Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Brashara View Post
    Ret does very little holy damage. He's wondering if there's a point to using it, not what it physically does.

Many retadins are complaining about feeling like warriors because of their holy damage, so its obvious one begins to wonder what the point of a holy damage increase is.

ahh u see well lets see what it does buff..

holy wrath
    consecrate
    exorcism
    judgement
    censure/seal truth or righteous
    hammer of wrath

is divine storm holy? i dont play a ret so not sure.

is 3 hp for 30 seconds of plus 30% damage worth it, ie does it all add up to one TV/DS? myself i would of thought so. definitely has to be worth popping before avenging wrath and hammer of wrath spam surely?

Oh the speculations !
    I wouldn't be concerned about the usefulness of abilities. Blizzard has gone to great length to get rid of / change useless abilities in the last few months. Also I am almost sure Zealotry will get changed at some point (I sure hope so)...

As for Inquisition.
    As a beta tester I can only say that I don't feel that Inquisition is a useless ability. It's not as dps defining as Savage Roar has been for druids in most of WotLK. It's a fun ability, you have to plan out your moves in combat. "Is it worth using Inquisition? Well I will pop Avenging Wrath on this fight, so I better get Inquisition up for the duration of it!" (might not use it for quick combat where I won't get much Art of War (free Exorcism) procs or other sources of holy damage) - I find that fun and rewarding gameplay.

But you do certainly make some valid points in here and I love some if the ideas, like Agathons. At any rate I wouldn't worry about abilities at this point. We are still in beta... And i have no doubt that Blizzard knows what they are doing and will change things for the better, although they are human, so it might not be instant perfection all the time.

Listen to me ranting on...

And for the record
    Inquisition : +30% holy damage, duration = 10 sec + 10 sec for each Holy Power consumed, if you have 3 talent points in Inquiry of Faith.
    As for Reith question. I would speculate for all the damage to be holy damage, I will check this next time I am online.

So the direct answer to the subject of what the point of Inquisition is. It is to make your gameplay more variated, making you consider your action in combat.
    Last edited by Xadion; 2010-11-11 at 09:06 AM.
    Any post or reply from me is based on the knowledge and thought patterns relative to my mind. They are, in all fairness, subjective.
    I don't deal in absolutes as I believe in learning and adapting. My every action is a result of calculation and choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    I probably try that after I can stop laughing at that male human premade paladin.
    OT: What a worthless post. Considering that original wow paladins were Humans and Dwarfs...

the 2 biggest complaints rets have about their current design is inq being such a tiny gain that it dosnt feel worth using and out mastery

i think they should change our mastery too your weapon based attacks deal X% more damage as holy damage increased by mastery

so say its 20% u get a 10k TV it deals 10K physical 2.6K holy (the .6 is from inq) you then crusader strike for 5k and deal an additional 1.3k damage
    would also work on divine storm
    and maybe auto attacks

but if rets dont end up using inq then they will probably end up with something like TVs damage getting cut in half but it deals double damage while under the effects of inq or something equally retarded to force us into it

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 01:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    OT: What a worthless post. Considering that original wow paladins were Humans and Dwarfs...
    i think what he ment was that human males look funny which alot of people to think...this humorous apearance may be increased by the premade gear

Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Err, no it wouldn't. Lowering your holy damage output by 6% doesn't lessen Inquisition's effect twofold, which is why I'm thinking it's going to be around 20 seconds of uninterrupted use to be worth the cast.
    are you taking into account that there'll be a full 5 stack of censure on the target when you pop inq. for it to be worth casting? in which case we'd have to actually apply those stacks in the fist place that takes around 10-12 seconds already. or popping inq asap in a fight you know is gonna be quite long? so having inq up when you only have about 2 stacks and dpsing with it up for about 6-8 secounds and then reaching 5 stack

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anandor View Post
    are you taking into account that there'll be a full 5 stack of censure on the target when you pop inq. for it to be worth casting? in which case we'd have to actually apply those stacks in the fist place that takes around 10-12 seconds already. or popping inq asap in a fight you know is gonna be quite long? so having inq up when you only have about 2 stacks and dpsing with it up for about 6-8 secounds and then reaching 5 stack
    Inquisition, as is, probably won't be worth using for short fights - theres a ramp up time, and the DPS gain (now) isn't worth the aggravataion of the ability and in PvP, IIRC, it'll be dispelled fairly often.

As such, you'll only need to really consider its use with all 5 stacks of censure up. Any other situation would be at the start of a fight and would have an impact, albeit likely a minor one.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but it's the butter on the proverbial extra burnt toast that is supposed to be Ret's ramp up time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Inquisition, as is, probably won't be worth using for short fights - theres a ramp up time, and the DPS gain (now) isn't worth the aggravataion of the ability and in PvP, IIRC, it'll be dispelled fairly often.

As such, you'll only need to really consider its use with all 5 stacks of censure up. Any other situation would be at the start of a fight and would have an impact, albeit likely a minor one.

EJL
    Every time i hear inquisition, i can't get the monty python "Spanish Inquisition " torture scene our of my head:

Apt don't you think....

Quote Originally Posted by BDF View Post
    Leave it in, maybe devs will change it to increase holy damage AND healing done....and then make ret's mastery increase it's effectiveness by a % per point.

and then we have both a damage increase and a healing utility (without it making ret OP healing due to our limited mana pools).

and where does that leave ret pvp? Worse off, but I'd rather get the mechanics issues fixed first before we worry about how pvp affects pve and vice versa.
    We can't heal in PvE without losing dps, other than once per minute with Holy Radiance, so this really won't help anything.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 08:24 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Its Electric View Post
    Not sure if it's been mentioned but it's the butter on the proverbial extra burnt toast that is supposed to be Ret's ramp up time.
    Come on man we have been utterly dominating PvP for 5 years, they had to up out ramp up time. Lulz.

Deleted
    I hate inquisition too, probably won't even put it on my bars.

Oh well, at Blizzcon GC mentioned that Inquisition will probably be one of the first things to be changed if they are satisfied with Ret complexity, let us pray :P.

didnt the "lulz" made it obvious?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Agathon View Post
    didnt the "lulz" made it obvious?
    Sorry did an all night shift at work and missing my morning caffeine fix.. Sorry Thumos... Ignore my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    Come on man we have been utterly dominating PvP for 5 years, they had to up out ramp up time. Lulz.
    Hey you must know: where can I find a ret at a world arena 3v3 tournament? Seriously, I wanna see a video of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Thumos View Post
    We can't heal in PvE without losing dps, other than once per minute with Holy Radiance, so this really won't help anything.
    Technically, that's still a dps loss due to the GCD, granted probably negligible in the grand scheme of things (especially when compared to WoG or the casted heals).

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    granted probably negligible in the grand scheme of things (especially when compared to WoG or the casted heals).
    Even a Word of Glory is "negligible in the grand scheme of things" but the real point to anyone here is:
    Technically, that's still a dps loss
    and thus ensuring their ability to almost rank on World of Logs is the deciding factor here for Paladins.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Uridawnblade View Post
    Sorry did an all night shift at work and missing my morning caffeine fix.. Sorry Thumos... Ignore my post.
    np.

---------- Post added 2010-11-12 at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    Technically, that's still a dps loss due to the GCD, granted probably negligible in the grand scheme of things (especially when compared to WoG or the casted heals).
    I hear at 85 a spare global cooldown isn't too hard to come by, though in later content with more haste it might be.