Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    Remember alliance should feel under attack and throughout the expansion and like the underdogs. This time for once the horde has the army and forces while the alliance had all of men, and the upperhand in wotlk .
    Horde had more FPs in Northrend and they had more forts. Take Grizzly Hills we had a hunting cabin while they had the walled fort. Or lets look at DB we hade a Fort that was 75% taken over by the Scourge, The Horde had two medium sized Forts.
    Fire up the engines! We got a meetin' with destiny, lads! Muradin Bronzebeard
    Grab a sword and fight the Horde. Uncle Lothar wants you!
    Proud member of the "I Hated Forsaken Before It Was Cool Club"

Presumably if pressed on the issue, the official answer will be something about it "fitting with the theme of the zone". This, of course, is code for "We didn't want the Alliance to upstage the Horde."

10+ Year Old Account
    A victim of time management. :/
    I suppose other things took higher priority over the intro. Maybe it was buggy and needed a big fix, but instead of fixing it they were dedicating time to patching up other content.

One way or another, it sucks that it's gone.
    If fighting is sure to result in victory, then you must fight!
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

I would say the flintlock trip lacks flavour and doesnt really explain much about the alliance and why they are there and what is going on. The ship version however would fit well as its not that they are doing the same thing as the horde, its that they are on opposite ends of the same event, though not directly as the opposing faction.

this is a little offtopic but whoever varian is talking to who said "we will await your arrival in the highlands" sounds alot like the english version of kenpachi zaraki
    Last edited by zro1021; 2010-11-20 at 06:23 AM.

they scrapped it?

that's like making the wrathgate chain alliance only

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    they scrapped it?

I agree with ya, which is why I don't know why did they do this...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by surafang View Post
    Who ever said to scrap this needs to share what they are smoking
    I don't think time restraints can smoke.

They probly spent so much time on The Horde intro that when it came to the Alliance one they couldn't afford to waste anymore time, so they added Flintlocke as a cheap substitute.

I wouldn't put it past Blizzard to scrap Alliance content. It's not like their bias in the Horde's favor is a secret they try to hide. Just look at the Worgen and Draenei.

this is gana turn into another pissing contest. Shit happens guys sometimes you just cant finish stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbow Thunder View Post
    they scrapped it?

They remove battle for UC might as well remove the hall chain.
    "The sky's will rain fire." "The oceans will boil." "The streets will run red with the blood of billions only then when your last pitiful hope is extinguished will I end your life lets go."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zro1021 View Post
    this is a little offtopic but whoever varian is talking to who said "we will await your arrival in the highlands" sounds alot like the english version of kenpachi zaraki
    cause it is

thats why they took this idea out/

alliance cant have nice things like kenpachi

I agree, of all the blatant Horde favoritism and Alliance let-downs, this has got to be one of the worst.

10+ Year Old Account
    Has anyone asked (not posted an angry thread) why Blizzard scrapped the intro? I mean...there's been a ton of interviews lately. Why not submit that question for a Q&A, instead of automatically assuming that Blizzard secretly hates half it's fanbase?
    Sun Tzu said that, and I'd say he knows a little more about fighting then you do, pal! Because he invented it, and perfected it so no living man could best him in the ring of honor.

-The Soldier

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth View Post
    Has anyone asked (not posted an angry thread) why Blizzard scrapped the intro? I mean...there's been a ton of interviews lately. Why not submit that question for a Q&A, instead of automatically assuming that Blizzard secretly hates half it's fanbase?
    Blizz screens for questions that might bring up their favoritism and when found, throw them out. They did it with the Q&A at Blizzcon, and they'll do it here too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet Tooth View Post
    One, they always dance around those types of questions and joke about them. Second, it really is no secret Blizzard favors Horde over Alliance by a massive margin.

Cant really wait for blizz to burn our cities, send us to live in the forest or tanaris desert , no mounts, no gear , no weps, so we will have to walk to our raids and fight with buckets and brooms... sigh lol

ohh yeah i forgot, indeed, i was watching blizzcon via stream and they dont know how to answer questions imo, they can give interviews but their facial expressions and attitudes make me think that the interviews could be arranged or fixed, i dunno thats my feeling. i seriously wouldnt ask a single question because most likely they will make fun of me or just stare at each other and say ... mmwut? thats our blizzard ^^-
    Last edited by chocho; 2010-11-21 at 06:22 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, my point is most people when talking about favoritism, it's not just "Yea, most of the individuals who work there prefer Horde", it's "BLIZZARD HATES ME BECAUSE I'M ALLIANCE".
    And again, we don't know why they scrapped the event. Maybe they got caught up making the horde intro, or maybe there was some graphical error they were trying to fix, but in the end the time could be better spent doing something else. Maybe it was just so good, it made the first few people who saw it weep with such joy that they felt releasing it would make they Horde feel bad.

-The Soldier

Where did we have the upper hand in Wotlk?

its foolish to think that Blizzard favors Horde over Alliance, as well as thinking that expansions is "Faction based".

---------- Post added 2010-11-21 at 07:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Where did we have the upper hand in Wotlk?
    nowhere, its just Horde who dont like the fact that the Argent Crusade was humans. the fact is, humans are the best ones for being neutral. Orcs just looks so furious and wild.