Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Xp from cata dungeons?

I have heard that the xp you get from dungeons will be super low. That annoying becuase, me and 4 other friends were suppoused to level through dungeons to level 85. Can any clarify the amount of xp?

Have no beta experience myself, but i dont think that the XP rate will be super low. I cant recall reading anything about that.

xp from WRATH-dungeons will be superlow really fast... nothing said about cata-dungeons as far as i know.

900kxp from first BRC run (including quests) then about 500k per run after that so i've heard

Deleted
    Dunno about super-low but deffinitely less efficient than questing. Blizz watns us to enjoy new zones and stuff, not farm dungeons for XP.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you and your friends decide to lvl up with dungeons, you are doing it because it is more fun. And I believe that you will still do it even if it is somehow lower than what you expected to be. Fun in a game > anything else.
    Ridiculous this is... Yes, something very ridiculous is happening in here!

How much per mob? I've heard like 200 which would suck

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 01:39 PM ----------

It is also because it is a high populated server, Stormscale EU. So it will take ages for quests

if i recall correctly the Wrath dungeons didnt give a ton of xp either(unless you had quests for them) and if Cata's are like that that kinda bums me out. My first 85 will be done by mostly questing, but on some alts i prefer dungeons.

Derailed the Cereal Thread

Quote Originally Posted by übergejl View Post
    How much per mob? I've heard like 200 which would suck

---------- Post added 2010-11-11 at 01:39 PM ----------

It is also because it is a high populated server, Stormscale EU. So it will take ages for quests
    you get about 6-7k per mob on beta (not rested) right now. 84-85 is 6,5 million xp if I remember correctly.

You have to use common sense sometimes. 200 per mob is just not feasible when each level requires millions of xp.

Quote Originally Posted by nescáfè View Post
    you get about 6-7k per mob on beta (not rested) right now. 84-85 is 6,5 million xp if I remember correctly.

You have to use common sense sometimes. 200 per mob is just not feasible when each level requires millions of xp.
    I meant 200xp per mob :d

So using 6500/kill = 1000 mobs for 6.5 MM. So about how many mobs per instance?

10+ Year Old Account
    I plan on tank grinding a ton of dungeons. Worst case scenario is that I have some of the best gear to continue on leveling with.

dungeons till about 2 in the morning and start questing then, most people should have dispersed into other areas by then and others will have gone to bed. with servers up at 11 UK time im expecting even more people to be online at launch

Questing will always be faster. If you think dungeon leveling is quicker, then you're really bad at questing. I definitely think you should at least do the dungeon(s) in the area that you're leveling in at least once. It will help with getting some gear to help with questing and endgame, but it won't be faster.

Deleted
    I don't recall dungeons being the fastest at any point in wotlk to be honest - but what you do get is sometimes quite a bit better gear to start doing heroics with. Personally I've levelled 8 characters to 80, using a variety of ways from questing, grinding, bgs and dungeons - dungeons in wotlk are definitely not the fastest and I doubt they will be in Cata - but with 5 friends you'll have fun and get some good loot.

A friend in the beta said you'd probably need at least 10-15 dungeon runs for a level, also depending on whether you are rested but I'm not in the beta myself and can't clarify that.

To clarify more, either you run with a group of friends and it will still take longer or you're going to queue randomly and HOPE that the others know what's going on, and if they don't it's going to be a LONG dungeon.

Dungeons will always be the best way to burn rested, so at least this way will be the fastest if you have a load of alts.

Currently I think dungeon XP is too high anyway. When I'm levelling my alts, I feel like I'm missing out on fun quests, because I've run a dungeon a few times and am now too high for my quests to be a challenge.

Dungeons should be about obtaining gear and questing. Nerf dungeon XP \o/

Grinding dungeons you will surely miss out on alot of faction gained from questing and in the beginnings of an Xpac faction rep is extremely sought after. I will probably run each of the 2-3 times while leveling just as a break, running them 1 time is almost mandatory due to the amount of XP you will get from the quests.

One BRC run gives your about 500k XP, if you clear all. With very good group it wont take more than 15-20 mins. Zero downtime using dungeon finder. You also get +50k xp every run from random dungeon (very good to use when you have only one instance discovered, you can get queued to only one possible random instance). First random a day gives 100k XP, also first BRC run gives about 400k additional XP from the huge amount of chain quests. ALL NON RESTED.

Atm you can get to L81 within one hour, in 3 BRC runs. to 82 in 1 hour 20 mins maybe. 83, 84 and 85 needs lot more XP. 3 times more or so. Even with that, 4 hours for level is very very low.

I also don't understand why do first two levels require so low XP. its stupid.