Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Traversing through The Luminiferous Aether.
    Quote Originally Posted by Artemsadictos View Post
    Know Your Lore @ wow.com(advertising?) said that Humans are from Vrykul(those tall humanoids in Northrend).
    yep they are, if you do any of the quests in borean tundra it pretty much shouts it at you.

yeah that quest is pro you basically learn that humans were a genetic defected/deformed version of the vrykul and king yimiron ordered that all children born like that to be killed off. Yet some of the parents couldn't bring themselves to do it so they sent their children away to far away lands. congratulations humans your the genetic rejects of the vrykul.

According to
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Trolls
    There was two races to begin with on azeroth the azj'aqir and the trolls after years upon years of battle the aqir split into two tribes in the north and south. Some years later, this cant be confirmed or denied atm but the night elves could be mutated off-shoot from trolls, night elves showed up at the well of eternity eventually making in empire to challenge the trolls and beat them back with superior magic. This is until the burning legion noticed and decided to interfere with the events of the world.
    Last edited by Plexiforce; 2010-11-10 at 09:04 PM.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Blizz's have encouraged players to think Night-elves once were Trolls. They've never said it, my thought of this opinion is they want us to motivate us, to explore the Troll and Night-Elf Archaelogy trees to find it out ourselves, instead of just saying it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Traman View Post
    Neither, they would have to evolve into a hen. Gotcha
    he never mentioned a hen egg, he just said a egg.
    So the egg of the pre-cursor to the hen.

Yes, actually the trolls are descendants from the elves. But the first elves were the dark elves and high elves. I'm guessing though the trolls became somewhat corrupted and that's why they are ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiden View Post
    Other way around, the trolls believe the elves were descended from them, they came first.
    Yes, Trolls came first, but I feel it's more accurate to describe Trolls as the primitive cave-man-like ancestors of the modern fully evolved Night Elves.

(No, that doesn't make Blood Elves even more evolved. They are just degenerate junky descendants on an evolutionary dead end.)

Please note: This post is 100% biased and not supported by any facts whatsoever.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeriel View Post
    Trolls existed before the Titans arrived. Therefore Trolls came before Dwarves.

Humans fit into it because they are descendents of the Valkyr. (There is a series of Alliance quests in Howling Fjord about that.) Valkyr are also Titan creations, so Trolls MAY be the first humanoids on Azeroth. There is some argument about the original goblins, Taurahe, and possibly Moonkin and Furlbogs (Elune's creations) existing before the Titans, but that also depends on if we ever learn who/what Elune is.
    Vrykul, not Val´kyr - they are the harbingers of the lich king.

Best diagram evar. + all the internets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hits start.
    Opens bag.
    Selects WELL OF ETERNITY. Selects USE.
    Selects TROLL.

Whats this..?
    TROLL is evolving!
    DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUN DUUUN DUN DUN DUN DUN.
    Congradulations! Your TROLL has evolved into NIGHT ELF!

Thats pretty much what happened.
    I originally stummbled across the idea that Trolls turned into Night Elves in a book in Booty Bay.
    I'm not sure if Blizz said "it is thought that Trolls.." just to keep it a mystery or if they thought that players would
    hit the fan if Blizz said "yes, trolls turned into nelfs."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mage505 View Post
    Yes, actually the trolls are descendants from the elves. But the first elves were the dark elves and high elves. I'm guessing though the trolls became somewhat corrupted and that's why they are ugly.
    I would term you a troll, but thats giving even you way too much credit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay..who created Trolls then? Or maybe you`re suggesting they evolutioned like amebas?
    they did, the titans only made dwarves, gnomes and humans.
    Tauren,Trolls,Night elfs, Goblins they all evolved naturally.

---------- Post added 2010-11-10 at 08:51 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by u9k13tjc View Post
    Actually its you who have failed to understand what is an abstract question about cyclical logic, its not actually about evolution.
    It is the question that is flawed, it was originally posited before the idea of evolution was thought of. If there is an answer, then the logic is no longer cyclical is it?
    therefore I'm still right muahahaha.
    Last edited by GeorgeParty; 2010-11-10 at 08:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mage505 View Post
    Please read all the other responses in this thread, because you are completely off about lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grokan View Post
    Yelling at the leaky gas tank is much less effective than patching it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alskafanta View Post
    Who came first the hen or the egg?
    The egg.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just from the wowpedia site

The trolls are presumed to be Azeroth's first sentient race, not including the titan constructs who would later suffer the Curse of Flesh. From Zandalar, they spread across Kalimdor and formed great empires, most notably the Gurubashi and Amani. Later, the Azj'Aqir empire rose in the west, forcing the trolls to better defend their major holdings. With pressure from their trollish enemies, the empire of the aqir collapsed and split into the qiraji and the nerubian kingdoms.

Around this time, the elves appeared in Kalimdor. Using the potent magics of the Well of Eternity (a legacy of the titans), the elves broke troll influence in many regions and established a magocratic empire. At the height of kaldorei power, however, the Burning Legion invaded Azeroth, inciting the War of the Ancients. The night elves were forced to destroy the Well, which caused a Great Sundering that split the ancient supercontinent of Kalimdor apart — creating several continents, Northrend, the Eastern Kingdoms (continents of Azeroth, Khaz Modan, and Lordaeron), and "Kalimdor".

10+ Year Old Account
    That diagram tears down a lot of facts/speculation that was told in this post.
    Still, looks like Earthen were before everyone else in Azeroth
    I know. Most of the charts are out of date due to the new lore from Wrath and Pre-Cataclysm. Plus, I'm the guy who made it (the most recent one.)

It might not be perfect, but I want to make it better and then submit it to Wowpedia/Wowwiki.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

actually that brings up the point what did cause the vrykul to start birthing humans?
    the vrykul were made flesh along with the earthen long ago so it cant be the old gods.
    the arcane maybe? no there no where near where the well was.
    could yimiron be correct in blaming the titans? could they of decided to end the vrykul to prevent them from wiping out the other seed races?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Animorpheus View Post
    Trolls > Night elves > Highborne > High elves > Humans?
    Humans aren't involved in Troll evolution. We've always been around, right?
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ "In short, people are idiots who don't really understand anything." ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥
    [/url]
    ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥ ⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥⛥

10+ Year Old Account
    ooooh so goblins are related to trolls? nice piece o info there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by palpableimmunity View Post
    Humans aren't involved in Troll evolution. We've always been around, right?
    Iron Vykrul -> Vykrul -> Azotha -> Human

That is the Human evolution line. It's mostly confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by psdew1813 View Post
    ooooh so goblins are related to trolls? nice piece o info there
    Goblins exist (as they do today) due to the mining of Kaja'mite forced upon them by Jungle trolls. I wasn't sure what kind of line to use when I made it, and it ended up Solid. We don't know if the Goblins before were lesser Trolls or very primitive Goblins.
    Last edited by Ken_Silver; 2010-11-10 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Editing, etc.

"With King's Light and Lion's Roar, By kingdom's pact, our spirits soar, Against the Darkness, we stand in defiance, Even in death, Glory to the Alliance!" - Ken Silver, Human Hunter

I remember reading somewhere the question about murlocs and how the titans didn't make them. It was also hinted in the first post that they might be the trolls ancestors. Not sure where I saw it but I do remember seeing it on a blizz site..