Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

OPEN SRP: Into the fire. Into the Fight.

Note that this RP is meant for ALL BACKGROUNDS!you're free to come along on THE FIREGLASS EXPEDITION as long as your character isn't 1000 ft. tall or has a strong friendship with the Old Gods :P (Well, even then i suppose you could!!)!

This is my first RP thread so try not to judge it too harshly :P. This RP is set SPECIFICALLY in places where the Hot, Burning, and Fiery creatures tend to chill (or bake), so if your character doesn't like fire, he will hate your guts if you add him to this RP :P This doesn't mean we're going to be in the fireelands and wading through lakes of combusting oil! It simply means we're going into places that are quite hot.
    Note that this isn't a comedy RP. It might have some jokes in it but it is a serious RP, with quite some violently detailed scenes to be appearing in the near future.

Maps:
    [IMG=http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7811/picture2ja.png][/IMG]
    Tanaris mine outside Map

[IMG=http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/7811/picture2ja.png][/IMG]
    Silithus Deep mountains

It also happens on kalimdor and goes on into other elemental planes. It will slowly move into cataclysm and shall be affected strongly once the game is released (If it lives that long XD )
    All races except gnomes with bombs strapped to their heads are welcome
    also, there will be many enemies that cannot be killed. You can attempt to kill them, and you might even succeed. But it is very unlikely and you will probably die in the process. So if something's head is larger than Ratchet, It's not a good idea to go shooting arrows at it :P This isn't saying don't do it, it's simply a precaution.
    These enemies will only show up about 10-15 times in the entire RP if it goes through, so don't be put off; You'll be slaying thousands of evil little freaks before the day is done.

<Feel free to join in >

Charred ash howls, depraved and hungry,
    No lands to Burn, to crush, to curse.
    But no longer, the chains , they hold the fiend down,
    yu have hope none, death column Immersed.

Nox'Dol sat quietly at the table. Oben, Leader of the expedition returned his powerful glance with a glare from the opposite end of the table, while Ji'buu watched him with kind, curious eyes. Bridgey was sitting on the head-chair at the top end of the table, looking at his pocketwatch while smoking a pipe full of thistleshrub leaves.

Nox'Dol had recently come to the town of ratchet in search of decent coin, as he was beginning to become broke and not many jobs were available to a sand troll. Looking through the streets he spotted a Recruitment Poster that had been recently put up:

"Burnglass expedition wants YOU!"
    "Recently, certain disturbances in the elemental spirits that reside all over azeroth have started to cause major concerns in many large organisations, and
    The steamwheedle cartel is no different. Recent reports state that a mine in southern tanaris has been overrun by fire and magma elementals, and a quarry nestled deep within the mountains of silithus has unearthed a series of caverns filled with strange naga-like creatures with which fire is their specialty. These two incidents are assumed to be connected, and both have caused major financial issues for the Cartel. As a way to further understand these incidents and hopefully prevent future ones, we have created an expedition composed of members from booty bay, Ratchet and Gadgetzan.
    However, these forces are limited in number and we are recruiting members of all races accepted in our cities to join the expedition andhelp with finding out and hopefully nullifying the cause of these events. The reward for completing this expedition will be honours from the city of undermine and kind recognition in the steamwheedle-Controlled towns. Also in the reward will be 10'000 gold pieces for each participant.
    If you want to sign up, register your name at the INN and come upstairs at twilight."

Nox'Dol, wanting to gain some knowledge of the crazed elementals, along with needing the huge sum of money offered, did just that.
    After signing up, he went upstairs to meet the leaders of the expedition. There he found Oben, A human knight from theramore who greeted him with a cold stare. judging from the markings on his armour, he was the expedition leader. There was a troll here as well. His name was Ji'buu, and he was an elementalist of the darkspear tribe, if the plaque on his seat was correct.And lastly, there sat at the end of the table a goblin, madly scribbling away on a piece of parchment. When he glanced up and noticed Nox'Dol, he greeted him. "Sandfury eh? Not to be rude, but we don't share too much love for YOUR kind."
    Nox'Dol's face hardened. "I am not a sandfury, and I never will be until they see da errors of deir ways. I am Nox'Dol, by da way. Nice ta meet'cha." He said, his expression changing to kind as he shook hands with the goblin.
    "Hmm, Yep yep. As long as you get the job done, i don't really care." said the goblin. "Name's bridgey by the way. Don't ask why."
    At this point the knight cut in abruptly. "You're kidding, right goblin? This creature surely cannot be allowed to join our ranks! How do we know if the damn thing won't try to eat us when we're sleeping?"
    "Same reason we know dat every'tin' dat comes outta ya bleedin' mouth is nonsense, ya racist pig." Snarled Ji'buu.
    "Don't YOU start, troll. If i had my way, you'd be locked away in a jail cell and be starved of all food and and tortured for your wretchedness." spat Oben.
    "And if I had mine, You'd be floating headfirst along the coast of da barrens wit' a blade t'rough ya skull." Retorted Ji'buu.
    "And if I had MY way, which i DO, you two would stop arguing at once and realise that we're on the same side." Sighed Bridgey, "Oh, and Oben, do not call me a 'long eared bottom-feeding gremlin again, If you please. Keep your memoirs inside your mind, instead of muttering them aloud in the outhouse. Now, once everyone is here, we'll begin. Untill then," He stated, turning away from the angrily blushing Oben, "Please feel free to chat."
    After about half an hour no one had shown up. Nox'Dol had suspected this, as he'd known it would take a while. He decided to break the silence by asking Ji'buu of his upbringing.
    " Well, mon. As ya can see, I was brought up in da darkspear tribe. I earned my name at a very young age, because I did a great act o' power.
    I slew a great beast , da monstrous tigress Khaduuvu. After nearly gettin' torn apart by her great claws i concentrated me mind ta call for help. I was amazingly able ta command da water and eart' around me to grow da roots of trees around da tigress in seconds." Lamented Ji'buu. "I den used da fire spirits ta burn her and da roots to a crisp. Den i used da air to blow da fire out. Since den, I've been quite revered in da tribe. I don't call myself a shaman as much, as i be less respectful to da spirits as others, but someday i hope to become a fully-fledged power of de elements."
    "I respect ya story mon. I even had a similar happening when i was but a youngling."
    "Bah, trolltalk. I find it astounding you savages care for such primitive things as "the hunt" Growled Oben.
    "You do not know how to shut ya mouth do ya, ya cruel man!" snapped Nox'Dol, "Jus' cos a race isn't ya own doesn't mean ya have da right to walk over it!"

Silence.

"I think we'll just wait for the next applicant, shall we?" Bridgey said.
    Last edited by doomchem; 2010-11-12 at 01:57 AM.

Scavell walked through the bustling town of Ratchet, medivhs cowl making him move through the crowds like a looming shadow, his orange eyes lighting his hood lightly. He was looking to numb himself with a stiff drink at the local. As he walked into the bar he noticed the advertisement.

As he read on, he then noticed he had been feeling a bit strange of late, maybe this elemental uprising had something to do with it, especially after what that soft voice said to him a few years back.

This is the perfect opportunity to find out what I am he quietly thought to himself, after meeting Delaina, one has to be careful thinking aloud.

Scavell spotted the goblin sitting in the corner and identified him as the kingpin of this operation, also spying the two trolls and the stocky human sitting next to him at the table.
    His raven landed on the table first distracting the men as Scavell approached silently, as is hopped around poking at the crumbs on the table. The soft crackle of fire could be heard by the men as Scavell loomed over the table. He then removed his cowl before the gentlemen before getting the courage to speak;

A little bird told me that you gentlemen were looking for some assistance with some elementals?

Scavells’ voice was monotone, serious and straight, even if he used a slightly joking style type of monologue. He was definitely going through a serious mood swing. His softly burning eyes were prominent, dimly lighting the table.

Nox'Dol stared at the human who had stepped out from behind the corner of the stairs. He had felt a presence, as the surrounding darkness had whispered of his appearance. The man had an aura that seemed to indicate power. Nox'Dol would at a certain point be joyful to start talking to the strange man, but he was becoming quite tired and instead He then turned his glance to the fire.
    Though he had only been waiting for about an hour, he was quite impatient to move on, and decided to preoccupy himself by thinking of the diversity of races on the plant, and how they came to be. A happy glaze entered into his eyes as he became caught up in his own imagination.

"Well well well!" Grinned Bridgey as the human appeared out of the darkness, "Another comes to join the fray! Here are our other members who've currently signed up!" Gesturing a hand at Nox'Dol, Oben and Ji'buu as he went on. "Oben, Expedition Leader!" Oben gave a gesture of warmth and welcome, which put a bitter taste in ji'buu's mouth.
    "Jibuu! Expedition Elementalist, specializing in Fire, water and earth!" Ji'buu gave the man an analyzing glance, as he had seen something in the man's eye that made him feel as if a fire creature had just materialized on the spot.
    "And Nox'Dol!" Noxdol didn't look up. "And, Your's truely! Bridgy! don't ask why though. Please take a seat. And yes, we are definitely interested in dealing with elementals indeed! What's your name?"

(( Guys if anyone wants to slightly take over some secondary characters while typing out their main character, I would be greatly thankful. I'm not asking for too much, but i don't want to complete each one's writing equally when i'm really trying to focus on bridgey and Nox'Dol. Bridgey will remain under my control, but any of you can use the others at times, and not as your full character, as long as you use them appropriately ))
    ~Nox'Dol~

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    That's funny...most people who utterly detest PvP aren't going to suddenly think it's a grand idea b/c they are forced to do it. That's illogical. Hey guys, the government has decided that the nutritional value of feces is too good to pass up. We're going to make sure your fridge is always filled with it so your instincts to eat real food that tastes good and isn't poop will suddenly shift and you'll see the wonder of poop cola.

Scavell took a seat and put his cowl back on.

"The name is Scavell, that's about all you need to know for now."

He spied Ji'buu looking at him and raised an eyebrow back at him. He was accustomed to getting strange looks. As he put his feat up he generated a small flame in his palm and proceeded to play with it to pass time.

Rakaenormi glared at the poster as she strode through the Goblin town of Ratchet disguised as a High Elf. Looking upon the scribble that was repeated in multiple dialects, she read on about this "expedition". Interested about this travel, she thought that it might be of great importance to her kin regarding the subject itself. Pushing back her elven hair as a gust of wind blew past the well furnished inn, she ventured in after signing her name at the bottom of the poster.

The inn was scarce of individuals, and after hearing some loud talking coming from the rooms above her, she travelled up. Upon arriving at the top, she spotted a random arrangement of people within the room. Stepping forth and introducing herself, she began to speak.

"Good day. My name is Rakae. I was passing through this delightful town due to some other business, and I happened to see a poster outside. Do you have space for a lone High Elf amongst you?".

She eyed the assortment of individuals around her. She saw a smirk creep up on the face of a male Human, as he let forth a sharp whistle. "Of course Rakae. My name's Oben.", he stated, as he stood up and bowed before here. Rakae merely blushed at the introduction, as was accustomed to the mortals of Azeroth.

Turning to the others, a Troll stood up and greeted her too. "Ey lady. Ma name's Ji'buu. Wat's a fine flowah like you doin' ina dusty place like dis?". He sat down instantly after. "Merely travelling, boring details really. Thank you though.", replied Rakae, nodding slightly. She now turned to the others in the room, all of them obviously too busy to recognise her.

Spotting a chair in the corner of the room, she approached it, sitting down. She stared at her surroundings for a mere moment, eyeing up the others that still sat there, trying not to make eye contact with the creepy Oben.

"Ah brilliant. My name's bridgey, representative of the steamwheedle cartel, and i guess you've seen Oben and Ji'buu" Replied bridgey, looking at the two most recent. "Now we simply have to wait for some more. And then we'll discuss the plans.....and payment."
    His eye twinkled as he looked at his watch, "Why don't you....get to know each other."

Snapping out of his daydreaming, Nox'Dol decided that it was time to introduce himself. Standing up, he went to shake hands with the elven woman and man. A slightly to the pint attitude radiated from him, as he put his hands in introduction. "Ello, I be known as Nox'Dol, Scholar and historian o' racial biology here on kalimdor. Nice to meet ya." Nox'Dol then grinned in way way very peculiar; you could translate it as either a sneer or a warm welcome depending on your view on the wearer of such an expression. He then went on to say "So, what brings you, human, to dis venture? da money, or sometin else?"
    ~Nox'Dol~

That's funny...most people who utterly detest PvP aren't going to suddenly think it's a grand idea b/c they are forced to do it. That's illogical. Hey guys, the government has decided that the nutritional value of feces is too good to pass up. We're going to make sure your fridge is always filled with it so your instincts to eat real food that tastes good and isn't poop will suddenly shift and you'll see the wonder of poop cola.

Ryker left the Venture Co. offices disappointed. He had expected the company to cover the cost of his latest venture, a large saw mill and lumber yard in Feralas. The group of Venture Co. money lenders said they would only cover half the cost and Ryker would have to come up with the rest. Ryker left the offices not knowing what to do. He had sunk most of his savings into the project already. Ryker headed to the Inns tavern to drink his trouble away and hopefully come up with some scheme to get the rest of the money. As he sat at the bar and nursed his pint, he looked around the bar and overheard a troll talking about an expedition with big rewards.

Ryker walked over to the troll who was still in the middle of his conversation. "Hey there! The names Ryker, I heard you talkin about some sort of adventure. Care to enlighten me?"

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 10:54 PM ----------

Nox'Dol looked down at the curious goblin who had entered the room. "We've been hired by da steamwheedle to sort out some problems caused by da elemental disturbances." He explained, "Why? Be you another one who's signed up?"

"Ah, hello there old fellow!" Bridgey said, grinning at the newcomer. He'd heard of this one's plight recently in financial terms, and recognized a face anywhere. "I've seen you around the place, but I don't know you'd be interested in this kinda job!"
    Nox'Dol frowned as he turned to Bridgey. "I don't think he knows what kinda job you be offering." Bridgey's smile faltered for a second, then fired back up again with a renewed sparkle in his eyes.
    "Here, since you've recently been caught up in a very "logged" situation," He smirked. "Why don't you come get a bit of dough from one of the big bosses eh? Check this out?" With that, he rolled a tied, and rolled up copy of the poster seen outside the INN towards the goblin newcomer.

Nox'Dol thought over this for a second. He was slightly annoyed: Did goblins only ever care about business? The ones who took him in at Gadgetzan were different. They were kind and peaceful, but all others he'd were only doing things for personal gain. ' Oh shut up ya idiot, ye can talk eh? Doin' dis for da money aren't cha? ' He thought to himself. He then focus back on the elven woman sitting down and the man with the strange aura. "Also, could i ask? What is it dat makes ya eyes glow like dat? I've never seen it before in me life, except in de eyes of some pretty dangerous creatures."
    Last edited by doomchem; 2010-11-11 at 10:55 PM.
    ~Nox'Dol~

Scavell noticed the pretty elven lady walk in but didn't pay too much attention to it, he was daydreaming and took a while to realise that Nox'Dol was asking him questions. Too busy even to notice the other goblin stroll in, he was really zoned out, he shook his head,

"Oh.. uh.. sorry.. I'm not here for the money, lets just say that. And I guess my eyes glow a firey orange for the same reason hers glow a soft and peaceful blue."

Scavell made a quick and minor hand movement pointing at Rakae.
    Last edited by Lithic; 2010-11-11 at 11:27 PM.

After skimming over the flier Ryker looked up at the troll. "Yes I am in it for the money. I have a few business interest that have gotten a bit thirsty for some cash at the moment but most of my money is a bit tied up at the moment" Ryker stuffed the flier in his business suits pocket. "So how many other adventurers you found yet?"

"Yes, I'd noticed dat too, but why?" Nox'Dol asked, "Had some'ting happened to you to make it glow? If it be a curse it be mighty powerful to emit a physical manifestation."
    This had drawn his attention, and now he was very interested as to the information that may be given. He was always looking for new things. New technology, new races, new goings on. He loved it, yet sadly he was quite unknowledgable about anything outside of kalimdor. He then also asked the elven lady "I also sense some'ting stra-"
    "Will you please troll!" Cut in Oben, while glaring to Nox'Dol. "Can't you see that these are powerful, and civilised people who actually UNDERSTAND feelings and thoughts. Something YOU could never fathom."
    "Pfah, look at yourself, ya beast." Nox'Dol swore, "Ya be far worse dan MY races wit that kinda attitude. "Civilized" people don't go around openly criticisin' others because they t'ink dat they're "superior".
    Oben stared at bridgey for help, which didn't come, and then turned back to Nox'Dol angrily and muttered "I don't care what others think, but i know your a monster."
    "Whatever ya wish, mon." Sighed Nox'Dol.

"Only these buffoons" Bridgey replied to the goblin, gesturing at the trolls and the human, "And these two new ones." Gesturing at Scavell and the elf. "Mind you, we haven't heard your name yet. I've heard of you but i've forgotten your name. Also, would you be so kind to introduce yourself, my pretty elven friend?"
    Last edited by doomchem; 2010-11-11 at 11:45 PM.
    ~Nox'Dol~

"It's fine Oben, Im actually hoping to find out more on this adventure.... I was born with it and..."

Scavell closed his eyes and rubbed his hands over his face as he remembered the visions of him killing his parents as he was born.

"And it's always nice to meet new people, her name is Rakae by the way if you missed it."

Scavell spotted the constant bickering between the two and began to get slightly worried about them behaving themselves even when things got serious.

"Ok, buddies, we'll just wait for a few more and then it's time to hit the road!" Bridgey said.
    "Interesting.....Very interesting." Nox'Dol murmured. "Were ya in any kinda magical contact when you were- Ah nevermind it, I find it be best not to go into matters that might be..." He glanced at Oben. "..Private."

((Ok guys, if anyone else is joining i'll give them today, tonight and tomorrow. Then i've got to get this moving into the next stage.))
    ~Nox'Dol~

"The names Ryker, What should I call you?" Ryker took a seat the table next to him and ordered a coffee from a passing waitress.

"Ry.....Ker. Okay. Got it!" Bridgy exclaimed, smiling in a wierd fashion as he wrote the name down, "And my name? Bridgy, and don't ask why. This is Nox'Dol, Ji'buu, Oben, Scavell and....Rackie? Oh wait, my bad! Rakae!"
    ~Nox'Dol~

Ryker took a sip of his coffee as he studied the eager goblin. "So what brings you on this little adventure?"

A silent figure in a black robe walked up the stairs. A slight green glow was perceptible under his hood. The figure read a piece of paper in his hand, crumbled it and looked around the room. When he saw the goblins talking, he took down his hood revealing himself as a bloodelf. He sighed and leaned casually against the wall waiting for the goblins to finish talking.

(( I will join this as a 'observer' style character as I can't RP as frequently whilst overseas. ))

Ths small gnome opened the door to the noisy establishment using a small flow of power. He entered the inn quietly, making sure to close the door as he came through the threshold. An assortement of different people from all races seemed to have assembled in the goblin town of Rachet. Arygos only dimly noticed this as he went across the well-trodden floor to the bar across the expansive room. Cloaked as he was, it was hard to see any distinctive features about the small firgure.

Arygos noticed a chatting goblin that seemed to be at the center of a small group of people. Intrigued, he strided over to the group, intending to inquire about their buisness. It had been long since his last adventure with mortals; it was in this very place that it had happened...

He slyly placed himself in front of the goblin, who was still talking and did not notice the gnome, and spoke in his low, thunderstorm-like voice, unbefitting of his apperances.

"What is happening, goblin?" he said, cutting in to the conversation.
    Last edited by Black Mage; 2010-11-12 at 02:02 PM.

While waiting for his chance to make his offer to the goblin, Khorianas took a closer look at the people in the room.
    The trolls wouldn't hinder his interests that was sure, and the knight also wouldn't be interested in what he was looking for.
    "The human with the glowing eyes might be a problem." he thought to himself.
    When he saw the elven woman sitting in the corner, he exhaled abruptly and clenched his fists "By the sunwell, not one of them" To calm himself, he took out his whetstone and slowly drew his hunting-knife to not alarm anyone, and started sharpening it.
    While paying attention to the goblins conversation, he couldn't avoid glancing at the high elf occasionally.

Rakaenormi sat in the corner, drifting off occasionally. Daydreaming had become a terrible habit, and was a result of being encased within this high elven shell. Yet, when the gnome stepped into the room, Rakae felt something similar about him. The power eminating from him was something that any usual mortal couldn't sense, but she surely could. As they began to converse, she drifted off once more into her own mind. She was oblivious to those staring at her, aside from the blood elf, as she could feel his permeating gazing even when she wasn't aware of her surroundings.