Deleted

Gathering proffesions in Cata.

I've heard rumors that prices for Cata herbs, hides and ores are going to be insanely high a few weeks/months after launch. I'm considering dropping ench and eng to go mining/herbalist when cata launches, and then go alch/engi when the prices have settled down a bit.

Would this be a good idea? Or would it be a waste of money?

-Evela.

PS: What about wotlk ores and herbs? I guess their prices are gonna go up too, because there's no one farming it and people still need it for leveling? Would it be stupid to stockpile herbs and ores now, and resell a couple months after cata launch?

Wotlk ores and herbs should go up since Van/BC prices went up for BC / WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    I've heard rumors that prices for Cata herbs, hides and ores are going to be insanely high a few weeks/months after launch. I'm considering dropping ench and eng to go mining/herbalist when cata launches, and then go alch/engi when the prices have settled down a bit.

Would this be a good idea? Or would it be a waste of money?

-Evela.

PS: What about wotlk ores and herbs? I guess their prices are gonna go up too, because there's no one farming it and people still need it for leveling? Would it be stupid to stockpile herbs and ores now, and resell a couple months after cata launch?
    I think that when you drop a profession and relearn it later on, it starts back at 0, are you sure that you are going to make that much money that leveling eng again is going to be worth it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrisUy View Post
    I think that when you drop a profession and relearn it later on, it starts back at 0, are you sure that you are going to make that much money that leveling eng again is going to be worth it?
    I do know that proffesions resets at 0 when you relearn them.. ._.

Well, yeah, I think it's gonna be worth it if the cata ore/herb/hide prices are way over the top.

Deleted
    why dont you get an alt and get both gathering proffessions on them?
    nothing to lose more win?

im doing it now too rather get it done before cataclysm so i wont be like : where am i supposed to go now!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiing View Post

im doing it now too rather get it done before cataclysm so i wont be like : where am i supposed to go now!
    This
    I went to the woods bc I wished to live deliberately to front only the essential facts of life & see if I could not learn what it had to teach & not when I came to die discover that I had not lived.

10+ Year Old Account

I am sure almost everyone has a DK or some class that they hardly play - You can power level Herbing/Mining in about 2 day (per profession) so why don't you just do that?

10+ Year Old Account

agreed, sames
    Please only PM ONE ARTIST @ a time

|My Work|PM Requests:Closed| Sorry No Guild Banners|
    Please include complete Armory Link in your request AND make sure your helm is displaying or not displaying as per your request

Actually with dual tracking, I managed to "powerlevel" both professions in about 3 days of moderate farming, if you consider putting about 20 hours moderate for something that took me at least 50% more time before dual tracking.

Best combo for any alts