Thread: 32bit OS?

32bit OS?

Currentlly i have to get a 32bit operating system for a work at home job i plan on getting. Im going to be running it off my extra hard drive and install a boot loader so i load it when its time to work and unload it when im not working. I just have a few questions about it. Will it have any negative effects on my playing wow off of my seperat partition that has no OS On it? Will all my programs run the same on this 32bit OS? Main reason im asking is becuase iv never had a 32bit since XP.

Err... Why are you running separate OS for work and play? There's no difference for gaming performance in various Windows versions. For example Home Premium and Enterprise versions of Win7 run at exactly same speed while playing games.

Also you might have confused 32/64 bit there few times, or your story is just really hard to follow for some other reason.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

If you use win 7 you can select OS you want to boot into IE XP or Win 7.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Err... Why are you running separate OS for work and play? There's no difference for gaming performance in various Windows versions.
    Some applications such as the Avid Media Composer will seriously mess with overall windows performance when editing registry, adding emulated devices and doing other hocus pocus in order to add support for their hardware media mojos. (Avid is just an example, I'm sure it's probably another application in this case.) Point being there might just be a reason to keep some software on a separate OS install should you be hardcore enough.

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    or your story is just really hard to follow for some other reason
    This! OP please take some time into some further explanation. I really don't get it or something.
    Last edited by Wries; 2010-11-10 at 11:46 PM.

Ok im sorry here is what i currently have. Hard drive one has My main OS i have now wich is Windows 7 64bit. Second Hard drive has my music and wow folder and all my games on it. Third Hard drive will have windows 7 32 bit. The third hard drive will be used for the job im getting. What i need to know is what CANT i do on a 32bit as compared to a 64bit windows 7 OS.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't run some Adobe CS5 applications. I believe both premiere and after effects are x64 only. This is ofc only an issue if you happen to need those applications. If I were you I'd check up each app you will be running for work and make sure they all have a 32 bit version. (Of course 32 bit applications are still the norm and this is just me being overly cautious.)

You can't make use of more than about 3.5 GB of RAM.

WoW performance will be the same.
    Last edited by Wries; 2010-11-10 at 11:53 PM.