Thread: Recuperate Nerf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeepher View Post
    I heavily doubt that was the only reason it was implemented, it was one of the reasons though.
    It's like saying Cheap shot is only in the game to help the rogue build combo points while their opponent is stunned, most abilities have lots of different uses and so does recuperate.
    It was only for that reason. There are no pures with good healing (in combat) except warlock which is as a class totally built around it (our armorspells to be the most obvious example for non affliction).

So yes, Recuperate was only implemented to make it easier to level as a rogue, nothing else.
    There are many things that spill over to being usefull to PvP/PvE as well for example Feign Death is usefull in PvP.
    That does not make it intended for PvP and it is the exact same thing about Recuperate. So crying over a nerf is simply retarded by those who do so.

Rogues balanced around selfheals in combat?, yea we learn something new each day *cough*
    Last edited by Bakis; 2010-11-11 at 01:19 PM.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by koranes View Post
    Learn to Play, or better yet re-roll a real class.
    Funny that everytime a class is "OP" people start saying it's not a real class

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    Yeah that and how much death coil heals you while you have lichborne up needs to be nerfed, if they have a full bar of runic power it's like instant full hp.
    This.

I was playing around with Frost and realized that I can go from like 5% to 100% hp just by hitting Lichborne and spamming Death Coil on myself. Granted, it takes like, all of my Runic Power, but still, that shouldn't happen.

Should add some kind of "Healing done by Death Coil reduced by 50% when used on self." thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rampantsoto View Post
    Once Vin Diesel is an adult I will feed him more than just crickets

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    when they throw it up(its very visable) stun,blind or maybe if you feeling risky vanish>garrote to prevent the healing.
    A smart DK (LOL) would save his icebound fortitude for when he pops lichborne and would probably have his trinket up for a blind (talking about beta) unless I do so much damage that it warrants him to trinket a kidney which shouldn't happen

Self healing is getting nerfed across the board for everyone, but ESPECIALLY people not specced into Resto, Holy, or Disc.
    Warriors and Rogues were doing almost as much healing as their Resto Druid healers in Beta in arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by koranes View Post
    Learn to Play, or better yet re-roll a real class.
    The only people who lose to the average rogue 1v1 in the current state of the game in equal gear are just plain horrendous and should delete their PvP gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kawakazi View Post
    Self healing is getting nerfed across the board for everyone, but ESPECIALLY people not specced into Resto, Holy, or Disc.
    Warriors and Rogues were doing almost as much healing as their Resto Druid healers in Beta in arenas.

The only people who lose to the average rogue 1v1 in the current state of the game in equal gear are just plain horrendous and should delete their PvP gear.
    Your healers aren't constantly healing you, unlike recuperate does if you know what you're doing, same with warrior heals, they're pretty much ALWAYS up

Recuperate is fine as it is in other trees. I also posted this in the front page post but they should have just removed the mastery effect on it then evaluated its performance not do the double cut they did. IMO the other trees it seems very balanced for what it is. Healing 20% over 30s at the cost of 5 CPs is hardly as helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    This makes me want to cry, Recuperate is awesome for soloing old content, so I reeally hope this doesn't hurt too much... I know it's only 1% but in a 30 sec. fight thats 30%

...err I guess that would be 10 % lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Rogues balanced around selfheals in combat?, yea we learn something new each day *cough*
    Herp Derp Derp.

I guess you learned something new.
    Needs more perkele.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeskalol View Post
    Herp Derp Derp.

I guess you learned something new.
    Yea but I wonder if that had anything to do with the nerf. It massively rewards you for keeping a pretty decent self-hot on at all times which was further buffed by mastery. The other specs would have had to give up a decent amount of damage just to put recup on for a 0 dps gain, so for those other 2 specs, I don't see 3% as being OP since it costs you dps. Especially combat which has the fewest combo points, if you wanted to keep recup up enough that it might heal as much as a hot, it costs you a large portion of your finishers.

I'm sure we'll be fine though. I wasn't planning on using it much in pve anyway, and pvp isn't balanced around 1v1 or 2v2 so I think itll end up alright.

It didn't have anything to do with the nerf, but I was proving that Subtlety rogues were, and still are, balanced around having Recuperate rolling as much as possible.

Just sayin'.
    Needs more perkele.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocoabutterz View Post
    Rogues are a real class dude, ur just mad because you get owned by every rogue.
    Sorry, but they're not.

It's a class for the inferior players.
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Coronius View Post
    Sorry, but they're not.

It's a class for the inferior players.

if you don't Rogues fine. But don't come to a Rogue section just to flame them.

People get bans for that stuff. Oh wait......
    Last edited by Kelticfox; 2010-11-11 at 07:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeskalol View Post
    It didn't have anything to do with the nerf, but I was proving that Subtlety rogues were, and still are, balanced around having Recuperate rolling as much as possible.

Just sayin'.
    I didn't mean that you were implying that. I was just considering it myself. It seems that the hot would only be OP with that talent because you give up a good amount of damage for a pure utility move otherwise. I'm betting that these people saying how it matches up to their resto druids in arenas were sub rogues and thus had near 100% uptime since its a really good dps boost and a pretty good hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Nerf was well needed and every sane rogue agree.
    Any sane rogue would also agree combat needs massive buffs, why don't they deal with that first before nerfing us?

Quote Originally Posted by Kelticfox View Post
    if you don't like Rogues fine.

fix'd
    The time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted at all.

it was about time, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will miss the mastery so much... I liked that with executioner and the improved recoup from sub, you can increase your energy regeneration rate with it as well.
    :C
    Makes me one heck of a sad panda.

not like you couldn't see this coming

Quote Originally Posted by maldias View Post
    easily counterable disarm the dk when they get low then crank up the dmg before they can pick it up, also stops parring.
    duels doesnt last 15sec in beta, if you fight a top dk as sub, you will never kill it as he heal a lot more than you and got 25k more hp with same ilvl.