Question about stats

Hello i know that cata is coming a few weeks and what i ask will be most likely meaningless by then, but i still wanna know.

About 1 week ago i started playing wow again after a long break i tried looking on the forums here and at ejerks but i could find what stats should i focus now for each spec.

Example of old stats what i knew for arcane was hit>spellpower/haste>crit.

So now what should i focus for

Fire hit> ??? > ??? > ??? > ???

Frost hit> ??? > ??? > ??? > ???

Arcane hit> ??? > ??? > ??? > ???

that mastery thing as i heard is only usefull for frost and arcane.

Deleted
    Not 100% sure but for fire: hitcap>available haste softcap>int>crit

15+ Year Old Account
    Just going to ignore int since it is the single most weighted and valuable stat, so putting it on a list is a bit pointless.

Moving past hit caps:

Fire- haste till soft cap->crit->mastery

Frost- mastery->crit till soft cap->haste

Arcane- mastery~haste->crit
    BfA Beta Time

Fire- haste till soft cap->crit->mastery
    You say haste till soft cap, numbers and % of that cap would be helpful in a topic like this. So others don't have to go searching for it.

I thought for Arcane it was 33% crit > Mastery > 20% haste (or something close to those numbers).

Edit;

I took a moment into looking at what the soft haste cap is.

I'm unsure if this correct or not though.

With 2/3 Netherwind Presence and the 5% spell haste buff, exactly how much haste % do I need to achieve a 6th DoT tick on my Living Bomb/Pyroblast/Frostfire Bolt?

-----

Answering my own question I did some ingame testing and I found out that at 22.14% haste I have only 5 ticks, but at 22.46% I will have 6 ticks, so I set my haste soft cap around 22.46%, after that I reforged into mastery (I could get +44% fire damage on DoTs with this soft haste cap), maintaining a selfbuffed (Molten Armor only) 47-50% crit.

I am also using FFB and FB glyph, mainting the FFB DoT in the rotation. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I will get the most overall damage with this way of gearing and using this rotation.
    Last edited by Kosic; 2010-11-11 at 09:48 AM.

5 ticks = 166 haste rating on gear (According to the character pane) with 2 points in netherwind presence and 5% raid buff
    6 ticks = 931 haste rating on gear (According to the character pane) with 2 points in netherwind presence and 5% raid buff

Thats @ lvl 80 anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Cryssa View Post
    5 ticks = 166 haste rating on gear (According to the character pane) with 2 points in netherwind presence and 5% raid buff
    6 ticks = 931 haste rating on gear (According to the character pane) with 2 points in netherwind presence and 5% raid buff

Thats @ lvl 80 anyway.
    So is it worth going for 931haste, then going for crit?

I got 757haste (23.09%), and 912 crit (31.58%), with hit rating at 18.22%. So is it worth me dropping some hit for that haste amount (think i can get around 880 without changing my trinket).

The armory doesn't show what is reforged and what isn't;
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...n=Myrdd%C3%ADn

Not sure why people are putting so much into mastery before cata. People cant forge enough mastery on their gear to make a diff so its pointless to put any on right now.
    Hit Cap > Haste (till soft cap) > Int

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nerfproof View Post
    Not sure why people are putting so much into mastery before cata. People cant forge enough mastery on their gear to make a diff so its pointless to put any on right now.
    Hit Cap > Haste (till soft cap) > Int
    44% increased damage to frozen targets would like a word with you.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Old thread is old, but in matters of fire haste soft cap - what about 2pT10 ?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avezo View Post
    Old thread is old, but in matters of fire haste soft cap - what about 2pT10 ?
    You would have to reapply DoTs during that duration for them to benefit from the haste, which would be a DPS loss when compared to chain casting.

Basically, you want your static haste (makes no sense rhetorically but go with it), aka the percent you have with just raid buffs/gear, sans procs, to be at...35 or 37% (doing law school apps so I have no idea about the exact number) to get the extra ticks. Anything past that only serves to buff your fireball/FFB cast time.
    BfA Beta Time

Deleted
    Arcane: Hitcap > Mastery > Crit to 33%+(not higher than 39% though) > Haste

Reforge every single item into mastery while keeping around 33% crit.