Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Does Blizzard Suck?

Do you have the credentials to prove it?
    It doesn't matter where I go, forum or in game I run into people complaining about one thing or another that they think Blizzard has done wrong and how stupid or clueless they are. I'm not saying these people are are right or wrong. You all know the phrase "pic or it didn't happen", well along the same principals as this I would like to put out there "When you work for a company that is kicking Blizzards but in the field Blizzard specializes in, THEN I will be inclined to give your complaint merit".

Before you claim Blizzard is horrible at...
    Patches/Glitches: Show me the work you have done on some other game to create and implement new patches or if you have never done work in this area at least name one game that releases the amount of new content that Warcraft gets without paying for it and does a better job of it.
    Maintenance/Server Problems: Show me your credentials in network and computer hardware installation/maintenance. If you have no experience in this area then please SHOW me one game any where near the size of WoW and caters to 11 million people and does not have the problems Blizzard faces every day.
    Class changes: Show me your experience in game testing and development. If you can not at least show that you have played all similar role classes during that content so you at least know which classes do better before complaining of a nerf.
    Customer support/GMs: Reference your experience as an in game support rep or another game as large as WoW and is more accommodating or faster.

I am not saying the people who QQ are wrong or right. I am just saying if you are going to call Blizz on something then PLEASE have something to back it up or you really do not have any idea what you are talking about.

***NOTE: Apparently a large portion of you stop reading half way through sentences. I did not say you HAVE to be able to do what they do in order to criticize. I did however say if you are going to criticize them on some aspect then reference someone else that DOES face the same issues and does much better.***
    Last edited by Verzerrung; 2010-11-11 at 05:07 AM. Reason: Clarafication

if they "suck", please explain me how they are selling the most played PTP mmorpg of history
    just to make it clear, I agree with your point :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried to explain this to the guild i just left. It was like teaching Calculus to 3 year olds

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I just found this in another thread. Its dedicated to all those that complain about the aforementioned.

It's called balancing.

Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.

Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    Way to read the post. I wish you could report people for not reading...

It's another one of those "I am ignorant of reality/the fact that things go wrong, take longer than planned are are more expensive than planned and want instant gratification" things. See American public's unreasonable impatience with setbacks in capping the oil leak and military programs. "CAP IT YESTERDAY WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU HAVE TO FIX PROBLEMS THAT YOU COULDN'T FORSEE/ MAKE THE PLANE FOR CHEAP BUT GOOD AND FAST NOW NO MORE DELAYS OR BEING OVER BUDGET"
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Deleted
    You suck.

/thread

Deleted
    Blizz = good
    Activision = good

Blizz + Activision = bad

10+ Year Old Account
    Yesterday I realised my bank had accidentally charged me. I called up their customer service line and spoke to an Indian agent who I had trouble understanding and who kept repeating himself. After putting me on hold for 30 minutes we finally got the issue resolved but I was pretty agitated about the whole thing.

I've been with my bank for 13 years and they've never given me an issue to speak with them before and their service has been excellent.

Do they suck? No. Do I have a right to complain about yesterday? Of course.
    Last edited by Brittany; 2010-11-11 at 04:10 AM.

You may want to look up Ad Hominen attacks in a list of logical fallacies. A criticicism of Blizzard stands on its own merits. It doesn't matter who made the point or what their credentials are. You are attacking the critics not the criticisms.

Deleted
    Blizzard is awesome.

Now Activision, well...

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have to be a chef to know what a shitty meal is. That being said, I think Blizz does an amazing job and people need to actually read your fucking post. !_!
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Yes, no one is allowed to criticize anything Blizzard does, ever, unless they have years of experience in making video games. Clearly, unless you have said experience, you are not allowed opinions on games.

Edit:
    Exactly what Irony said two seconds before me...

Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    Blizz = good
    Activision = good

Blizz + Activision = bad
    Do you even understand the relationship between Blizzard and Activision?

Blizzard was owned by Vivindi Games for the better part of a decade, Vivindi decided they didn't want their games division anymore, so they sold it to Activision. Activision renamed themselves to try to make the brand look better. They have very little to no control over Blizzard aside from suggesting business strategies. Granted, Blizzard has done some things recently that are a bit head scratching, but in general they're still the same company they've been for 20 years.

Their community is still as terrible as always.

Notice how no Blizzard product since their acquisition by Activision has EVER bore the Activision logo, brand, or any mention of Activision. Blizzard's management has not changed in any meaningful way since this merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Fryr View Post
    Do you have the credentials to prove it?
    It doesn't matter where I go, forum or in game I run into people complaining about one thing or another that they think Blizzard has done wrong and how stupid or clueless they are. Im not saying these people are are right or wrong. You all know the phrase "pic or it didn't happen", well along the same principals as this I would like to put out there "When you work for a company that is kicking Blizzards but in the field Blizzard specializes in, THEN I will be inclined to give your complaint merit".

Before you claim Blizzard is horrible at...
    Patches/Glitches: Show me the work you have done on some other game to create and implement new patches or if you have never done work in this area at least name one game that releases the amount of new content that Warcraft gets without paying for it and does a better job of it.
    Maintenance/Server Problems: Show me your credentials in network and computer hardware installation/maintenance. If you have no experience in this area then please SHOW me one game any where near the size of WoW and caters to 11 million people and does not have the problems Blizzard faces every day.
    Class changes: Show me your experience in game testing and development. If you can not at least show that you have played all similar role classes during that content so you at least know which classes do better before complaining of a nerf.
    Customer support/GMs: Reference your experience as an in game support rep or another game as large as WoW and is more accommodating or faster.

I am not saying the people who QQ are wrong or right. I am just saying if you are going to call Blizz on something then PLEASE have something to back it up or you really do not have any idea what you are talking about.
    LOL. The fact that I cannot do what they do, doesn't mean they do it right. I don't know how to wire up the electricy of an house. The electrician, having is diploma and all, can still botch is work and make wrong choices.

Basically, we can't do what they can, so we can't criticize? Ridiculous. While some people may be going overboard, thinking they could do better (I don't), some people can actually objectively analyse Blizzard's actions and pose a theory as how to do it otherwise. You also do not know if they botch their work, or if they actually do it right. Argument of Ignorance right here! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_ignorance

I'm usually satisfied by Blizzard's work. Some may not. Some may doubt that they do their best 100% of the time (and they are probably right, slackers may slack). Still the fact that we cannot do what they do, doesn't excuse them doing botched work. So basically, I can't build a house, so I should accept that the guy building mine makes mistakes, oh noes a bug in my house *houses collapse and I die but that's okay because I can't criticize the guy because A) I can't do what he does and B) I'm dead.*

Fallacious post, get out.

Quote Originally Posted by Irony View Post
    I don't have to be a chef to know what a shitty meal is. That being said, I think Blizz does an amazing job and people need to actually read your fucking post. !_!
    This x1000. This meal tastes like crap. Oh, wait, I can't say that, I'm not a chief.

Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'
    Sigged.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Everybody sucks.

Blizzard sucks less then average.

"When you work for a company that is kicking Blizzards but in the field Blizzard specializes in, THEN I will be inclined to give your complaint merit".
    Who are you to be inclined to give anyone's complaint merit?

Your argument amounts to a sickening false appeal to authority with a healthy dose of arrogance.

Overall, I've enjoyed the time I've spent playing WoW and SC2. However, anyone defending the wow PvP balance team is either wearing rose tinted glasses or completely delusional.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dariela View Post
    Everybody sucks.

Blizzard sucks less then average.
    I like this guy.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Blizzard Does not suck, The WoW community does. simple. Stop bitching about everything geez.
    BoOoOoOmMmM!

No blizzard does not suck. you try running a game with millions and millions of moving parts. you try getting it to run 100%.
    also things could be worse. we could be playing final fantasy xiv