It's just a straight-up nerf for the spec that needs a buff the most.

according to the simulation with the T11.5 BiS (379)

900 Ap => 1053 dps

it's like you loose your wrist, not very cool. But the nerf will be decrease at the 4.2 with the up of the stuff

and maybe, we will have something to compensate.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nevakee716 View Post
    according to the simulation with the T11.5 BiS (379)

900 Ap => 1053 dps

it's like you loose your wrist, not very cool. But the nerf will be decrease at the 4.2 with the up of the stuff

and maybe, we will have something to compensate.
    hmm yes that is more of a loss then i expected. but since we will suck even mroe i gues blizzard will buff mangle and shreds damage to compasate (again lol)

---------- Post added 2011-05-03 at 09:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rioo View Post
    I can't imagine why they would change this. The only strength item even close to worth picking up is the Sinestra ring which like 0.01% of all ferals will have a shot at, and then it's not even BiS. It's just a straight-up nerf for the spec that needs a buff the most.
    the str mace on ZA (or was it the other instance) is better then a 346 blue agi mace, kittys use str enchant on gloves. and i gues str items in the next tier would have been minor upgrades over a 359 agi item so they wanted to prevent that i gues.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

Deleted
    "Stealth now once again begins its cooldown once the rogue leaves Stealth."

I guess prowl is getting changed too. I was mclovin it when farming mobs

Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    the str mace on ZA (or was it the other instance) is better then a 346 blue agi mace, kittys use str enchant on gloves. and i gues str items in the next tier would have been minor upgrades over a 359 agi item so they wanted to prevent that i gues.
    Ahh yes, I use the gloves enchant myself actually, but I was thinking about items since that's the only thing that can affect other players, like if some feral would ninja strength items from say a warrior. I haven't looked at the loot tables in ZG/ZA that much so yeah might be some strength item there for ferals. On the other hand, there's also a agility staff perfectly itemized if I'm not mistaken.

It might be easier to balance us around the assumption that strength is worse then agility (which it should be). This is the first patch notes we've seen, I wouldn't be too worried. If they are happy with our overall damage then they will compensate in other areas. Its good to get the issue on their radar however.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    It might be easier to balance us around the assumption that strength is worse then agility (which it should be). This is the first patch notes we've seen, I wouldn't be too worried. If they are happy with our overall damage then they will compensate in other areas. Its good to get the issue on their radar however.
    Strength was worse than agility before this nerf anyway, but I agree that it might be easier to balance us around only using agility somehow.

I don't think it changes balance at all. For the most part the strength each feral has is static from buffs and totems, glove enchants and possibly the sinestra ring. Removing that stactic amount doesn't really affect scaling.

15+ Year Old Account
    well yeh blizzard wil fix our dps tobe on an equal level as other classes either in 4.2 or 4.3 we will see
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a homogenization change, which is probably coming in line with a mechanics adjustment in 4.2. They wouldn't nerf our single target raid buffed dps when it's already about 6-8% behind in heroic gear, when we're going up an entire tier, and if they do, our numbers will be even lower, enough that they will have to adjust us. Not a bad thing.

I think mostly this is to help casuals realize that bears should only be using agi jewelry.
    God is a comedian playing to an audience that is afraid to laugh. ~ Voltaire

Good job blizzard, nerf a class that's already below average...
    Ah well, let's see what else they have in store for ferals with 4.2...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    •Druids now gain 1 attack power per point of Strength, down from 2. They continue to gain 2 attack power per point of Agility while in Cat Form or Bear Form.
    •Entangling Roots and the equivalent spell triggered by Nature's Grasp no longer deal damage.

so no more +35 or +50 str on gloves enchant i gues +22 agility or +50 mastery not sure witch one is better then.
    +65 Mastery..?

And I can't say the Entangling Roots/NG nerf is a nerf to Feral at all, or am I missing something...?

I mean, even if you use it, it hits for like....0.

Guess the Str nerf is a pretty decent DPS loss for all you PvE Ferals out there though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depending on your team, it might hurt you in PvP too. Most successful combo is Hunter / Feral / healer, which can have Roar of Courage or Strength of Earth totem (rotated, naturally).

And I don't see the problem with the Roots/NG change. If anything, it's a buff because it won't break randomly from its own damage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duilliath View Post
    Depending on your team, it might hurt you in PvP too. Most successful combo is Hunter / Feral / healer, which can have Roar of Courage or Strength of Earth totem (rotated, naturally).
    It will hurt Ferals second best option as well (Bleed/Kittycleave) ---> Battle Shout.