Poll: harry potter or twilight

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movies] Harry Potter VS twilight

so lets see who is not affraid for admitting they read/saw one of those

its quite easy what do you choose harry potter or twillight and why

i choose harry potter why: twilight has sparkles
    when i die ... i won't drop any loot mwhahahaha

Well, I like harry potter better. I have all the books and have seen all the movies. However, I have in fact read and seen all the twilight movies. In twilight's case, the books have been better than all the movies. /shame On a side note, I really hope they get the last movie for twilight right....which seems to me, like it would be almost impossible for them to do based off their other movies.
    Words are a wonderful form of communication, but they will never replace kisses and punches. ~Ashleigh Brilliant

I read Harry Potter's books, and plan to finish the movie series as well. And at least where I live, there are FAR more cute chicks that like Harry Potter than those who like twilight.

Harry Potter, I finished the last book a while ago. Read it in about 19 hours and it was amazing. I'm actually glad that it's in two movies, I'm just sad they're 6 months or so apart.

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, only thing that are similar are that they were both books going to movies. Harry Potter all the way though. They created a whole new world, it has it's own themepark. The books were far better than twilight, as were the movies. and Emma Watson is cute so, gotta give it to Harry.

Clearly Harry Potter.

However, you should be comparing True Blood to Twilight since they both are in the same type of genre.

10+ Year Old Account
    Twilights doing well
    Oh wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    and Emma Watson is cute so, gotta give it to Harry.
    Most definitely! Absolutely gorgeous AND doesn't do the whole Megan-Fox-Sluttify-yourself thing.

And just something to add about Twilight:

DOES THAT LOOK LIKE A NEW MOON TO YOU

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't comment on something that I haven't at least sampled myself. To be honest, in literature, I don't like either series....but Rowling is the better writer. Don't get me wrong, she's not great just better than Meyer. I use the word "literature" loosely in Meyer's case (yeah, I think it's that bad). In movies, I still give it to Harry Potter. Specifically because I thought it was cast very well.

Deleted
    It's completely retarded comparison anyway, like comparing documentary film to Saw.

Deleted
    You can't honestly put them on the same level: one has a more diverse audience, a vast magical setting, a classic battle between good and evil, humor... generally good writing, whilst the other has none of those merits, and turned vampires into the literary equivalent of soap opera characters who sparkle. I admit I'm biased: I read the whole Harry Potter series from start (as a kid) to finish (as an adult), whilst I could only bear to sample a few pages from the Twilight Books, it simply was that bad.

Like said, the only thing you can somewhat comparable between the two is that they've been made into movies, and the hype that's created around them, but I'd argue there's still a difference when it comes to actually deserving the acclaim.

twilight.........new moon, eclipse, breaking drawn.................................is my fav. novel as well as movie
    i have also watch harry potter series also....................but i give preference to twilight

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    However, you should be comparing True Blood to Twilight since they both are in the same type of genre.
    --> true blood would win
    Quote Originally Posted by Naidia View Post
    and Emma Watson is cute so, gotta give it to Harry.
    --> good point, but not something that you should base your opinion on

i find all harry potter movies a /fail, they are too different from the books but on the otherhand i will be in the cinema the first day the movie comes out becaus well... got to see them all and the effects are Awsome

Not really sure how you can compare these two as the only thing they have in common is they are both books that got turned into movies.

Like comparing apples and llamas

10+ Year Old Account
    how can you not compare them ??
    they are two fictional stories just say wich one do you like more

10+ Year Old Account
    Harry Potter... both series of books are crap, but the movies for Harry Potter are awesome - great cast, truncated and edited stories that make sense, classic good vs. evil overall plot. The Twilight books and movies are just over-hyped teenage girl fuel, poorly written, poorly cast, and the overall plot is one of the worst messages to deliver to young women - "it's okay to be in a relationship that shouldn't be because the guy sparkles." Honestly, the dialog of the Twilight movies is worse than George Lucas's worst... and that's saying something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko View Post
    Honestly, the dialog of the Twilight movies is worse than George Lucas's worst... and that's saying something.
    This is so true it's almost frightening.

The fact is, even if vampires didn't sparkle in the Twilight series, the books would still be horrendous.

Deleted
    Harry Potter... both series of books are crap, but the movies for Harry Potter are awesome - great cast, truncated and edited stories that make sense, classic good vs. evil overall plot. The Twilight books and movies are just over-hyped teenage girl fuel, poorly written, poorly cast, and the overall plot is one of the worst messages to deliver to young women - "it's okay to be in a relationship that shouldn't be because the guy sparkles." Honestly, the dialog of the Twilight movies is worse than George Lucas's worst... and that's saying something.
    Did you just say that harry potter books suck? O.o

Dude the Harry Potter series, outside of the little hiccup about viewing venus at midnight, is pretty damn awesome. It feels a little infantile to be reading books written for preteens at 20, but they're still great stories.

10+ Year Old Account
    Badpaladin,

I'm 37 and I am not the target audience Rowling wrote for. So by me saying it's crap, it's understandable coming from a 30's perspective after having read so many other authors (and her first book was rejected by 12 publishers meaning others would seem to agree with me). If I were 15-20, I would probably say they are the best thing since sliced bread, since almost every teen I have asked about their opinion on the books mimic that sentiment. I do know that she worked with the screenwriter for the movies and thankfully she let the changes that were necessary for the movies be made because the movies are, in my opinion, instant classics. I just watched all of them again (well over 10 times each) to get ready for the next movie coming out the 19th and I still love them.