Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Exclamation Sell your hatchling now

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...5371776?page=1

If you thought you were going to be able to level your professions off a pet, guess what: nope. I just sold mine for 2k, even though they are 5k on the AH - and of course even before this announcement no one would buy them. People thought they could get the pet before Cata, too many people selling for too high a price ---> bunch of overpriced raptor hatchlings on the AH not being bought.
    Last edited by Freedom; 2010-11-11 at 04:37 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

If you thought you were going to be able to level your professions off a pet, guess what: nope. I just sold mine for 2k, even though they are 5k on the AH - and of course even before this announcement no one would buy them. People thought they could get the pet before Cata, too many people selling for too high a price ---> bunch of overpriced raptor hatchlings on the AH not being bought.
    why dont you farm up a bunch of them now and hold them til cata, then sell them

[Rothulivic] [Twitch] [Twitter] Signature by Serryn

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    someone obviously didn't read the post....lol
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

Quote Originally Posted by BossManRoth View Post
    Because they're going to be dropping in Cata still.

I dont have the patience to farm a simple pet

10+ Year Old Account
    No, see, the thing is, you can still get them in Cataclysm. Thus depressing the price. See the blue post part of it - "Razzashi Hatchling has found a new home bla bla".
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Incoming QQ. (Glad I sold the one I farmed instead of sitting on it. Bwahaha 5k, thank you buyer)

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.

In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering.
    Just sell it now.

10+ Year Old Account
    "If you currently have the Razzashi Hatchling item in your inventory, you'll still be able to learn the pet spell at a later point in time. It's not like the pet is disappearing completely; it's just no longer dropping from its usual home in Zul'Gurub.
    In fact, I can confirm that the Razzashi Hatchling, being a clever and resilient little reptile, has already found a new home, and will be migrating there shortly after the shattering. "

Eh I am not sold on this. So what happens to the mounts, they stay gone?

Deleted
    They were selling at 30k on my server and people were talking of saving them in Cata and then selling them in a year for 50-100k+ as it would be an impossible to get item.... not anymore, I still think 2-3k is a reasonable price, wherever it drops I assume it'll be a similar drop rate and as the raptors can be intensively farmed/reset it never had the rarity of the mounts anyway.

Bah Blizzard nerfed my gold plan

Yep, but a lot of people probably don't know this yet so be a sneaky bastard if you want to now before its too late (as the titles suggests) :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I sold my hatchlings for 7 k as soon as iH eard the news

Deleted
    Yeah soon as I saw the blue post instantly logged and sold 3 of them for 2.8k each. Wasn't unhappy about that at all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shallfull View Post
    Yeah soon as I saw the blue post instantly logged and sold 3 of them for 2.8k each. Wasn't unhappy about that at all.
    how long u farmed for 3? :S

Deleted
    Not only got hold of four of the hatchlings aswell had bought a lot of the whelps, which should also removed ....
    prices are down this was really a crash for my cash

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Drood View Post
    Not only got hold of four of the hatchlings aswell had bought a lot of the whelps, which should also removed ....
    prices are down this was really a crash for my cash
    I don't remember them ever saying they were going to remove the whelps or the other hatchlings. Your bad investment to be honest. Why would they remove them just so you can make gold?

If someone didn't believe that Blizzard might bring the pet back, they deserve to lose money imo. Blizzard's got every reason to bring the pet back where appropriate.

Anyway, I wouldn't sell all mine for low, low prices just yet, since they still might not be easy to acquire in cata.

I'm 100% convinced that the sole reason that Blizzard is doing this is because of the people farming them for gold. :|
    Meanwhile, in Finland...

So if they're worried about making any pet not able to make money, why are any pets rare? Or rather, why are any of the pets BoE?

I personally farmed for one to learn it, since i'm a pet collector. But I don't fully see the reasoning behind it. It's just like the whole "mount achievement" thing, remove Amani Bear and Black/Plague protos, but keep the newer ones in.