Poll: Is new player models necessary?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amiszilla View Post
    I believe definitely so! heck, i believe people should be able to alter their toon's weigh, height, deformities all alike. tanks should automatically be a little bigger than regular players. people who eat on tough jerky all the time will be skinny whereas those who eat cherry pie spam 24/7 will be humungously fat. (with a awesome size comes slower running and loses the mount privileges...
    No, thank you. Games where you can change your height and weight are just stupid. Most people won't really be serious about it and would look stupid. And for OP NO, its not necessary

Deleted
    ofc.

Just for the sake of comparison:

Wait, why am I playing this game again?

Yes, I think it's about that time...

thxblizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    I put gameplay before graphics and new character models alone does not improve gameplay. But I do want it.

Digory Kirke: I must say that I havn't played other mmo's lately so I don't know how good they are now, but one thing that wow has that other mmo's don't have / didn't have, is VERY good animations and a VERY good flow.
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

I forsee in the future "Paid Character Model Upgrades"... since it is not something that is necessary or gamechanging.

Deleted
    It is necessary for game immersion.

Also, I use a directX plugin to enhance lighteffects. Must see if still necessary in cataclysm but from what Ive seen blizz didnt do much about the comical everbright

Quote Originally Posted by thatbezoguy View Post
    Short answer: Yes.

Long answer: YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!
    This. And also YES!

- Shiny said, I was the best.

Deleted
    I will still say no.

There is a point of, how they are now.
    I'll just point out, ex. Aion and those other games where you can change heights and so..

Small fairy sized players?
    Giant Gnomes?
    Thin taurens?
    I think you get the point.

Ofcause, there could be added some few more changeable things, but stuff like weight and height, will be abused alot.

Deleted
    Shouldn't be too hard for them really... They already have new npc models on for example humans that look much better than the player one. Can't be that hard to give all the vanilla player models some love. (Give troll female some real hairstyles while your on it, I'm sick of switching between just 2 of them...)

yes.
    and if anyone picked no they should be stricken blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Cusco View Post

Digory Kirke: I must say that I havn't played other mmo's lately so I don't know how good they are now, but one thing that wow has that other mmo's don't have / didn't have, is VERY good animations and a VERY good flow.
    Just bothers me that they are spending so much effort on remodeling NPCs and vanity pets when the most important models in the game (the playable ones) look like 6 year old garbage, compared to everything that is on the market today.

Mario on the DS will have more polygons soon...

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    I´d say No, because I would hate to hear all those morons when the graphics are updated, their computer is no longer good enough for that, then they cry about lags and low fps and in the end they cry how stupid blizzard is. <-90% of the WoW Players
    Translation: NO I WILL THWART ANY GRAPHICAL PROGRESSION CUZ OTHER PPL R DUMB!1!!

Quote Originally Posted by Kharnn View Post
    I know this has been made a thousand times, but mines going to be a little different. I'm not going to bore you with my 59 reasons why you should agree with what I think I'm just curious if you personally think new character models are necessary, appropriate, plausible, and doable or not with a simple poll!

Thanks!
    Necessary? No, it's far from necessary. We've used the same character models for 4-6 years and have played perfectly fine with them.

Appropriate, plausible, or doable? Definitely. It's definitely doable and after +4 years of the same player models it would be nice to have them updated finally it's only appropriate that it would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by wg15 View Post
    I´d say No, because I would hate to hear all those morons when the graphics are updated, their computer is no longer good enough for that, then they cry about lags and low fps and in the end they cry how stupid blizzard is. <-90% of the WoW Players
    If someone can't play WoW because of an updated character model(not necessarily graphics, just the model) 6 years from the beginning they should probably consider retiring their current computer, with the price of mid-ranged computers there's really no reason anyone shouldn't be able to afford a system(short of being unemployed like myself and even I could probably scrap together a couple hundred dollars for a new computer) that could run the game on at least medium settings depending on what Blizz would do to the models.
    Last edited by Dedweight; 2010-11-11 at 07:42 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    No, thank you. Games where you can change your height and weight are just stupid. Most people won't really be serious about it and would look stupid. And for OP NO, its not necessary
    why would u care what someone else looks like? Worry about urself, if someone wants to look like a moron....let them....besides 40% of the races look stupid already.

10+ Year Old Account
    13 voters were dropped on their heads as children

Yes.

It's ridiculous to look at a human then look at a worgen.

Also look at a goblin then look at an undead, it doesn't look like you (an older race model) are playing the same game as that goblin.

Deleted
    Yeah. Updated models please and more ways to customize looks (armor, hair styles, etc etc)

Well, they're not really necessary by any means, no. But one day, when we're all wearing t25, do we really want out gear to be 5x higher resolution than our actual characters? At that point we'd all want to cove up as much as possible so as to not shame ourselves by seeing out old ugly bodies. I think the more the game progresses the stronger the argument for an update becomes, especially now that most bosses look better than the characters-the heroes, the people who pay money. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionbar View Post
    I will still say no.

There is a point of, how they are now.
    I'll just point out, ex. Aion and those other games where you can change heights and so..

Small fairy sized players?
    Giant Gnomes?
    Thin taurens?
    I think you get the point.

Ofcause, there could be added some few more changeable things, but stuff like weight and height, will be abused alot.
    everything u named would give ur character more depth when it comes to RP...