Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I believe I read somewhere from a blue post or something that blizz did not want any aoe as a part of any class' mandatory rotation. I believe this is why they removed fire nova from our main rotation and replaced it with a single target mechanic. Although giving new ideas is really helpful and nice with theorycrafting =]

I remember a long while back now I read an interview with someone from blizz saying they once thought of putting a totem on shaman's backs. THIS would be fantastic to see, it could help in many many ways, including pvp. I hope blizz thinks more about enhance and works with all these ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoenieKK View Post
    it seems that most of you really like our totem mechanics. I do not agree with being so immobile with such an inadequate AOE. Sure we could boost magma totem damage, but I think that wont be too exiting.
    We're Shaman. Yes, we really like our totem mechanics. If we didn't like totems, we probably would be playing any of the other classes which don't rely on a mechanic that is the foundation of the class.

I would like if nova was usable from searing totem though. I do not see why it shouln't.
    Because one of the design principles for the changes going into Cataclysm is that a player should generally have to choose between single target and AoE DPS, not just use their AoE nukes all the time.

I just thought that incorporating aoe in our shocks would make our aoe more fun than it is at the moment. Because at this moment trying to aoe as an enhancement shaman aint fun
    I found it pretty engaging when I was playing Enhancement prior to 4.0.1, and the mechanics haven't really changed; it's still magma totem + fire nova + chain lightning.

As for AoE shocks; this is problematic for two reasons. The first is that it breaches the single target/AoE divide, unless you use Frost Shock exclusively, and that would potentially make Frost Shock overpowered in PvP, if it was providing competitive AoE damage and slows and roots. The second is that this makes us more like mages, and if I wanted to play a mage, I'd play a mage.

Especially with regards to Enhancement. You're a melee class. Why would you need a ranged AoE?